Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-10 Flyover for Saturday's Game!

Started by Hogs07, November 14, 2007, 05:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbaxfan

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Michael Porkleone

SWEET! 

Is this the 1st flyover for the 188th since switching to A10s?
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HogHillbilly

Yes.............We are doing the Flyover for the game Saturday

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Yindao on November 14, 2007, 05:39:01 pm
SWEET! 

Yes

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 05:39:36 pm
SWEET! 

Yes

very exciting.

I have a good friend that is currently training to fly jets.  He is with the 188th.

You all have a good group.
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

flagstaffhog

I wish I could be there to see the Warthogs. These jets are so ugly, they are my all time favorites.....
Go HOGS Go!

casken

I'll be looking forward to it.  I have always thought they were cool looking not ugly.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

big john

i am going dear hunting so i don,t have to worry about any thing with the game. 8)
john goodwin

Frank and Swine

SWEET! 

Actually, there was a A-10 flyover at UCA for their homecoming.  One of the pilots was a UCA grad.

TNPIG

Has anyone ever used an A-10 to do a flyover? They might as well use one of our big ass ugly C-5's over here in Memphis.

colbs

HogHillbilly

Quote from: Frank and Swine on November 14, 2007, 05:57:14 pm
SWEET! 

Actually, there was a A-10 flyover at UCA for their homecoming.  One of the pilots was a UCA grad.

I was talking about it being the first flyover for the Hogs

HogHillbilly

neblon

Quote from: colbs on November 14, 2007, 06:02:58 pm
Are A-10 s pretty loud

ALL jets are loud.  I spent 4 years in the navy in the aviation field and haven't seen an aircraft yet that wasn't ear splitting loud

HogHillbilly

Quote from: neblon on November 14, 2007, 06:23:45 pm
Quote from: colbs on November 14, 2007, 06:02:58 pm
Are A-10 s pretty loud

ALL jets are loud.  I spent 4 years in the navy in the aviation field and haven't seen an aircraft yet that wasn't ear splitting loud

The A-10 IS NOT loud..................I promise

flagstaffhog

A-10's kind of sound like flying blenders. But hoghillbilly is right about the guns........
It would be really cool it they were allowed to pop up over the stadium from low altitude. If you have ever witnessed the A-10's flying in exercises, you would be impressed!
Go HOGS Go!

HogHillbilly

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 06:46:19 pm
A-10's are anything but loud and they aren't jet propelled.  They have turboprop engines that allow them to provide close air support without being detected (heard) prior to firing their 30mm gun.

I happen to know this because I maintained them as a member of the 23rd TAC Fighter Wing (Flying Tigers) at England AFB, LA between 1988-1990.

My primary AFSC was Comm/Nav, but I cut trained into Instrument Autopilot and became Crew Chief qualified as well.  I've participated in Red Flag, NTC and spent a few weeks in Honduras defending them from Nicaragua.  In other words...I know what I'm talking about.   

I REALLY hope you didn't mean to say Turbo-Prop..................Please tell me you are kidding ?

Because you DON'T know what you are talking about

H&D

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 06:58:20 pm
A-10's are anything but loud and they aren't jet propelled.  They have turboprop engines that allow them to provide close air support without being detected (heard) prior to firing their 30mm gun.

I happen to know this because I maintained them as a member of the 23rd TAC Fighter Wing (Flying Tigers) at England AFB, LA between 1988-1990.

My primary AFSC was Comm/Nav, but I cut trained into Instrument Autopilot and became Crew Chief qualified as well.  I've participated in Red Flag, NTC and spent a few weeks in Honduras defending them from Nicaragua.  In other words...I know what I'm talking about.   

I REALLY hope you didn't mean to say Turbo-Prop..................Please tell me you are kidding ?

Hey leave Mr. Blowhard alone "he knows what he is talking about" didn't you read his resume?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

HogHillbilly

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 07:03:40 pm

I tried to keep it simple.  There is no prop, but the engines are turbo-fanned.  Same difference.  Care to argue that?

Actually, there is a difference................I'm a Crew Chief on A-10s RIGHT NOW

So...........In other words.............I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

H&D

I tried to keep it simple.  There is no prop, but the engines are turbo-fanned.  Same difference.  Care to argue that?

Hey I was just Security Forces, but I'm pretty sure there is a difference..........I mean the engine used in the P-51 was a "turbo-prop", I don't remember seeing that type of engine up on the A-10.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

H&D

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 07:05:41 pm
Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on November 14, 2007, 07:02:46 pm

Hey leave Mr. Blowhard alone "he knows what he is talking about" didn't you read his resume?

What have you done for your country you POS?

96th Security Forces Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL, deployed to PSAB Saudi Arabia in 01' and Baghdad International Airport in 03'..................Undercover Narcotics in AFOSI my last two years in the Air Force.......and you?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

A-10

My avatar is a 188th FW A-10, hopefully we'll have them all schemed up like this one day soon.
Personally I wish they would leave the Daimond w/hog off the engine cover though.
Maybe just have Flying Razorbacks instead.

WPS

fort_hog

I was in troop C of the eagle scouts in fort smith back in 85

H&D

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 07:11:27 pm
Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on November 14, 2007, 07:10:07 pm
Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on November 14, 2007, 07:02:46 pm

96th Security Forces Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL, deployed to PSAB Saudi Arabia in 01' and Baghdad International Airport in 03'..................Undercover Narcotics in AFOSI my last two years in the Air Force.......and you?

Making a HELL of a lot more money than you today.

Really?? I'm a Real Estate agent now, but you are doing one thing every well, proving my point about you being a blowhard........
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

fort_hog

HogHillbilly

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 07:08:06 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 07:06:12 pm

Actually, there is a difference................I'm a Crew Chief on A-10s RIGHT NOW

So...........In other words.............I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

Are A-10's jet propelled?

