Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When's the last time Arkansas averaged 50 points (in football) over five games?

Started by OPoraquê, November 23, 2015, 12:21:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

The past 5 games Arkansas has averaged 50.4 points.  I'm guessing it's happened before, or not?

(In a strange way it's a repeat of BA's senior season at Fayetteville in 2010, when he set an Arkansas big school passing record but the Purple Dog defense had some future Razorbacks who were still underclassmen.)

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: OPoraquê on November 23, 2015, 12:21:56 pm
The past 5 games Arkansas has averaged 50.4 points.  I'm guessing it's happened before, or not?

(In a strange way it's a repeat of BA's senior season at Fayetteville in 2010, when he set an Arkansas big school passing record but the Purple Dog defense had some future Razorbacks who were still underclassmen.)

I doubt we ever have.  I DO know that this is the first game (non-overtime) we've ever scored 50 points and lost.  May be the first SEC team to ever accomplish that "feat".

It started out as a SEC slug-fest, but then a Big 12 game broke out!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on November 23, 2015, 12:36:20 pm
I doubt we ever have.  I DO know that this is the first game (non-overtime) we've ever scored 50 points and lost.  May be the first SEC team to ever accomplish that "feat".

It started out as a SEC slug-fest, but then a Big 12 game broke out!

The highest score in regulation in SEC football history was Auburn 65, Arkansas 43. We're all about setting records.
[CENSORED]!

SPAL

I'm sure we did it many times under petrino. I'm told he is the best.

Hogarusa

The Hogs have been the best Big 12 team the past 5 weeks now. Audition?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

cpohog

I have been watching the Hogs since the late 60's and the past 5 games have been the best offensive performances I recall ever seeing. Sure the Hogs in the past had a good/great game or two in a season but to put together 5 straight offensive performances as they have is a rarity without a doubt.

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: cpohog on November 23, 2015, 04:40:13 pm
I have been watching the Hogs since the late 60's and the past 5 games have been the best offensive performances I recall ever seeing. Sure the Hogs in the past had a good/great game or two in a season but to put together 5 straight offensive performances as they have is a rarity without a doubt.

Can you imagine this season with a defense....much less if we could have avoided about 10 broken bones. All the what ifs will drive you insane.

Pig Worshipper

Brandon Allen and Coach Enos have out-Petrinoed Petrino these last five weeks. It's been an amazing run.

cpohog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on November 23, 2015, 04:41:59 pm
Can you imagine this season with a defense....much less if we could have avoided about 10 broken bones. All the what ifs will drive you insane.

The defense we had at the end of last year and the offense the last 5 games....would be awesome!

HOGINTENNESSEE

This offense over the last 4 SEC games has been better than even anything I saw under Petrino.

Which is amazing as Petrino is truly elite as a play caller.

OPoraquê

Went back year-by-year to Ken Hatfield's days as hfc and I couldn't find a similar streak.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogz11 on November 24, 2015, 10:56:53 am
Not to be a downer, but it really doesn't matter......at least this year anyway. This great offense is only matched by how horrible the defense is. Can anyone remember a worse defense? I hope everything can come together next year. Just sucks we have to have one or the other.....

Well, so much for that! lol...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

When's the last time Arkansas averaged 50 points (in football) over five games?

Never!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

MJ2

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2015, 12:58:36 pm
I'm sure we did it many times under petrino. I'm told he is the best.

I think the type scoring he did wasn't necessarily on the scoreboard.

welchog

TDHawgs

If you look at the turn around that Dan Enos had on Brandon Allen this year, you gotta be excited about our offense for years to come if he stays. It's going to be exciting to see who steps up for us next year. Will it be Austin Allen, Rafe Peavey, Ty Storey, or Ricky Town? Whomever it is, you can bet that Coach Enos will have our offense clicking. I'm a true believer in him. I'm optimistic with the weapons we will have on Offense next year, that we will still be able to put up some impressive points on the board.

Boles Hog

The last year we had a defense with this many problems...... 

Quinn Grovey's senior year.........Jack Crowe's first year.  I think TCU scored almost 50 in the 1st half when we played them.

MJ2

Who would have thought that a QB in CBB's system would leave the school with so many records?

Did a Petrino QB throw 7 TD's in a game?   No.

Been an amazing year/career for BA and not under Petrino.   Who would have thunk it?