Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great new chip

Started by pigture perfect, April 25, 2006, 09:50:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

Has anyone tried the Dorito's - Fiery Habanero. It has to be the best flavored tortilla chip ever. It's new. Try it out and tell everybody what you think. If you like warm you'll love it. (For those who are not "Hot" food kind of people, have a drink handy)
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Brett Hitman Hog

I saw those the other day but didn't try them.. I will fo sho now.

ogar_hog

They're Pretty good...keep a drink handy.  I still like the black pepper jack better.

T-hawg

If they ever pull black pepper jack off the shelves, I just may loose my mind. Those are the best chips around.
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

pigture perfect

Black pepper Jack is good too, followed by cool ranch, but I like the new heat.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Brett Hitman Hog

Cool ranch does little for me.. After the black pepper jack I have to go with the Salsa Verde or plain ole cheese .. I do have high hopes for the Fiery Habenero .. I like a kick in my chips.

Hog Duk Dong

I loved the "Salsa" flavored Doritos but have been unable to find them lately so I tried these Habanero kind and they are awesome.  Not for the folks with sensitive taste buds though.
No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food.

Brett Hitman Hog

Wowzers ... Hot and tasty!  I likey

GorillaJMonsoon

Do they have these habanero chips in the WOW version?  If so this might be the most dangerous food you will EVAH eat.  About Olestra (marketed as WOW by Frito-Lay):

Since mid-1996, when foods with olestra were first test-marketed, more than a thousand people have phoned 1-888-OLESTRA, a hotline set up by the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) to gather reports of digestive problems from people who tried olestra.

With close to 20,000 reports forwarded to the agency from both CSPI and olestra developer Procter & Gamble, the FDA has logged more complaints about olestra than it has about all other food additives in history combined.

The victims' cases forwarded today by CSPI are brimming with grisly reports of diarrhea, fecal incontinence, cramping, bleeding, and yellow-orange oil in toilet bowls and in underwear. Several of the victims required hospitalization, surgery, or other invasive or expensive procedures like colonoscopies.

Other victims reported fecal incontinence while driving, shopping, exercising, dining out, or at other inconvenient or potentially dangerous times. Some parents reported their children had potty "accidents" after eating olestra chips, including one mother who said her son soiled four sets of clothing in three hours. One groomsman reported fainting and vomiting at a wedding after eating Fat Free Pringles. Another man required emergency room treatment after complaining of "violent" vomiting and "projectile" bowel movements after eating Wow! chips.

"There was a steady increase in the number of subjects who reported diarrhea with increasing dose of olestra consumed," Klontz reported. The same was true of "severe" diarrhea as well as "loose stools." In fact, severe diarrhea only showed up when the volunteers ate olestra.

One 63-year-old Indianapolis woman ruined three pair of underwear and had no friends for two days after eating olestra chips. A 43-year-old Indianapolis nurse had to "get in a fetal position to deal with the cramps."

So whoever came up with the WOW name has a sick sense of humor.  Combine the habanero spice with the WOW effects and you have a dangerous combo:

Cresthog

The new chip is great, but when u go to the bathroom afterwards :(

ouch