Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 08:25:53 pm

Accepted

Started by webbgem, February 26, 2009, 02:22:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

webbgem

I was accepted into officer candidate school with the Army today.

Will be sworn in and get my date tomorrow.
Matthew 6:34

H&D

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

SteveInArk

Congratulations.  Great news and best of luck webbgem. 
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Ragnar Hogbrok

Congratulations, man.  Now, if you think I'm going to go around calling some butter bar "sir," you've got another thing coming. ;D
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

webbgem

Quote from: wocraig on February 27, 2009, 08:39:01 pm
Congratulations, man.  Now, if you think I'm going to go around calling some butter bar "sir," you've got another thing coming. ;D

Well, I've got to start somewhere!

I ship for BCT on April 14th.  Starts April 20th in Fort Jackson.

OCS begins June 29th.  So if things go accordingly, I'll be a commissioned officer at the end of September.

hogginbama

Congrats Webbgem, I am sure your mom/dad are proud as hell of you. Welcome to the team, let me know what OCS class you will be a part of and I will get you some inside info. One of my former soldiers is an instructor there. :)
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

webbgem

Class 012-09.

Start Date: June 28th, 2009
End Date: Sept. 17, 2009

hawgrunner

Let the fun begin!! Good Job!

Flying Razorback

Man I have loved being an officer.  I have had more fun in the past few years than I would have in the corporate world.  The steady pay check and job security is great, but as a flyer I don't remember the last time I went in and felt like I was at 'work'.  You're going to feel a lot more fulfillment out of this decision than you would have in today's work world, I'll almost guarantee it.  Congrats and good luck!
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

hawgrunner

Quote from: MBoar on March 19, 2009, 03:13:29 pm
My oldest son leaves out on May 22nd for the Marine's 10 week officer candidate school.

Must be proud!

felixjonesfan

old hog

Good luck to ya. Congrats

hawgrunner

Quote from: MBoar on March 21, 2009, 09:03:58 am
Very proud!  and scared too.

Well, I pray for ya then.

Bryan (CHF)

Congrats man! Enjoy the fun! :D
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

mword

Rodhawg

Hey Webb, If and when it's possible give us an update on how it's going....

webbgem

Actually, I have a blog out there that goes through my Basic Training experience and OCS so far.  I update it every week.

billiewebb.wordpress.com

Let me know what ya'll think and what questions there are.