Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honeymoon ideas

Started by onebadrubi, November 17, 2016, 07:35:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

I need some honeymoon ideas?

Tropical and beach is at the top of the list for her 

Jackrabbit Hog

November 17, 2016, 03:17:16 pm #1 Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:39:39 pm by Jackrabbit Hog
Lake Village is nice this time of year...

Seriously, what's your budget?  French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora Bora, Moorea) is as good as it gets, but it's not cheap.  Hawaii is great too, especially Kauai because it's less crowded and commercialized.  If she's into cruising, check out the Paul Gauguin itineraries in the South Pacific. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 07:35:44 am

We're finishing planning ours right now, too.

Tropical/beach.

Do you have a budget in mind? What other things are you interested in for the trip?
WPS

LCAPTP

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 17, 2016, 05:01:59 pm
FIFY.

I ain't rolling just a few miles down 67 homie.

Budget is flexible.  I would love to stay under $25.00 but that ain't happening. No budget, this will also be a graduation present for her from med school.

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on November 17, 2016, 03:58:34 pm
We're finishing planning ours right now, too.

Tropical/beach.

Do you have a budget in mind? What other things are you interested in for the trip?

See previous answer to budget. I mean not wanting to spending no $15,000 or nothing.

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 07:21:21 pm
See previous answer to budget. I mean not wanting to spending no $15,000 or nothing.

Do you have a stockpile of airline miles/hotel points or are you paying all out of pocket?
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on November 17, 2016, 08:01:30 pm
Do you have a stockpile of airline miles/hotel points or are you paying all out of pocket?

Stockpile of miles/points.  I've just started researching what all my options are with these as well.

Jackrabbit Hog

Look into Paul Gauguin cruises.  Seriously.  You can do a 7 night cruise in the South Pacific and stay in your budget.  Everything is 5 star sailing the most beautiful waters on earth, and the ship's capacity is only 320.  The fare typically includes free round trip airfare from LA to Tahiti.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 17, 2016, 08:45:30 pm
Look into Paul Gauguin cruises.  Seriously.  You can do a 7 night cruise in the South Pacific and stay in your budget.  Everything is 5 star sailing the most beautiful waters on earth, and the ship's capacity is only 320.  The fare typically includes free round trip airfare from LA to Tahiti.

I'm scared... First thing I see on homepage is 2 week sale $4,000 off per person.

Dr. Starcs

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 17, 2016, 09:11:38 pm
PIIHB

Do third world tropical countries know what a white girl NO scream is?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 09:05:10 pm
I'm scared... First thing I see on homepage is 2 week sale $4,000 off per person.

That's a GOOD thing, Sherwood boy.

Dr. Starcs

Lol!  Sorry. I couldn't pass it up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 17, 2016, 10:05:26 pm

Haha they are out. Our date range only has 14 day cruises. Not looking to be gone that long. 10-11 max.

Don't you go calling me Sherwood boy, grandpa!

cosmodrum

Ive been looking at Exuma.
Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 17, 2016, 10:08:39 pm
Lol!  Sorry. I couldn't pass it up.

I wish she felt the same!  Ha

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 17, 2016, 10:05:26 pm

What's wrong with being from tha 'wood?
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 12:02:10 pm

I lived in tha 'wood for about 15 years.  It's Shangri-la to me, especially compared to the city I'm next to now. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 18, 2016, 12:18:36 pm
I lived in tha 'wood for about 15 years.  It's Shangri-la to me, especially compared to the city I'm next to now. 

You see Skerwood had their 3rd homicide this year? It was rare that it EVER happened there, and this year there are 3.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 12:23:46 pm
You see Skerwood had their 3rd homicide this year? It was rare that it EVER happened there, and this year there are 3.

When I lived there a high school kid got killed in a gang fight in the old Safeway parking lot, at the North Hills and Hwy 107 intersection, would have been about 1991 I'd guess.  At the time I think it was the first homicide they'd had in almost 10 years.

Now Sherwood is just a suburb of Gravel Ridge. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 12:02:10 pm

Preach brotha!  Jack rabbit is just jealous.

I saw that homicide report this morning.  That set of apartments along with the other set a little further down brockington from them are the trouble makers of tha wood. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 12:39:01 pm
Preach brotha!  Jack rabbit is just jealous.

I saw that homicide report this morning.  That set of apartments along with the other set a little further down brockington from them are the trouble makers of tha wood. 

I don't think I ever spent any real amount of time in that area unless I was eating at Shotgun Dan's. I did have a friend and baseball coach that lived on Narragansett in Indian Head.
Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 12:43:13 pm
I don't think I ever spent any real amount of time in that area unless I was eating at Shotgun Dan's. I did have a friend and baseball coach that lived on Narragansett in Indian Head.

I live in Gap Creek now.  Just couldn't stay away I guess.

cosmodrum

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 01:03:46 pm

I lived between Club Rd and East Lee.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 01:03:46 pm

Snobby rich guy....  My last house there was in Austin Lakes.  Most of us were servants for the folks who lived in Gap Creek.

