Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Thank You! Not Just Today.....

Started by jcjj7777, May 24, 2008, 12:24:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcjj7777

May 24, 2008, 12:24:57 pm Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 03:14:55 pm by Jay Jones
As I sit on my front porch and smell the smoke from a nearby bar-b-q grill....and as I go to the couch and watch a ballgame on tv with my family....I can't explain how much I appreciate living in the greatest nation in the history of civilization. And EVERY day I am thankful for the men and women who are serving this nation to give me this opportunity. I am thankful for you every day and say a prayer for you (and your families) every night. God bless each and every one of you....not just today....but EVERY day!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I would like to thank my grandfather may he R.I.P. - the greatest generation ever - as well as all of you today who have served and given of yourselves so we can have the freedoms we enjoy.

Words are not enough.  A BIG thanks to those currently in the middle east and may you come home safely!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

WindyCityHog

Quote from: dj shanon on May 25, 2008, 12:05:48 pm
I would like to thank my grandfather may he R.I.P. - the greatest generation ever - as well as all of you today who have served and given of yourselves so we can have the freedoms we enjoy.

Words are not enough.  A BIG thanks to those currently in the middle east and may you come home safely!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks to all who have served and are serving...

My grandpa (on my mother's side) was a POW during WWII.  I did a four year stint...during peacetime.

For all you soldiers, airmen, sailors, jarheads....I am grateful.

The mission is to come back home.

Salut.

Ragnar Hogbrok

May 25, 2008, 03:24:26 pm #4 Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:27:22 pm by wocraig
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the vets who served in the past and my brethren who are currently serving with me.

I also want to say thanks to all of the people who send their best wishes and support to us.  I can't tell you how it feels to get a random letter from a citizen thanking me and encouraging me.  Just to know that people out there support us and wish us well is enough to keep you going, sometimes.

I'm a firm believer that the U.S. service member is nothing without the support of an awesome, hard-working citizenry.  So, thanks to all hard-working, honest Americans, as well.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: wocraig on May 25, 2008, 03:24:26 pm
I'm not on here to toot my own horn.  I just wanted to say thanks to all of the vets who served in the past and my brethren who are currently serving with me.

I also want to say thanks to all of the people who send their best wishes and support to us.  I can't tell you how it feels to get a random letter from a citizen thanking me and encouraging me.  Just to know that people out there support us and wish us well is enough to keep you going, sometimes.

I'm a firm believer that the U.S. service member is nothing without the support of an awesome, hard-working citizenry.  So, thanks to all hard-working, honest Americans, as well.

Thank you.

Are you overseas?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: wocraig on May 25, 2008, 03:24:26 pm
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the vets who served in the past and my brethren who are currently serving with me.

You are very humble to say that, but the thanks goes to you.

Our prayers are with you.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: WindyCityHog on May 25, 2008, 03:27:40 pm
Thank you.

Are you overseas?

Not currently, no.  But have been twice...once to both places.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Tomhog™

Quote from: WindyCityHog on May 25, 2008, 03:14:28 pm
Thanks to all who have served and are serving...

My grandpa (on my mother's side) was a POW during WWII.  I did a four year stint...during peacetime.

For all you soldiers, airmen, sailors, jarheads....I am grateful.

The mission is to come back home.

Salut.

My grandfather was a drill sergeant back in WWII.  Never got shipped over, but trained hundreds to fight for our freedom.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: ronmahony on May 25, 2008, 10:54:15 pm
http://www.virtualwall.org/do/OdonnellMD01a.htm

Wocraig, you might be interested in this

Thanks for the link.  I'll bookmark it and check it out over the next week or so.