Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-10 Flyover for Saturday's Game!

Started by Hogs07, November 14, 2007, 05:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

42toddler

Nuttsuks

TRUE STORY-
A Friend  and Myself were Trout fishing on the White (below Beaver-Bertrand access) two weekends ago and we heard something coming in low. An A-10 came over at about 600-800 Ft. From the south at a pretty good clip. Being a Wingnut I was loving it. Moments later another A-10 came over at 1000+Ft. Gotta love the "Tubs". Broke up a very quiet, peaceful morning but thats the sound of Freedom. Absolutely awesome ( and ugly) Aircraft. Cant go wrong with the "wartHOG". I have many pics of the F-16's with the Hog tail art. Looking forward to seeing the A-10 tail art. "Fighting Razorbacks" Thanks for your service 188! 

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

TexHog188

26 year AF/ANG Veteran: 1st Duty Station, Myrtle Beach AFB SC - Where the Warthog used to fly. Now a proud member of the 188th in Ft Smith.  They are not that loud, except when the snout lights up.  As for the propulsion, they are a jet (Sorry PorkOpine).  You can try to split hairs if you want, but a Turbofan (Not TurboProp) is a jet engine.  In fact it is in use in probably every commercial jet airliner that flies. BTW, thank you to all the Veterans on this board, and WPS Fire Nut.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

msudawgs64

I don't know the inner workings of the A-10 and they may not be the most beautiful birds the Air Force has but U.S. Army Armor units sure do like them as a welcome sight.  While stationed at Ft. Hood back in the 80's, I got to see first hand just how unassuming these muthas are.  I was impressed.

Appreciate all you guys currently serving and maintaining these bad boys.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

TexHog188

To the crew chiefs of the 188FW, thanks for achieving the "Highest Mission Capable Rate" for all F16s in the ANG/AFR for like ever.. and like 2nd for all USAF F-16s .. Soon to be setting the standard for A-10's as well.  Keep em flying and WPS....  BTW, the next time you see the Thunderbirds flying high, that's one of our F-16's up there!  Thanks Again.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

TexHog188

BTW: HogHillbilly, when do we get our props for our A-10s?  Are they on back order?

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 09:07:38 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 08:54:25 pm
Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 08:33:45 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 07:24:29 pm
Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 07:20:57 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 07:18:37 pm
Hey PorkOpine..................How much time did you spend in the Military ?

5 years.  Took an "early out" opportunity because I was tired of being poor.

I now have 18 years...............Please don't dog on us "POOR" guys because we choose to stay committed to our Country....................Thanks in advance

18 years as a Crew Chief.  Don't quit now.  In another 12 years or so you'll have a decent check rolling in each month.  You'll need it.  Fact is, you aren't qualified to do anything else in the real world.

You know what...............I'm done with you...............

My guess is.............You were BOOTED out of the Military because you are an idiot............If in fact you were actually in the Military............Your attitude tells me you weren't

By the way dumb arse............While in the Military...........I graduated from John Brown taking night classes

Carry on you worthless POS !

I've got a DD214 that states Honorable Discharge with Boo-Koo awards.  I doubt there are any Air Force Sergeants today with as much decoration as I had.

Booted out?  Not hardly.

My dad can beat up your dad! Trash talking about your awards will not earn you any respect, then you degrade these guys who also served by making fun of their salaries.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

MM-gohogs

Quote from: TNPIG on November 14, 2007, 05:59:16 pm
Has anyone ever used an A-10 to do a flyover? They might as well use one of our big ass ugly C-5's over here in Memphis.

they're awesome machines

Quote from: colbs on November 14, 2007, 06:02:58 pm
Are A-10 s pretty loud

not at all, that's the idea
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

AFWarrior83

Quote from: TNPIG on November 14, 2007, 05:59:16 pm
Has anyone ever used an A-10 to do a flyover? They might as well use one of our big ass ugly C-5's over here in Memphis.

Hey those suckers make some noise though!!
Hogville member since 2005.

AFWarrior83

I now have 18 years...............Please don't dog on us "POOR" guys because we choose to stay committed to our Country....................Thanks in advance

18 years as a Crew Chief.  Don't quit now.  In another 12 years or so you'll have a decent check rolling in each month.  You'll need it.  Fact is, you aren't qualified to do anything else in the real world.

My guess is.............You were BOOTED out of the Military because you are an idiot............If in fact you were actually in the Military............Your attitude tells me you weren't

By the way dumb arse............While in the Military...........I graduated from John Brown taking night classes

I've got a DD214 that states Honorable Discharge with Boo-Koo awards.  I doubt there are any Air Force Sergeants today with as much decoration as I had.

Booted out?  Not hardly.

I'm an E-5 in the Air Force and I consider myself in a better spot than any of my friends back in Arkansas.  I have a free education and don't pay anything for my medical/dental.  I also get paid to travel the world, so to say poor is a bad choice of wording, I'd say lucky... 

Don't get me wrong, no enlisted person in the military is rich, but we're far from poor.  Besides I enjoy the military, so I guess you just had a bad experience.
Hogville member since 2005.