Boog41

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 08:10:23 pm
Stockpile of miles/points.  I've just started researching what all my options are with these as well.

Who are your miles/points with? What is your date range and min/max number of nts?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boog41 on November 18, 2016, 01:46:28 pm
Who are your miles/points with? What is your date range and min/max number of nts?

Chase, I have american, united, delta, and southwest I can use points with. 

Wedding is June 17th, so anything there after. 

Min probably 6-7 nights.  No max, well I guess no 20 nights or nothing like that. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 01:10:49 pm
I lived between Club Rd and East Lee.

I grew up couple houses down from Jackrabbits ass not far from you on coolhurst.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 18, 2016, 01:16:06 pm
Snobby rich guy....  My last house there was in Austin Lakes.  Most of us were servants for the folks who lived in Gap Creek.

Well I live between them actually.  There is a section in the middle, not as snobby as the round abouts of gap creek but little nicer than the older part of austin lakes.

cosmodrum

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 01:57:49 pm
I grew up couple houses down from Jackrabbits ass not far from you on coolhurst.   

small world man
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 01:59:36 pm
small world man

He had a crush on my daughter.  Wish he'd made a move on her; I'da smacked his azz with the butt end of my 12 gauge.

Boog41

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 01:56:51 pm

Min probably 6-7 nights.  No max, well I guess no 20 nights or nothing like that. 

I love Kauai. Have stayed at both of these places. Both are great. The Sheraton is a little more budget than the St. Regis.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregis/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=189

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=379

Several times I've stayed 4-6 nts on Kauai and then switched to Maui for 4-6 nts.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/stregis/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=189

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 18, 2016, 02:04:14 pm
He had a crush on my daughter.  Wish he'd made a move on her; I'da smacked his azz with the butt end of my 12 gauge.

She was pretty damn hot growin up.  Wouldn't know her if she walked right by me now.  I'm sure you had many opportunities to hit someone with that 12 gauge with raising her!

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 18, 2016, 01:59:36 pm
small world man

Yeah it is!  Hell that neighborhood I thik has a few people running around on here talking smack to each other never knowing whose on the other end. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 02:52:29 pm
Yeah it is!  Hell that neighborhood I thik has a few people running around on here talking smack to each other never knowing whose on the other end. 

lol wouldn't doubt it
Go away, batin'

BR

Ambergris Caye Belize, cheap Airfare on Southwest to Belize City. Then Tropical Air over to Island..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 07:35:44 am

Seriously now bub... you have to ask about a honeymoon agenda?   (hint... it is freeplay time 24x7).....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Maui for mine, but that was 25 years ago, but went back about 8 years ago and still enjoyed it. I love Cabo, but we go for the golfing, and a little bit of fishing, but Las Ventanas is as nice as it gets for doing nothing and getting pampered.

onebadrubi

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 20, 2016, 12:40:02 am
Seriously now bub... you have to ask about a honeymoon agenda?   (hint... it is freeplay time 24x7).....

Agenda is taken care of, I need to find the location brotha!

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 17, 2016, 08:10:23 pm

What airline?

I ask because I fly 1-2x per week. I may have some good ideas, based on what which frequent flier program you're using.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 18, 2016, 01:56:51 pm

Just saw this post. Which airline do you have the highest miles accumulation with and how many miles do you have with that particular airline?

We just used 375,000 delta miles for our honeymoon round trip to Buenos Aires for two Delta One tickets.
WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on November 22, 2016, 12:41:07 pm
What airline?

I ask because I fly 1-2x per week. I may have some good ideas, based on what which frequent flier program you're using.

I use Chase which gives me a between a 1 and 1.15 to 1 ration to convert to United, Delta, and Southwest I believe. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on November 22, 2016, 12:44:12 pm
Just saw this post. Which airline do you have the highest miles accumulation with and how many miles do you have with that particular airline?

We just used 375,000 delta miles for our honeymoon round trip to Buenos Aires for two Delta One tickets.

The miles are through the CHase rewards program, so they convert to any of the listed airlines.  I should be somewhere around 225,000 or so by the time we book. 

popcornhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 22, 2016, 04:24:22 pm
The miles are through the CHase rewards program, so they convert to any of the listed airlines.  I should be somewhere around 225,000 or so by the time we book.

Gotcha.

Do y'all want to fly first class?

If so, for two tickets, you may be somewhat limited depending how far out of the U.S. you want to go. But for Coach, you'll probably be able to go just about anywhere.

WPS

onebadrubi

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2016, 12:04:55 am
Gotcha.

Do y'all want to fly first class?

If so, for two tickets, you may be somewhat limited depending how far out of the U.S. you want to go. But for Coach, you'll probably be able to go just about anywhere.

Hell coach is fine, we aren't looking to join the mile High club so don't need the extra room in first class.