Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Spoon

Started by 00AR, June 15, 2014, 11:48:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

I think the future of the current unsigned drafted prospects will play as much to do with money on his decision after reading that. 

PurpleBullHog

The kid needs to take his time and make the right decision.  I'd love to see him at Baum again, He's a great ball player, but he needs to do what's best for him, we don't need a commitment right away. 

Break & Run

It would be smart to come back. It's that simple. He isn't healthy.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ucahogfan

Quote from: Break & Run on June 15, 2014, 05:10:07 pm
It would be smart to come back. It's that simple. He isn't healthy.
But what if he comes back to a very crowded OF?  If he comes back, we return all 3 OF starters from 2014 and DVH said Eagan will start in the OF next year.  Add in new comers Bonfield and Benninghoff and our OF will be very deep and very talented.  I hope he comes back and plays like an AA, but right now, I just don't see any room for him in the OF if Bonfield doesn't sign.  Maybe a move to the INF will help him.

jacobp

I've still yet to see DVH guarantee Eagan an OF spot anywhere.

Misinterpretation of his remarks at Swatters Club, I imagine

ucahogfan

Quote from: jacobp on June 15, 2014, 06:13:45 pm
I've still yet to see DVH guarantee Eagan an OF spot anywhere.

Misinterpretation of his remarks at Swatters Club, I imagine
I thought he brought it up in his PC after the season.  Something along the lines of Eagan will be in the OF next year.  I might have misinterpreted it, but I thought that is what DVH said.  I do think Eagan will be in the lineup next year, but don't know if he is solid enough defensively yet to play an INF position.

ricepig

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 15, 2014, 06:22:28 pm
I thought he brought it up in his PC after the season.  Something along the lines of Eagan will be in the OF next year.  I might have misinterpreted it, but I thought that is what DVH said.  I do think Eagan will be in the lineup next year, but don't know if he is solid enough defensively yet to play an INF position.

I don't know if he's solid enough for the outfield, either.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ricepig on June 15, 2014, 06:26:18 pm
I don't know if he's solid enough for the outfield, either.
True.  His bat plays though much like Bax.  I think one of those two is going to have to really improve defensively.  One of those two could replace Fisher at 1B.  They won't be at the level we have had at 1B in a long time, but both are very good hitters and their bats need to be in the lineup.

It feels weird saying that the bat plays and the defense is lagging behind.  Normally, it is the other way around for us.  Feels good though.

RazorPiggie

Talked to Spoon Sunday, He's coming back 100%.

Sueie

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 16, 2014, 10:39:38 am
I guess that means Bonfield is a New York Met.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Sueie on June 16, 2014, 11:54:06 am
I guess that means Bonfield is a New York Met.
Maybe or Spoon might not get any money unless Bonfield doesn't come to campus.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

billmontgomery10

Quote from: RazorPiggie on June 16, 2014, 10:39:38 am

Well then he has his work cut out for him. Eagan is on fire in summer ball, hitting and hitting for average and power. Spoon may have to beat out Serrano and Bonfield (if he comes) for starting time because Benintendi and Eagan will probably be 2/3 of the outfield and DVH appears insistent on getting Bax in to shape and at first and Rodriguez and Gosser are going to battle for the catching spot. Wiggins may be the starting 3rd sacker and McAfee is going to battle at short against the newcomers. That leaves second base and unless Spoon can impress defensively and hit for average, he may find himself odd man out.

Baseball Hog

Quote from: billmontgomery10 on June 20, 2014, 11:52:41 am
Well then he has his work cut out for him. Eagan is on fire in summer ball, hitting and hitting for average and power. Spoon may have to beat out Serrano and Bonfield (if he comes) for starting time because Benintendi and Eagan will probably be 2/3 of the outfield and DVH appears insistent on getting Bax in to shape and at first and Rodriguez and Gosser are going to battle for the catching spot. Wiggins may be the starting 3rd sacker and McAfee is going to battle at short against the newcomers. That leaves second base and unless Spoon can impress defensively and hit for average, he may find himself odd man out.

You do know Eagan has played 2 games in summer ball right?  I mean, yeah he's had a good start but 8 ABs in the Northwoods league is hardly enough to pencil him in to a starting spot in the SEC.

BigSexyHog

I would prefer Eagan over Spoon at this point.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Kevin

As I have said Eagan, bax, & Serrano  they all need to find a position. They all cannot dh
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

Quote from: Kevin on June 21, 2014, 05:15:43 am
As I have said Eagan, bax, & Serrano  they all need to find a position. They all cannot dh

Between the three of them, they played five positions last year not counting DH.

They need to improve defensively.... Yes, but they have position.

dotnet

Kevin

Quote from: dotnet on June 21, 2014, 06:21:06 am
Between the three of them, they played five positions last year not counting DH.

They need to improve defensively.... Yes, but they have position.

eagan played third in the last game, but it is save to say, he is a long way away from being a third baseman
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22