10thPlanet

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 09:11:45 pm

Booted out?  Not hardly.

I spent 9 years in the Navy and did 4 West-Pacs before I joined the Guard full-time............I would like to challenge your large shoulderboard of ribbons

Oops.................Sorry..................I said I was done with you................Didn't I
HogHillBilly, I know who the hell you are now. I can certify HogHillBilly knows what he's taking about.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 06:34:05 pm
Quote from: neblon on November 14, 2007, 06:23:45 pm
Quote from: colbs on November 14, 2007, 06:02:58 pm
Are A-10 s pretty loud

ALL jets are loud.  I spent 4 years in the navy in the aviation field and haven't seen an aircraft yet that wasn't ear splitting loud

The A-10 IS NOT loud..................I promise

What he said.  There are only two things loud on an A-10, the APU (auxilary power unit) and the gun.  The engines purr like kittens!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Wayne Watson

You guys can discuss any topic you want but please don't bash someone in the military.  Thanks.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Verge

so they took away the f16's... and replaced them with A-10s... :(

JFHWGBKRIII

God bless all our veterans.  This is their special week. :razorback:

H&D

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on November 14, 2007, 11:07:08 pm

Booted out?  Not hardly.

My dad can beat up your dad! Trash talking about your awards will not earn you any respect, then you degrade these guys who also served by making fun of their salaries.

Yeah he's a top notch loser....And I will not be impressed that your supervisors had nothing better to do then writeup award packs for their troops.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

H&D

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on November 15, 2007, 05:44:52 am

Booted out?  Not hardly.

I'm an E-5 in the Air Force and I consider myself in a better spot than any of my friends back in Arkansas.  I have a free education and don't pay anything for my medical/dental.  I also get paid to travel the world, so to say poor is a bad choice of wording, I'd say lucky... 

Don't get me wrong, no enlisted person in the military is rich, but we're far from poor.  Besides I enjoy the military, so I guess you just had a bad experience.

Don't give the guy a second thought he is just bitter at the world for some reason.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

LR Hog

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on November 14, 2007, 05:38:03 pm
Will it have a banner on the back? ;D

I hope not.  We need a slower plane to carry the banner so EVERYONE, including DMW can see it.
Like a boss.

Hawgon

A-10s are great machines, but they will make for a fairly unimpressive flyover.  Their engines are specifically designed to be quiet and they aren't fast at all. 

For my money, there are two aircraft that make the most impressive flyovers.  Sadly, one of them is an impossibility and the other is highly improbable.

The first is the F-4.  Those big J-79 engines were very loud and very smokey.  When one buzzes you going about 500 mph, you'll never forget it.  That is impressive.

The second is a B-52.  Seeing one of those eight engined behomouths flying just above the trees is awesome.  Their sheer size makes them look much lower and the old ones with the loud smokey engines were great.

RazorDrummer

November 15, 2007, 09:29:53 am #70 Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 09:32:32 am by RazorDrummer
Too bad guys have to argue in a thread about a flyover...  As an AF "brat" for 18 years I have the utmost respect for anyone who has served in any branch of the military.  Nearly every relative I have is a veteran or current active duty (brother is Major in AF...dad retired AF Col.).  I chose a different path due to circumstances at the time of my graduation.  Had my letters and acceptance to AF Academy.  Went to UA instead.  I am happy with no regrets, but I was on the path to becoming a fighter pilot and chose another career.  I still look skyward almost every day as if something is missing...

Anyway...what I learned over my years is that being a voluntary member of the military and serving with honor (or being a draftee and serving with honor) is worthy of my highest respect.  There is a little envy and pride as well.  However, what I also learned is that just because someone wears the uniform, it does not make them a "great person."  People are people.  Some good, some bad.  I have known some very bad people that have served in the military.  I have quite a few examples, but will not share them.  I am sure those of you that have served or are serving know as well...  They are bad apples that could never, ever, spoil my respect for the great majority of those that serve with honor.  Nor could those people ever cause me to waiver for my support of the military regardless of its endeavor.  I do not and will not ever take my freedom for granted.  So...every day, I give thanks. 

Here is a mock up I did of what I had hoped the 188th A-10s would look like back when they announced the change.  I think I might like the actual nose art better after seeing "A-10s" avatar...

(but Shanklin would have the 188th sued anyway)

I will miss the F-16s.  My favorite aircraft all time (even though the P-51 still has a place in my heart).

By the way, Hawgon, we used to take our "civilian" dates out to the end of the runway at Ellsworth AFB and lay on the hood of the car with a blanket knowing when the alert would happen (because my dad would clue us in).  Seeing 10 of the B-52s take off in succession at about 100 feet over your head ("slipping" sideways coming off the runway) was not only a thrill, but our dates would squeeze tight until it was all clear.  Those blue flames coming from those 8 engines and that "sideways" tac was just awesome...
www.oreoblue.com (My Band)
www.theuncrownedkings.com (My other band)
www.honeyjackband.com (the new band 2016)
www.nwamsbl.com (Play Baseball in NWArkansas)
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

The Great Hambino

These can pump 70 rounds into HDN in 1 second.