Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chicken salad

Started by paducahhog, November 21, 2015, 10:54:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paducahhog

I hardly ever post just usually read but have been a member for a long while.   My dad always said you can't make chicken salad out of chicken s&&it. We started the season with everyone that could make a play injured.    We lost defensive guys(however we need to be a little more aggressive in the secondary).  But we have watched guys step up.   We have watched a team grow up and become men.  BA is playing almost to his potential.   Our receivers are really showing up and they are young. Our defense is young.    We are going to a bowl.  So we made chicken salad out of chicken s@&t

ricepig

Quote from: WorfHog on November 21, 2015, 11:50:00 pm
We have all the ingredients to make a killer chicken salad, but our dumbass head coach decided at the end of the game he wanted tuna salad.

Wrong, you make them use all their TO's and set up a gimmie FG, if you can't make a 29yr FG, you don't deserve to win. Voleztke(SP) got absolutely abused on the inside move and rush, FG never had a chance.

WorfHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2015, 11:53:05 pm
Wrong, you make them use all their TO's and set up a gimmie FG, if you can't make a 29yr FG, you don't deserve to win. Voleztke(SP) got absolutely abused on the inside move and rush, FG never had a chance.

Right, we passed to take the lead and CBB put the ball in Cole Hedlund's foot not BA's hands. Bad call (since this isn't the first time this season it hasn't worked see Ole Miss game), dance with who brung you.

ricepig

Quote from: WorfHog on November 22, 2015, 12:04:27 am
Right, we passed to take the lead and CBB put the ball in Cole Hedlund's foot not BA's hands. Bad call (since this isn't the first time this season it hasn't worked see Ole Miss game), dance with who brung you.

And had BA thrown a pick, you would have been crying to kick a FG. You weren't the idiot behind me in Sec 220 yelling after every play something ridiculous, were you?

SPAL

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 12:07:38 am
And had BA thrown a pick, you would have been crying to kick a FG. You weren't the idiot behind me in Sec 220 yelling after every play something ridiculous, were you?

Correct. Idiots gonna be idiots. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be that stupid? Thank God I don't have to find out.

10thPlanet

Look at it again and look who lines up wrong causing him to get tripped.

Kevin

Love how people come on here and tell others how they would think if it went different.

The way ba has played I wanted the ball in his hands. Gets picked then our best player took the last shot. I would have been happy with that
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dominicanhog

I can't argue with either call that is being debated this morning, hindsight is 20/20... I would have liked to have seen a safe bootleg roll out, pass- run option off play action on both the 4th down call and the 3rd down before the field goal... was hoping for another first down at the end to not give Dak a chance to beat us.. not necessarily a TD but a short first down.. oh well, it only cost me a 1/2 nights sleep as opposed to usually not sleeping at all.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: paducahhog on November 21, 2015, 10:54:51 pm
Our defense is young.

Please explain why this "young" defense can't tackle ?  I saw one of our dbs miss a tackle, spin around, then miss another tackle.....unbelievable that the coaches can't teach such basic skills.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ricepig

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 22, 2015, 07:21:17 am
Please explain why this "young" defense can't tackle ?  I saw one of our dbs miss a tackle, spin around, then miss another tackle.....unbelievable that the coaches can't teach such basic skills.

Same DB's that played last year, for the most part.

italian9005

no matter what field goal or go for td... we should have tried for another first down. even if we had made the field goal we were going to give them the ball back with 45seconds left. plenty of time to score on our crap defense. get the first down and try for TD. if cant get TD then kick the field goal. bielema didnt even try to get another first down to run clock down. hes an idiot

ricepig

Quote from: italian9005 on November 22, 2015, 07:26:36 am
no matter what field goal or go for td... we should have tried for another first down. even if we had made the field goal we were going to give them the ball back with 45seconds left. plenty of time to score on our crap defense. get the first down and try for TD. if cant get TD then kick the field goal. bielema didnt even try to get another first down to run clock down. hes an idiot

It was the same play AC took 80yrs against LSU, I guess we weren't trying to score then, either.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 07:24:45 am
Same DB's that played last year, for the most part.

yeah, we never compensated for the players we lost, Flowers, Philon and Spaigth (blitzing) were our pass rush and the leaders of the D.. No one stepped up this year.. We need more speed on the edge and desperately need some linebackers that can cover the short middle....

