Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Liberty Bowl

Started by razorbackchamps94, November 22, 2015, 09:21:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackchamps94

If Hogs beat Mizzou on Friday does Liberty take us or we go somewhere else ?

colbs

I think the SEC has the final decision where the teams go now.

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: colbs on November 22, 2015, 09:24:13 pm
I think the SEC has the final decision where the teams go now.
Thanks , I figure it's between Liberty and Music City

WilsonHog

As I understand it, the SEC, the available bowls, and the schools work together to see who gets assigned where.

Locutus_of_Boar

Bama over Auburn and wins SECCG goes to CFP 12-1 @ Cotton Bowl
Lets assume UF goes down to FSU and Bama and finishes 10-3 but still gets the Sugar bid.

UGa beats GT and gets Citrus at 9-3

Pool of Six Picks + Independence
MSU beats OM and gets Gator at 9-3
A&M beats LSU and gets Texas at 9-3
UT beat Vandy and gets Outback at 8-4
Ole Miss gets Music/Liberty at 8-4
Arkansas beat MU and gets Liberty/Music at 7-5
LSU gets Shreveport at 7-4
Auburn at 6-6 gets Belk

No eligible team for Birmingham.

Vandy, USCe, MU, and UK all at home

I think it's got to be Music City or Liberty with which one depending on whether Music City has a B1G opponent or not.

flynhog

CBS says Hogs VS. West VA in the Texas Bowl.  In Houston. December 29th.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Hawghiggs

Rather have the Indy bowl than the Liberty.

coolhog

Espn has.   Ark vs duke Belk bowl
                     Ark vs wisconsin  outback

Dionysos25

I selfishly hope they get the Music City so I can drive 20mins to see my Hogs.. :) :P
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: flynhog on November 22, 2015, 10:13:11 pm

this would be a nightmare matchup. they might hang 70 on us
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Hogswarts

Please no!

SPAL

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 22, 2015, 11:23:27 pm

We might hang 70 on them too. But I sure would hate to see another track meet with whichever team has the ball last wins.

Phenomenal One

Hoping for Liberty or Independence so I can go .... lol

MissippHog

Quote from: Dionysos25 on November 22, 2015, 10:33:14 pm
I selfishly hope they get the Music City so I can drive 20mins to see my Hogs.. :) :P
That's how I feel about the Liberty Bowl.  20 minute drive and I'm there.  Music City's only 3 hours away though and Nashville is a cool place so I wouldn't complain about that either.

hogcard1964

November 23, 2015, 06:32:25 am #15 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:00:54 am by hogcard1964
Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 22, 2015, 09:51:16 pm
Lets assume UF goes down to FSU and Bama and finishes 10-3 but still gets the Sugar bid.

Auburn at 6-6 gets Belk

I think it's got to be Music City or Liberty with which one depending on whether Music City has a B1G opponent or not.

You don't think Kentucky can beat Louisville and pick up a birth to the Liberty, Independence, Belk or Birmingham?

...and if Vanderbilt upsets Tennessee, don't you think we could still be in play for the Outback or Gator?

HogimusMaximus

We would get mauled.  Not sure there are many bowl teams we can beat.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 23, 2015, 07:30:59 am

Well, we've already beat LSU, OM, and UT. I think we can beat another one.

SMH

code red

I'd go with this one LSU is going to beat A&M....I guarantee Music will take someone from that's closer.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

bigred223

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 23, 2015, 07:30:59 am

Funny I don't think there are many that we Couldn't beat.

jkstock04

Quote from: bigred223 on November 23, 2015, 08:04:04 am
Funny I don't think there are many that we Couldn't beat.
West coast teams would absolutely blow us out of the water. I'm honestly hoping for a big 10 matchup. That would be best for the chances of winning....& I enjoy watching the big 10 lose because it makes the talking heads stammer with excuses.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hollywood_HOGan45

The SEC needs to make sure we won't get a spread team.

Please give me Penn State in Nashville.

hogsanity

Oh dear lord, our poor db's can't get a break.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogcard1964

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 07:56:11 am
I'd go with this one LSU is going to beat A&M....I guarantee Music will take someone from that's closer.

^ this
...and we're not going there two years in a row.

FANONTHEHILL

Since the SEC office assigns the bowls now, back to back to the Texas Bowl is not likely.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

code red

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 23, 2015, 08:20:51 am
Since the SEC office assigns the bowls now, back to back to the Texas Bowl is not likely.
Liberty, book it but still yet Missouri is not a layup.  Esp if we play like we did last week on defense.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longtimeHogfan

Last time I went to a Liberty Bowl we lost to Georgia in the freezing cold with a last second field goal.  We sat on concrete bleachers and my butt is still numb. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

bigred223

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 23, 2015, 08:08:36 am
West coast teams would absolutely blow us out of the water. I'm honestly hoping for a big 10 matchup. That would be best for the chances of winning....& I enjoy watching the big 10 lose because it makes the talking heads stammer with excuses.

