Started by hogsanity, January 07, 2017, 09:22:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman99

It actually means the following:

We need a real PG
We need to guard the ball better
We need to learn how to block out
We need to not stand on offense

3 of the 4 can happen by the next game. Probably wouldn't have helped the outcome of this game, but would in all remaining games.

Learn from this and improve.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:22:06 pm
It was a free roll. The big deal is coming up when they play 6 of 8 on the road. Split those & hold serve at home & they are still in great shape heading down the stretch.

Quote for Truth

dsims2k3

Quote from: Hogmeier on January 07, 2017, 09:47:20 pm
The love fest Anderson gave Monk after the game proved this game meant nothing.

And if he don't care, neither should I!
Pelphrey still get ovations with each visit  to BWA so ummm...
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Ironhawg

The team fought hard until the tank ran dry.

Hogmeier

Quote from: HoopS on January 07, 2017, 10:26:59 pm
I can't stand Monk or his brother. I'm glad he didn't play a major role today. I cannot stand Ky and think their program is a disgrace to college athletics. I played college sports and was recruited by more than one program. To see a coach say a few extra words to one he spent so much time recruiting is not unusual at all. Nothing to get bent out of shape by but you go ahead and be pissed about it all you want.

Wasnt pissed. Not bent out of shape. Just thought it was tell tell moment.

But Goodnight Jeff Long! All is good in Hog-World!

Letsroll1200

Mississippi state is the main game. We need to go 2-2. We need you Dusty

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 07, 2017, 11:28:31 pm
Mississippi state is the main game. We need to go 2-2. We need you Dusty

Will depend on if Mississippi States plays like they did against Alabama, or if they play like they did against LSU.

It is a young, but very talented MSU team.  Howland may have figured out between their Alabama game and their LSU game how to get the best out of his youthful talent.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 07, 2017, 11:40:25 pm
Will depend on if Mississippi States plays like they did against Alabama, or if they play like they did against LSU.

It is a young, but very talented MSU team.  Howland may have figured out between their Alabama game and their LSU game how to get the best out of his youthful talent.

Your unbelievable love for MSU I will never understand

Why don't you tell us again about how amazing the Hood era will be

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 07, 2017, 11:43:55 pm
Your unbelievable love for MSU I will never understand

Why don't you tell us again about how amazing the Hood era will be

Just making an observation.  I am not a MSU fan.

I haven't watched any of their games this season, but apparently they played well today at LSU.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hamsam on January 07, 2017, 09:36:04 pm
Gotcha... But it does mean we are no where near the top of the college bassetball world.

No s**t Sherlock! You just figure that out?

hamsam

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 07, 2017, 11:51:20 pm
No s**t Sherlock! You just figure that out?

Nope. Known it since 1996. I'll be your Maverick! Punk...
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Torqued pork

January 08, 2017, 12:35:49 am #61 Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:46:57 am by Torqued pork
Quote from: Hogs958 on January 07, 2017, 10:10:59 pm
ya losing by 26 means nothing. It's all good according to a lot of people.
It's a part of life's routine for Hog fans. Just look at it as having to take an extra crap every so often. Eventually you'll barely notice and not care much.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 07, 2017, 11:40:25 pm

LOL

Miss St can be good, but their guards are their strength. That is a good matchup for us. The bulldogs have been prone to poor shot selection at times. They can't have that kind of lapse against us without paying for it. Poor shot selection for.a 3 minute stretch is what cost Tennessee the other night.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogs958 on January 07, 2017, 10:10:59 pm
ya losing by 26 means nothing. It's all good according to a lot of people.

Losing by 26 doesn't mean nothing. Losing by 26 on the road to a top 10 team loaded with 5 star future lottery picks after being within 3 at halftime means nothing.

Our season will be determined more by the next 4-6 games than last night. Heck, the Tennessee game meant way more than the Kentucky game.

We played tough. The game got away from us at the end. They have a better coach and better talent than us.

HoopS

Quote from: Hogmeier on January 07, 2017, 11:23:43 pm
Wasnt pissed. Not bent out of shape. Just thought it was tell tell moment.

But Goodnight Jeff Long! All is good in Hog-World!
still weird this morning. Sleep it off.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 08, 2017, 06:25:30 am
They have a better coach and better talent than us.

While in rebuilding mode for nearly half their head to head matchup, Anderson is 6-9 against a guy who was coaching lottery picks. Not sure there is a big edge in terms of coaching.

hobhog

MA gets a free pass for 26 point loss (last time we lost that bad was....?) at semi pro Kentucky.

Next few games will be my measuring stick.

lynbug

Ultimately, every team is judged by what happens in MARCH.  And what happens in March is determined by what happens in November through February.  Is our team and individual players improving progressively?  Are coaching strategies being adjusted?  I expected to lose last night but I didn't expect to hang with them the first half to get blown out in the second.  IMO a lot of that has to be coaching adjustments......a lot in the Kentucky locker room......not as much in ours. What's happened to Moses this year is inexcusable. We seem to have quite a bit of talent, but they seem to be out of sync....not just last night, but in some of the earlier games against much lower level talent.  Just saying..there's an X factor missing and I guess we'll all bash each other on this board trying to determine what it is. :( :( :(