Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quietly, Brad McMakin...

Started by HognitiveDissonance, November 10, 2011, 06:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognitiveDissonance

...has the #2 and #5 golf recruits IN THE COUNTRY lined up.

How many knew this, and how good is that??

The_Iceman

Awesome News! Building a great Golf program here at the UofA. The Blessings sure must be an amazing draw for recruits.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Golf is one team I can get behind... I know LSU, Florida, OK State have all had really awesome golf programs. I would love to give them all a run for their money...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

KeithStone

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on November 10, 2011, 06:19:47 pm
...has the #2 and #5 golf recruits IN THE COUNTRY lined up.

How many knew this, and how good is that??

It's GREAT news, way to go Coach McMakin!!!

JIHawg

HognitiveDissonance

I think I saw it in GolfWeek. I don't recall their names, but one of them was from Edmond, OK and the other is a foreign player.

RICKHOGHEAD

HoggyWayne

Awesome news! I'd say taking a top ranked hs golfer out of Oklahoma is a big deal with Ok State and Karsten Creek. Fantastic!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HognitiveDissonance

Here you go...

Players listed below with current Golfweek ranking (class of 2012) and hometown:
No. 2 Taylor Moore, Edmond, Okla., Arkansas
No. 5 Nicolas Echavarria, Medellin, Colombia, Arkansas
No. 6 Jonathan Garrick, Atherton, Calif., UCLA

Also saw where the women's team had the #12 and #13 players.

josh_sec33

and yet he let the top ranked male golfer in Arkansas high school go to Ole Miss.

I understand stacking your team, but don't you at least go after the top senior in your home state?

regardless, great class, so far!
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hs6

Quote from: josh_sec33 on November 15, 2011, 01:20:17 am
and yet he let the top ranked male golfer in Arkansas high school go to Ole Miss.

I understand stacking your team, but don't you at least go after the top senior in your home state?

regardless, great class, so far!
U of A signed the Coats kid from Har Ber instead. I don't believe Comer (sp?) even had an offer from the U of A.

Jhog93

He should have gone after a kid in Monet mo named Jacob fair!  If you go by the polo rankings, which are the the AJGA rankings , only Taylor is ranked higher.  Plus he is valedictorian of his class!

hogfan98

Quote from: josh_sec33 on November 15, 2011, 01:20:17 am

Not if you can get guys that are better.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogfan98 on November 15, 2011, 09:14:40 am
Not if you can get guys that are better.

Example: Zac Brooks.

Considered by some the best in the same, but we took Roberts and Williams at RB. They're just simply better players. No knock of Zac.

KeithStone

Quote from: Jhog93 on November 15, 2011, 06:58:44 am
He should have gone after a kid in Monet mo named Jacob fair!  If you go by the polo rankings, which are the the AJGA rankings , only Taylor is ranked higher.  Plus he is valedictorian of his class!

Careful with AJGA rankings as they're based on point systems that can be skewed.  McMakin had consistent kids with no "juice" in his first and second year.  He's looking for kids that can score and scramble for pars, rankings don't mean $#!^ in golf.  Find kids with feel and teach them everything else.  Scratch golfers are a dime a dozen, but there's only one Phil Mickelson.