Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any 4th Infantry Division? M1A2 Tankers?

Started by taintlint, November 22, 2006, 11:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

taintlint

I'm a vet now but I served with the 4th I.D. from 2001-2004. I was a gunner on the M1A2 Abrams. Served in Iraq from the invasion up until almost 13 months later. My particular tank company was actually dumped onto the 101st Airborne and sent up north with those boys for my year over there. I never thought as an Armor specialty I would get to throw a 101st Airborne combat patch on! Kind of neat I guess?

So any other tankers or 4th I.D. on here?

Hudge

I am AF, but wore the 4ID patch for a short time, while at the Hood. I also wore that big ass 1st Cav patch as well. I always liked working with the Army, and I'll be going in with them in 2 months to Iraq.

bigyellowdog

I was never in 4th ID.  But I did work in the 4th ID Building while I was stationed at Hood.  I do have 4th ID Coin from their CG. 

Blue35

Initially assigned to the 4th Infantry Division in October 1967 at Camp Enari near Pleiku in RVN.  Great Division that fought some hard battles in and around Kon Tum in the Central Highlands. 

Sowabunga

I wore the 4th ID patch while stationed at Ft. Carson (86-88).  I was assigned to HHC, 4th Aviation Brigade.

Blue35

May 12, 2007, 01:43:27 pm #5 Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:45:35 pm by Blue35
Here are photos  made in October 1967 of the 4th Inf Div at Camp Enari in the central highlands of Vietnam. The mountain was known as Dragon Mountain, aka, "titty mountain"

holman24

I was part of the 4th Infantry division from 86-88. I was in hhc 124th signal battalion.  I worked at division Hq at the division signal office.  One of the greatest times of my life and wouldn't change a thing.  I worked on getting the computer friendly programs up and running for the military.  Played a lot of computer golf in the day.

rasorback4life

I was in 4ID from 98 through 2000 (704 DSB) and then again from 2002 -2004 (204 FSB).  Went to Iraq with them.  Was there throught the Force 21 changeover.  A great time.
Mediocrity Rules!!!