Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 04:06:20 pm

another hit

Started by Old Tusk, December 13, 2013, 12:37:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tusk

Congress took another bite out of military retirement today by changing the cola formula
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Ragnar Hogbrok

So much waste could be cut, but they go straight to troop and retiree pay every time.  I have no faith in government or the promises made upon entry into service.  It seems we all signed a one-sided contract.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Old Tusk

I know we have been used
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

TeufelHog

All done behind closed doors once again.  This is why the budget cycle is two years long, so people/organizations have time to review/study the proposed bill before it's voted into law.  Here's some facts you should really consider (sorry the image isn't better) . . .

We ABSOLUTELY NEED MORE former service members in the House and Senate!  Our current elected officials do not have a clue!

[attachment deleted by admin]

TeufelHog

So the Senate passed the "New Budget Deal" without amending the military retiree COLA clause . . . Do you think the Commander-in-Chief will "Line-Item-Veto" it out? Or break his promise from September? Please have a read . . .

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/16/Obama-Breaks-Promise-to-Veterans-to-Support-Ryan-Murray-Budget-Deal

Our Military is watching!  Why?????  Because . . .
"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive veterans of early wars were treated and appreciated by our nation."
-- George Washington --

Tejas_Pete

Damn that sucks. I can think of a hundred things I see every day at work that are costly and wasteful but they cut our retirement.

kkbrody

Just another reason to vote out all the incumbents next year.

AF74Razorback

Half the Pentagon could go and we would not miss them.
Love the Razorbacks and disdain fair weather fans.

SteveInArk

Quote from: AF74Razorback on January 09, 2014, 02:46:23 pm
Half the Pentagon could go and we would not miss them.

And you're being generous to them, LOL.  The waste is ridiculous.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

ImHogginIt

Quote from: TeufelHog on December 15, 2013, 05:56:13 pm
All done behind closed doors once again.  This is why the budget cycle is two years long, so people/organizations have time to review/study the proposed bill before it's voted into law.  Here's some facts you should really consider (sorry the image isn't better) . . .

We ABSOLUTELY NEED MORE former service members in the House and Senate!  Our current elected officials do not have a clue!

Give it time. The majority of the folks who served in Desert Storm in the 90's are just now in their early to mid 40's. Then we'll have the large number of folks who served over the past decade following them.

AF74Razorback

My senator from NC, a republican helped me out when I needed him.  I was at LRAFB from 1974-1985.  Suffice it to say,  I know Congress uses this as leverage against politicians who may care.

TeufelHog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 09, 2014, 06:16:02 pm
Give it time. The majority of the folks who served in Desert Storm in the 90's are just now in their early to mid 40's. Then we'll have the large number of folks who served over the past decade following them.

That's me by the way . . . currently at 23 years of service in USMC. Almost done.  If I wouldn't have to be "bought" to get elected I would run.  No way I could afford the "media" costs alone associated with "a run."

AF74Razorback

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 11, 2014, 06:54:43 pm
That's me by the way . . . currently at 23 years of service in USMC. Almost done.  If I wouldn't have to be "bought" to get elected I would run.  No way I could afford the "media" costs alone associated with "a run."

Well young man thank you for service and love your uniforms.   The best of all the services.