Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cisterna signed...as a pitcher?

Started by 3kgthog, July 05, 2009, 12:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3kgthog

I was browsing the MLB transactions on MLB.com and I saw Ryan signed with the Angels and is listed as a pitcher. Anyone know anything about his pitching ability?

The Phoenix

July 05, 2009, 02:42:40 pm #1 Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:45:56 pm by The Phoenix
I heard/read after the draft that Ryan had been selected as a pitcher.

Interestingly, our former 3rd baseman/outfielder, Blake Parker is now a pitcher with the Cubs' AAA team.

Wonder how he might have done on the mound for the Hogs?

Amityvillehogger

Well, he can't hit his way out of a wet paper sack.  Might as well try using his arm.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

booogaga

that happens in the minors. the cardinals have a player on their roster named jason motte who is a right handed reliever who throws a 98 mph fastball. he was drafted after a catcher but could never learn to hit a curve ball so his only other option was to see if he could throw hard and he could.
GO HOGS!

The Phoenix

Quote from: booogaga on July 05, 2009, 06:24:15 pm
that happens in the minors. the cardinals have a player on their roster named jason motte who is a right handed reliever who throws a 98 mph fastball. he was drafted after a catcher but could never learn to hit a curve ball so his only other option was to see if he could throw hard and he could.

Parker throws in the 90's