We certainly match up better with traditional offenses, but I do not think we would be blown out of the water by west coast teams.

hogsanity

Quote from: bigred223 on November 23, 2015, 09:48:14 am
We certainly match up better with traditional offenses, but I do not think we would be blown out of the water by west coast teams.

Give a college staff 4-5 weeks to prepare, and they can usually scheme up the other team, provided they have the talent to do so, especially if the opponent is one dimensional.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MissippHog on November 23, 2015, 03:54:38 am
That's how I feel about the Liberty Bowl.  20 minute drive and I'm there.  Music City's only 3 hours away though and Nashville is a cool place so I wouldn't complain about that either.

I would much rather go to the more prestigious one. I don't know between those two which is. I live in Bartlett so the Liberty would be easier and less expensive for me as a fan. BUT the bowl destination should be about the PLAYERS, coaches and what's best for the program and not what random fans such as all of us want. I do know the Nashville stadium and things for the fans is a better trip.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 23, 2015, 09:35:32 am
Last time I went to a Liberty Bowl we lost to Georgia in the freezing cold with a last second field goal.  We sat on concrete bleachers and my butt is still numb. 

You could have still had a cold butt and went to the one we won against ECU.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 22, 2015, 11:51:36 pm
We might hang 70 on them too. But I sure would hate to see another track meet with whichever team has the ball last wins.

I agree.  If we can run on WVA they won't be scoring points like MSU did.  MSU wanted a track meet because they knew it was that or fewer possessions and teams have been choosing more possessions, hence track meet.

Our D needs to make some stops, which they were not doing, to avoid track meets...

runninhog

Would love to see the Hogs in Memphis.

razorbackkid

I'd like to get Toledo in a bowl, just for the 100 to nothing beating we would put down on them.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Jack The BN

Can't wait to turn into a popsicle again.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

pigture perfect

I'm just hoping for a good match-up. That's what makes all the difference in the world.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Danny J

I don't care what bowl but I don't want to play a spread team with a decent QB. I would love to get a team like Duke.

Iwastherein1969

I want TTech again.....any time, anywhere
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Pig Worshipper

The Higs will be playing the Memphis Tigers in the Liberty Bowl to a sell-out crowd.

Danny J

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on November 23, 2015, 06:20:35 pm
The Higs will be playing the Memphis Tigers in the Liberty Bowl to a sell-out crowd.
That would be very likely IMO and it would probably be a decent game.

PorkSoda

is that like a cross between a hog and a pig?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

LZH

The Higs and the Togers.... sounds like a good game to me!

hogcard1964

That would be a really good match up.

hammer66

I don't think you or the others in this thread who think we'd get smoked by W Virginia realize what kind of offense they have this year. They run the ball a lot more than they pass it. Their passing game has been poor this year.

Dirty

Quote from: hammer66 on November 23, 2015, 07:25:37 pm
I don't think you or the others in this thread who think we'd get smoked by W Virginia realize what kind of offense they have this year. They run the ball a lot more than they pass it. Their passing game has been poor this year.

That's because they haven't played us!

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dirty on November 23, 2015, 07:28:52 pm
That's because they haven't played us!
The game will be played after the Heisman Trophy ceremony, so we won't have that hanging over our heads.

dhornjr1

Quote from: Danny J on November 23, 2015, 06:32:47 pm
That would be very likely IMO and it would probably be a decent game.

Both teams might score 80 points apiece. Alex Collins would run for 300 yards, Brandon Allen would throw for 400 yards, and Paxton Lynch would throw and run for 700 yards by himself.

Unless the weather is like it was six years ago. In that case, both teams will combine for 300 yards and the final score will be 9-7.

reddogjcss

I hope we don't play a spread team in which ever Bowl

MC_Hog

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 22, 2015, 09:51:16 pm

Auburn at 6-6 gets Belk

Independence Bowl get's last pick not the Birmingham Bowl

presidenthog

I think the conference will put us in a bowl against a big 10 team. Texas Bowl would make sense as far as ticket sales and recruiting because the conference chooses these things based on those reasons but they also will make these decisions based on match ups and the perception of the league. the league knows we have no defense if it isn't against a run based team. I think they will match us up against a B1G school no matter what because they know we will win that game