Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well after the loss...

Started by a0ashle, November 22, 2015, 09:45:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

a0ashle

the anti-hogs are back throwing babies out with bath water. Well I am 100% Razorback, this has been a crazy season and we still have 2 games left, we aren't undefeated, but it's still a good time to be a hog. Who here is still calling those hogs.

reddogjcss

I'm proud way this team is playing after the first of year.
Best Mizzou
I'll be at game to honor the seniors

gchamblee

Quote from: a0ashle on November 22, 2015, 09:45:54 pm
the anti-hogs are back throwing babies out with bath water. Well I am 100% Razorback, this has been a crazy season and we still have 2 games left, we aren't undefeated, but it's still a good time to be a hog. Who here is still calling those hogs.

100% here and not even close to being discouraged. woo pig

Piggfoot

I'm a Hog Fan win or lose. Unlike some here who think  the Hogs should be winning 10 or more a year because they do so every now and then. I'm happy if they win their average (~7) and go to a bowl. Of course I really get happy if we win more. I've been a fan for 60 years.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hogginbama

I have said it before and will say it again. Every business model has set-backs, this loss was one of those set-backs. The long-term model has been cast, they are moving towards the final product and will have bumps in the road. Sure the winnable losses hurt, but the unimaginable wins make it bearable. At the beginning of the year, if you had told me that we would roll into Ole Miss and LSU and leave with victories I would have laughed at you. Many logical fans picked us to be 8-4, 9-3 and some even 7-5. Considering the coaching staff tried to tell us at the beginning of the year that they felt we were still a year away, I think we are on the track that we should be.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Pork Twain

We were the underdog and almost beat a top 20 team.  Great progress piggies
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dan42AR

I love the Hogs win or lose. Of course I'm happier after a win but I'm not going to jump off of a cliff because of a loss. In my opinion with all the injuries we have had these Hogs have actually over achieved and the biggest loss we had was JWill as good as AC is we still needed JWill with him I honstly think we would have had 3 or 4 more wins.

Bacon_Bitz

With what has happened this year, I would be proud as heck if the team wins these last two games and finishes on a 7-2 streak.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Real football fans know what has and is happening, and root for the Hogs.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

JackSalmon

Always a Hawg fan, regardless.  Woo pig!

DCimport

I still support CBB, Enos & Smith.   I'm disappointed in the D this year but I've seen what Smith can do if he has the personnel. 

My football knowledge is severally lacking. However, I do know that on 4th and 1  a QB sneak with fullback support has a higher success rate than 40 yard pass play to a TE who is covered.   It was only a matter of time that MSU would get it going again and 11 points wasn't going to be enough.   I kept thinking of the TAMU game last year when Skipper nullified a probably TD drive that would put them out of reach.   We have the largest OL in the world. Just run the freaking ball.   

Albert Einswine

If you don't love this team you're a sad sack. This offense under Dan Enos is insane. Don't tell me Bielema can't evolve, we've laid our eyes on it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DCimport

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 23, 2015, 08:07:39 am
If you don't love this team you're a sad sack. This offense under Dan Enos is insane. Don't tell me Bielema can't evolve, we've laid our eyes on it.
I still support the team and staff 100%. 

hogsanity

What is funny is most of the negative nancies were here in Dec 2012 talking about how boring CBB offenses were, and were were in for a lot of 17-10, 21-17 type games. Losing is losing, but I do find it funny that they were so wrong about some things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BadHog

It's been a crazy season but I have loved watching this team overcome adversity and develop into a very competitive force. I can't compliment Allen enough - no words there.

Yes, we need more speed and talent on the defensive side of the ball and will have to reload at some other positions, i.e. running back, so it is important to finish strong, but the 51-50 loss is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hope we can win on Friday, blow out a bowl win, and finish strong in recruiting!

GO HOGS!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

MountieDawg

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 23, 2015, 05:53:48 am
We were the underdog and almost beat a top 20 team.  Great progress piggies

Not underdogs, 3.5 to 4 point favorite. QB sets TD pass recorords and the other team commits 3 turnovers to none for the hogs. At home that is a game you should win. This team can stop a one dimensional running team but a passing team gives them huge problems.  Luckily Mizzou cannot pass at all and should be a huge win. Any line under 14 points you should bet the house on.
SEC!

code red

Funny how no one can talk about this poor defense...without getting bashed.  I see little to no improvement vs. pure spread.  That's disappointing to me.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 23, 2015, 08:22:49 am
Not underdogs, 3.5 to 4 point favorite. QB sets TD pass recorords and the other team commits 3 turnovers to none for the hogs. At home that is a game you should win. This team can stop a one dimensional running team but a passing team gives them huge problems.  Luckily Mizzou cannot pass at all and should be a huge win. Any line under 14 points you should bet the house on.
Kick the field goal on 4 and 1....makes it a 14 point game.....gives you a 2 point win....any way you slice it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 23, 2015, 08:22:49 am

-5 on game day to Miss. State.

hogsanity

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 08:49:41 am
Kick the field goal on 4 and 1....makes it a 14 point game.....gives you a 2 point win....any way you slice it.

you cant say that because score would have impacted what MSu would have done after their scores too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogarusa

Welcome to message boards.  It is what it is
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Capt. Hamm

SemperHawg

Constant message board struggle...How do you separate the pure haters from the pure huggers.  It takes away from the good conversation there is to be had.  The truth is there are probably a lot of people on here that support the Hogs and believe that Coach B is the right fit, while still having serious questions about the immediate future.  If you are honest with yourself you you have to wonder what this team looks like next year with the defense we see now, breaking in a new starter at QB and new RBs.

hogsanity

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 23, 2015, 01:24:37 pm
Constant message board struggle...How do you separate the pure haters from the pure huggers.  It takes away from the good conversation there is to be had.  The truth is there are probably a lot of people on here that support the Hogs and believe that Coach B is the right fit, while still having serious questions about the immediate future.  If you are honest with yourself you you have to wonder what this team looks like next year with the defense we see now, breaking in a new starter at QB and new RBs.

I think he is the right fit, but I still question if ANYONE can recruit well enough to make a title calibre team. I am encouraged by the teams the hogs are beating for recruits, but it still has to translate to wins.

SemperHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on November 23, 2015, 01:26:40 pm
I think he is the right fit, but I still question if ANYONE can recruit well enough to make a title calibre team. I am encouraged by the teams the hogs are beating for recruits, but it still has to translate to wins.
Its a good question...Last I checked there were a bunch of well payed, well qualified coaches in the SEC, one of them has to finish last in the conference.