Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen in the NFL Draft

Started by WizardofhOgZ, November 23, 2015, 11:39:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Had a sudden though this morning . . . B. Allen = Kirk Cousins (ex Michigan State, now with Redskins)?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

scruf

Not to start a fight but I bet BA has a better pro career than Mallett and Wilson...combined.

jm

He'll get drafted by someone. He is pretty good and could have a really good career if he lands in a perfect situation.

Jackrabbit Hog

I think Cousins may be a little bigger, but other than that I think they share a lot of the same attributes. 

I do think BA will be drafted and will get an opportunity to carry a clipboard for a few years and start in spot duty.  Being a coach's kid helps with the intangibles and the League likes that.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

goneal

He'll possibly see some scout team, but I seriously doubt he'll ever see the playing field in the NFL. I'd be very surprised if he's drafted. I think someone will sign him, but his arm (and body) aren't strong enough for the next level.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Aporkalypse Now

Is this another setup for "THEY just hate Arkansas" when the kid doesn't get drafted?

presidenthog

Quote from: scruf on November 23, 2015, 12:00:55 pm
Not to start a fight but I bet BA has a better pro career than Mallett and Wilson...combined.
I already said this and I agree. best qb arkansas has ever had imo

phadedhawg

He doesn't strike me as physical enough to play in the NFL.  I hope I'm wrong.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: goneal on November 23, 2015, 05:02:02 pm
He'll possibly see some scout team, but I seriously doubt he'll ever see the playing field in the NFL. I'd be very surprised if he's drafted. I think someone will sign him, but his arm (and body) aren't strong enough for the next level.

1)  Arm strength is WAY over-valued by most fans, with regard to NFL success.
     a)  Not nearly as much "arm strength" is needed as most fans think
     b)  Having a very strong arm does not correlate as strongly to NFL success as most fans would expect.

2)  Allen has a stronger arm than most Arkansas fans give him credit for.  Certainly strong enough to succeed in the NFL, IF other factors are where they need to be.

I'm not predicting NFL stardom for Brandon, but I do think he'll get a look and with the poise and ability to find secondary receivers that he's shown this season, I think he has a shot to be a decent NFL QB.  Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't make it either - but he will get a chance, barring injury.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: scruf on November 23, 2015, 12:00:55 pm
If he can just get on the damn plane!

IronHog

Quote from: goneal on November 23, 2015, 05:02:02 pm

Arm is adequate except he still can't put proper air under a deep throw that requires it.......other than that he can make all the throws.

Physically he'd need to really get in the weight room.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

dh027

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on November 23, 2015, 11:39:52 am
Had a sudden though this morning . . . B. Allen = Kirk Cousins (ex Michigan State, now with Redskins)?

I think he would be more of an Alex Smith type quarterback.  He's not going to beat you with the 40 yard bombs.  More of a game manager.

Murr

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 23, 2015, 05:39:47 pm
He doesn't strike me as physical enough to play in the NFL.  I hope I'm wrong.

It's QB man