Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cream Cheese filled Jalapenos

Started by dude, March 15, 2006, 06:34:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

Cut large Whole Jalapenos in half (length wise) and clean out the seeds.
Fill with quality cream cheese.
Wrap with 1/3 bacon slice (thin Hickory) and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Stick with a toothpick and grill until the bacon is done.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: dude on March 15, 2006, 06:34:26 pm
Cut large Whole Jalapenos in half (length wise) and clean out the seeds.
Fill with quality cream cheese.
Wrap with 1/3 bacon slice (thin Hickory) and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Stick with a toothpick and grill until the bacon is done.
Now that looks like one hell of a recipe there.

mikeb

I'll be making these this Saturday at the Tavern Tailgate 8)
Thanks  ;D

Arkiejared

Brett Hitman Hog

Karma for dude.. Good stuff bro.  Made some tonight.

ColinRagan

Here's something similar.  I call 'em atomic hog turds.

approx 22 jalapenos cut in half and seeded
1 lb country sausage browned
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan

mix sausage, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese and stuff into jalapenos, bake @ 425 for about 15-20 minutes or so until golden brown on top.(the original recipe)

to make them outta this world,  instead of baking, stick them in a smoker at about 225 - 250 for 45-60 min, then stick in the 425 degree oven just to finish them off for another 5 minutes.

Another variation would be to skip the sausage, stuff with cream cheese, and then stick a lil smokey in the jalapeno

dude

Quote from: ColinRagan on March 21, 2006, 10:03:39 pm
Here's something similar.  I call 'em atomic hog turds.

approx 22 jalapenos cut in half and seeded
1 lb country sausage browned
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan

mix sausage, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese and stuff into jalapenos, bake @ 425 for about 15-20 minutes or so until golden brown on top.(the original recipe)

to make them outta this world,  instead of baking, stick them in a smoker at about 225 - 250 for 45-60 min, then stick in the 425 degree oven just to finish them off for another 5 minutes.

Another variation would be to skip the sausage, stuff with cream cheese, and then stick a lil smokey in the jalapeno
Nice!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to try this.
Karma 4 U

Swino

Quoteatomic hog turds.

While your going for the most unappetizing names, how about you call it squirting napalm diarrhea.

Arkiejared

Quote from: Swino on March 23, 2006, 10:47:26 am
Quoteatomic hog turds.
how about you call it squirting napalm diarrhea.

Yummmmmmm!!!  Those are good...especially with a little mustard on the side!

Lando Calrissian

I can't wait to try these things tomorrow.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

mikeb

I came up with an easy way to fill the Jalapenos with cream cheese yesterday. Get a sandwich bag and spoon the cheese inside and seal, cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners and squeeze. Very easy and fast, no mess. 8) ;D

mikeb

Cooked them yesterday at the tailgate and they were really good. Mine were really spicy and I even took the seeds out, I don't mind spice but some folks do.  ;D

HogBack075

Had these yesterday at the tailgate. Spicy...but VERY good!

prairiehog

made them tonight for supper. Loved them, I loved the ones mikeb made.

Lando Calrissian

CiriusPorker's head almost exploded after eating one of them.

I loved them to death.

Thank God there was plenty of beer to wash them down with.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on March 27, 2006, 02:44:36 am
CiriusPorker's head almost exploded after eating one of them.

I loved them to death.

Thank God there was plenty of beer to wash them down with.

Not a good idea to eat them after mid-night...thus the reason I am able to be up to write this tid bit of wisdom to you.
Retired Radio Host

karma26

Poor Cirius  :(  that was a sad sight.

lol, they were hot as hell though. they were damn good however. my dad went for seconds and maybe thirds, i lost track of him. i looked up one time and he was wiping his eyes on his way for another bite. good stuff, that's the way it's supposed to be.  ;D

Shag66

Lady Shag found them a tad on the spicy side...  I had 4...  :)

They were the STUFF!

HOGLUVIN

They were excellent mikeb. So too was the baumass brisket, but that is for another post.

I walked up the TG just as mikeb was pulling some off the grill and handed me a skewer.  I ate my ass off for the next 3 hours. Jap poppers, brisket, steak, razorbaums (I got there just in time to get the last 1 of 75 of them!also was very good!)

Me,My bro in law, my dad and Karmas dad and Shag were piggin out on em...they were awesome!

dude

Quote from: mikeb on March 25, 2006, 06:37:27 am
I came up with an easy way to fill the Jalapenos with cream cheese yesterday. Get a sandwich bag and spoon the cheese inside and seal, cut a small hole in one of the bottom corners and squeeze. Very easy and fast, no mess. 8) ;D
Nice tip!
This not only speeds up the process, but saves a mess!

mikeb

Quote from: dude on March 28, 2006, 05:33:26 pm
Quote from: mikeb on March 25, 2006, 06:37:27 am
Nice tip!
This not only speeds up the process, but saves a mess!
Thank you sir....glad I could help out on a great recipe.