Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Speed?

Started by snoot hoggy hog, October 01, 2017, 02:38:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoot hoggy hog

Do we finally have some SEC speed at our skill positions?
Our wideouts looked the part yesterday.

1highhog

I think we do at our wideouts.

snoot hoggy hog

Rb gashed them a few times as well, when they weren't dancing the night away.

redneckfriend

I was not impressed with defensive speed- NMSt wide receivers were open all day and running free. Also watching Auburn you see what speed and quickness really are in the front seven.

Dr. Starcs

Hard to tell against sun belt competition.

Defense didn't look fast to me.

HardCore

We need to get some speed and agility in our OL....they just simply get beat off the ball.  Skill positions, it is there.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

KennyForAD

'SEC Speed?'  Not sure that means anything any more.  The SEC is ... not what it was.  1 great team.  2 good teams.  11 miserable teams.  Weakest conference in P5.

kuhog

TCU appeared to have had SEC speed.

ShadowHawg

Not sure yet. Definitely not from our linemen.

Al Boarland

I don't think you should determine if you have SEC speed based on playing a cupcake team.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 01, 2017, 06:39:15 pm
I don't think you should determine if you have SEC speed based on playing a cupcake team.

This. We can judge SEC speed when we play an SEC team. Didn't look that fast against A&M but looked miles ahead of last year at a couple of positions, a little slower at some. It's good to have a couple of guys who are quick regardless of straight line speed.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

ShadowTheHedgehog

The speed is there. IMO on par with most of the SEC. What we need now is to give AA a bit more time to set his feet and pass. If the OL is struggling then focus on fast developing plays.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on October 01, 2017, 06:54:33 pm
The speed is there. IMO on par with most of the SEC. What we need now is to give AA a bit more time to set his feet and pass. If the OL is struggling then focus on fast developing plays.

O line is too slow to execute screens and counters. Speed at the skills doesn't matter if the oline can't protect long enough for it to become a factor.

Speed isn't there.

Hoggish1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on October 01, 2017, 02:38:26 pm

Yes, yes we do...

BoynamedWooPigSooie

simmer down it was NMST.

Wait and see how they look against S. Carolina/Alabama/Auburn.  In a month we'll probably be smacking our heads against the wall asking why the WR can't get open and why Enos never calls quick slants.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

PiggyMcBeefy

From what I have seen this year, it looks to me that we do, in fact, have some good speed at our skill positions.

However, with the exception of Nance, I am not seeing consistently crisp routes being ran. It seems that we are not creating enough separation for Allen to comfortably trust slinging the ball around and that worries me.