Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drakehog's brisket at the MSU tailgate was to die for

Started by Lanny, November 19, 2005, 05:11:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Discuss your favorite cookouts with the man........Drakehog.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

mikeb

Awesome a cooking thread............did you use a rub and mop technique or just a rub? How long did you smoke it and what kind of wood did you use? What kind of grill do you have? Did you cook it the night before and rap in foil and let it rest in a cooler all night and then cook it some more at the tailgate?

Jim Harris

Quote from: mikeb on November 20, 2005, 08:44:58 am
Did you cook it the night before and rap in foil and let it rest in a cooler all night and then cook it some more at the tailgate?

yes. Cooked it more in the oven, had the wife drop it off at the tailgate.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

mikeb

Quote from: drakehog on November 21, 2005, 10:39:49 am
Quote from: mikeb on November 20, 2005, 08:44:58 am
Did you cook it the night before and rap in foil and let it rest in a cooler all night and then cook it some more at the tailgate?

yes. Cooked it more in the oven, had the wife drop it off at the tailgate.

I bet it was good.....man I'm hungry

msudawgs64

it was not only good, it was DAMN good..thanks again guys for making my day a lot more enjoyable, it went to darn starting at 1 ish..LOL..
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.