Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Kendrick Jackson stay at fullback?

Started by luke hawg, November 23, 2015, 01:47:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

With lack of depth at LB and Hayden Johnson's commitment, we might need him on the other side of the ball.

ricepig

Nope, moving back to MLB, maybe during bowl practices.

onebadrubi

Purely speculating but I am hoping the use of Jackson at fullback was filling a need 1 and 2 getting him use to full speed contact in gaps hitting the line in sec games.  Ellis has one more year and then maybe Jackson can step right in and be a two year stud at FB.  I like his size, strength, and speed already.

PorkRinds

As good as he did picking it up, I feel like they'll give him a chance to stick it out there.  Although, if he's not a ball carrier they may just switch him back.  We've got the Johnson kid coming, but don't sleep on the Cantrell kid from Roland that's a TE/H-back guy either.  I say it would depend on his development and the guys coming in, but with the way he performed I can see him getting a chance to keep his spot. 

Tim Harris

BB: Kendrick Jackson may move back to get some linebacker work during bowl prep

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 23, 2015, 01:56:05 pm
BB: Kendrick Jackson may move back to get some linebacker work during bowl prep
Yep, obviously some don't watch the PC'S.

PorkRinds

PorkRinds

I'd say getting an understanding of the run game and blocking schemes can't do any harm if he switches back to LB. 

ricepig

regi

He needs to lose about 30 lbs if he does. BB today was talking about some things he knows he wants to implement going forward, starting with Bowl practices. I hope #1 is to stop being the fattest team in America, lose weight, we play at least 9 spread teams a year. No need for all these fat guys on defense. Enough.

onebadrubi

Quote from: regi on November 23, 2015, 08:00:23 pm
He needs to lose about 30 lbs if he does. BB today was talking about some things he knows he wants to implement going forward, starting with Bowl practices. I hope #1 is to stop being the fattest team in America, lose weight, we play at least 9 spread teams a year. No need for all these fat guys on defense. Enough.

Ahh so your want a 200lb full back and a MLB that will get blown up in the hole every time.

hog.goblin

regi

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 08:26:11 pm
Ahh so your want a 200lb full back and a MLB that will get blown up in the hole every time.

KJ is 255 right now, he is not playing LB at 255 under 25 years old, Physics want allow it. Anyway, it is not 1985, who is running down hill at your Mike LB right now besides, Us, Bama and LSU? We have played 9 spread teams per year the last three seasons. The key now is to tackle in space, 51 Struggles at that as do some others who are  not to big btw.

regi

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 23, 2015, 08:27:01 pm
You serious Clark?

To be fair, we have trimmed down since September, though Johnson and Winston still carry to much weight, but un September we were to big for the style of offenses we were to face, except Bama and LSU. Our coverage and tackling in space (led by our MLB) has been terrible.

onebadrubi

Quote from: regi on November 23, 2015, 08:40:36 pm
KJ is 255 right now, he is not playing LB at 255 under 25 years old, Physics want allow it. Anyway, it is not 1985, who is running down hill at your Mike LB right now besides, Us, Bama and LSU? We have played 9 spread teams per year the last three seasons. The key now is to tackle in space, 51 Struggles at that as do some others who are  not to big btw.

This is a classic case of never pleased.  When BP was here our linebackers were to small but were the speedy type. Now we go with a larger MLB because it's our style and we are wanting what we had when everyone was complaining.

regi

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 09:06:26 pm
This is a classic case of never pleased.  When BP was here our linebackers were to small but were the speedy type. Now we go with a larger MLB because it's our style and we are wanting what we had when everyone was complaining.

So a lot like Bo does on his radio show, you assume that I was one of the ones complaining about small LBs...well that is not the case. I am on board with Jimmy Johnson and JFB. Give me speed and athleticism over size every day. So I guess you are the guy that actually thinks every 6-4 255 lb kid should be moved to LB, no matter how slow they are?

BP's problem was, If an athlete wasn't in the 2-deep getting snaps. he wanted him on offense, therefore not allowing depth to be built. I mean he only had 17 Wr's  on scholarship after all. He needed more tools.

presidenthog

Quote from: regi on November 23, 2015, 09:13:31 pm
So a lot like Bo does on his radio show, you assume that I was one of the ones complaining about small LBs...well that is not the case. I am on board with Jimmy Johnson and JFB. Give me speed and athleticism over size every day. So I guess you are the guy that actually thinks every 6-4 255 lb kid should be moved to LB, no matter how slow they are?

BP's problem was, If an athlete wasn't in the 2-deep getting snaps. he wanted him on offense, therefore not allowing depth to be built. I mean he only had 17 Wr's  on scholarship after all. He needed more tools.
Hey now look I agree with you. also lsu is getting a new coach; so I doubt they will have the same offense next year so bama is the lone power running guy. kendrick came in too big, we needed help at Fullback so we move him. bret said he will move him back during bowl prep. bret also said we had guys who haven't developed into LBs. I'm assuming he meant Khalia Hacket . that guy is the athlete we want at LB and we gave him every chance to take one of those spots and he just couldnt. maybe he will get the scheme down over the offseason but for now he is a big safety who can't play LB or safety. I think Dwyane Eugene is the same but has gotten the position down better but didn't has a broke thumb. this year we went out and got some true LB'S who actually are athletic.

Cure

Not at all, I expect Cantrell and Johnson to have that spot locked up in bowl prep.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Großer Kriegschwein

BB said Jackson will be practicing at MLB during bowl prep and that there are other players redshirting/JuCo/coming in for fullback and Austin Cantrell at TE/HB
This is my non-signature signature.

SemperHawg

Quote from: regi on November 23, 2015, 08:40:36 pm
While I don't really agree with the way your saying it i.e. calling them fat.  There is something to this, I think this was also the role they saw Randy Ramsey playing before he moved on down the road.  Lengthy, fast, good in space, sideline to sideline type of guy.

PorkRinds

Quote from: regi on November 23, 2015, 08:00:23 pm

That may be one of the single dumbest things I've ever seen.  What guys on our defense are "fat"?  The only one I can really think of is Hodge.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2015, 08:26:53 am
That may be one of the single dumbest things I've ever seen.  What guys on our defense are "fat"?  The only one I can really think of is Hodge.
Kevin Richardson...dude is obese.