Who said anything about Jet Propelled..............You said Turbo Prop dude

By the way.................Why is the A-10 considered a Jet ?

I know it's not because of those two big propellers you said it has

A-10

Gents, it looks that you all had served and are serving, geez we just celebrated Veterans Day and this is very unprofessional.

HogHillbilly

Hey PorkOpine..................How much time did you spend in the Military ?

fort_hog

A few months ago i was playing golf at Ben Geren Golf course and a couple of A-10s flew over....they were very quiet compared to the f-16's.....that is what i know about them...

H&D

I really don't know what this guy's problem is, he comes in pounding his chest like he is the know all of Air Force aircraft.  Then takes a cheap shot at me, so I hit him back with the fact that I fought in a war for my country, then he tries to make me feel stupid (I guess he thought I was still in the military and not making any money) by saying how "rich" he is.  Guy just seems lame to me...I hope he makes alot of money, cause he's not getting friends on personality alone.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

HogHillbilly

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 07:20:57 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 07:18:37 pm

5 years.  Took an "early out" opportunity because I was tired of being poor.

I now have 18 years...............Please don't dog on us "POOR" guys because we choose to stay committed to our Country....................Thanks in advance

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

H&D

Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 07:24:29 pm

I now have 18 years...............Please don't dog on us "POOR" guys because we choose to stay committed to our Country....................Thanks in advance

No first he takes a blind shot at me (thinking I never served) then when I throw that back in his face "military people are stupid for being poor".....this guy just has a problem.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on November 14, 2007, 07:26:43 pm

No first he takes a blind shot at me (thinking I never served) then when I throw that back in his face "military people are stupid for being poor".....this guy just has a problem.

thanks for all that serve and those that were pilots lived out a dream of most little boys! Who can tell me that they never ran around the house pretending to fly a jet and shoot down enemies?
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

HogHillbilly

November 14, 2007, 07:30:14 pm #36 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:37:59 pm by HogHillbilly
Here's a good site for those of you that don't know "everything" about the A-10...........I enjoyed the photos

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-10.htm

H&D

I loved the A-10s, we had a few at Eglin (over at the test wing) and we had some cover us in Iraq a few times. 

The best memory of them was the day we got turned around on a nav course out near one of the bombing ranges at Eglin and got a up close display of the A-10 cutting loose on the 30mm.  It was breathtaking........no literally it scared me that bad, we didn't see it coming.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Michael Porkleone

okay...this thread has become freaking ridiculous.

Anyone who IS or HAS served our country is a great person.

Why the hell are you guys arguing?

H&D

I'm not looking for a pat on the back...but when I get insulted like this, I have to respond.

Sorry I had to say something back, I should of shrugged it off......but I didn't.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

H&D

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 08:33:45 pm

18 years as a Crew Chief.  Don't quit now.  In another 12 years or so you'll have a decent check rolling in each month.  You'll need it.  Fact is, you aren't qualified to do anything else in the real world.

What is your disfunction in life??
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

pizwilly

Quote from: TNPIG on November 14, 2007, 05:59:16 pm
Has anyone ever used an A-10 to do a flyover? They might as well use one of our big ass ugly C-5's over here in Memphis.

WRONG Squirrel Face, "Warthogs" are awesome!!!!

neblon

18 years as a Crew Chief.  Don't quit now.  In another 12 years or so you'll have a decent check rolling in each month.  You'll need it.  Fact is, you aren't qualified to do anything else in the real world.

He could have become a POS like you. Because  you dont know the difference between  turbofan and turbojet engines, Its pretty clear why you left the military.

HogHillbilly

You know what...............I'm done with you...............

My guess is.............You were BOOTED out of the Military because you are an idiot............If in fact you were actually in the Military............Your attitude tells me you weren't

By the way dumb arse............While in the Military...........I graduated from John Brown taking night classes

Carry on you worthless POS !

fort_hog

42toddler

hold on there partner....  I spent 9 years as a crew chief on F-16s in the 188th.  Most of what I learned about being a good man, I learned there.  Those guys up there are top notch folks.  I will spare the much of the resume' offering but I own my own business, fulfill my civic duties and am a leader in my church.  I owe those things to God and the fine crew chief brethren of the 188th. 

It might be good to slow down on trash talking these guys.  They will just shake their head, pray for you, and go right on keeping doing a fantastic job for about one third of the pay they deserve for people who many times don't appreciate them. 

HogHillbilly

Quote from: PorkOpine on November 14, 2007, 09:07:38 pm
Quote from: HogHillbilly on November 14, 2007, 08:54:25 pm

You know what...............I'm done with you...............

My guess is.............You were BOOTED out of the Military because you are an idiot............If in fact you were actually in the Military............Your attitude tells me you weren't

By the way dumb arse............While in the Military...........I graduated from John Brown taking night classes

Carry on you worthless POS !

I've got a DD214 that states Honorable Discharge with Boo-Koo awards.  I doubt there are any Air Force Sergeants today with as much decoration as I had.

Booted out?  Not hardly.

I spent 9 years in the Navy and did 4 West-Pacs before I joined the Guard full-time............I would like to challenge your large shoulderboard of ribbons

Oops.................Sorry..................I said I was done with you................Didn't I

missippihog

Thanks to our men and women in the uniforms that give morons the freedom to fly banners.  ;)  My family and I will enjoy the flyover this weekend.

HogHillbilly

I want to apologize to everyone.............But PorkOpine hit a nerve with me.............I know he is not worth it and I should walk away..............But it's like a train wreck........You just have to watch

Hope everyone enjoys the Flyover...............