MuskogeeHogFan

Never should have come down to the FG. The major mistake was on the 4th and 1 at the MSU 26 when instead of just getting the first down and continuing the drive, we chose to take a shot into the EZ. If we go down and score on that drive, we go up 49-31 and with our TD in the 4th we would have made it 56 points, which would have required them to score 4 TD's to win the game.

FG blocking is the simplest of things, everyone secures the gap inside of them, just seal it off. But I still contend that it should have never come down to depending on a FG conversion.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 22, 2015, 07:36:59 am
yeah, we never compensated for the players we lost, Flowers, Philon and Spaigth (blitzing) were our pass rush and the leaders of the D.. No one stepped up this year.. We need more speed on the edge and desperately need some linebackers that can cover the short middle....

We have to play zone because we lack the speed/talent to play man, outside of one DB. Last year we generated a better pass rush and it worked, this year the pass rush had been very mediocre, at best.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 22, 2015, 07:39:46 am
Never should have come down to the FG. The major mistake was on the 4th and 1 at the MSU 26 when instead of just getting the first down and continuing the drive, we chose to take a shot into the EZ. If we go down and score on that drive, we go up 49-31 and with our TD in the 4th we would have made it 56 points, which would have required them to score 4 TD's to win the game.

FG blocking is the simplest of things, everyone secures the gap inside of them, just seal it off. But I still contend that it should have never come down to depending on a FG conversion.

agree, the real turning point of the game...hindsight is 20/20 and I understand what they wanted to do, but a play action fake, roll, run-pass option to a TE/FB was what I was hoping for, though no guarantees... It's the one call I bet the coaches wish they had back.

Pancetta

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 22, 2015, 07:46:10 am
agree, the real turning point of the game...hindsight is 20/20 and I understand what they wanted to do, but a play action fake, roll, run-pass option to a TE/FB was what I was hoping for, though no guarantees... It's the one call I bet the coaches wish they had back.
CBB alluded to as much in his postgame.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Pancetta on November 22, 2015, 07:50:46 am
CBB alluded to as much in his postgame.

haven't seen it, but I bet he slept worse than I did last night.

lumphog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 22, 2015, 12:23:32 am
Correct. Idiots gonna be idiots. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be that stupid? Thank God I don't have to find out.
PREACH!!!!

I believe we did a few things that reset the mental aspect of the game. 1.  First half we couldn't win the LOS on O or D.  2. Late second period, we finally won a few battles on the lines and it paid off.  3.  We got some luck starting the second half, their turnovers but they were mostly forced turnovers.  Short field, go for the throat time and we did that.  Mullen teams have a knack for screw-ups and we were taking advantage.  4.  After scoring 4 times I believe and getting up 11, around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd we start milking the clock and running the ball even though it wasn't working.  Our teams excitement went out of the game.  The D got a half step slower and we started getting beat again on the lines.  They took the lead and we reset on O and scored and the D got a little excited and played a bit better.  MSU realized they were about to lose the game, reset their resolve and took the lead back.  5.  Then our O moved the ball down the field until our coach felt we were in position to play for the field goal.  He chose a path to rid Mullen of his timeouts and place us in position for a field goal. 

Our QB was red hot and so was our receivers.  Coach knew this but went with what he has always felt more comfortable with, try and grind out a first down running or kick the field goal.  On this day, it failed.  Hard truth is, we usually fail if we find it necessary to make the correct decisions late in a game.  Reminds me of what my Dad used to tell my Mother.  Honey it takes just as good a driver to hit every pothole as it does to miss every pot hole, but the end result is far different.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on November 22, 2015, 08:33:25 am
I believe we did a few things that reset the mental aspect of the game. 1.  First half we couldn't win the LOS on O or D.  2. Late second period, we finally won a few battles on the lines and it paid off.  3.  We got some luck starting the second half, their turnovers but they were mostly forced turnovers.  Short field, go for the throat time and we did that.  Mullen teams have a knack for screw-ups and we were taking advantage.  4.  After scoring 4 times I believe and getting up 11, around the 8 minute mark of the 3rd we start milking the clock and running the ball even though it wasn't working.  Our teams excitement went out of the game.  The D got a half step slower and we started getting beat again on the lines.  They took the lead and we reset on O and scored and the D got a little excited and played a bit better.  MSU realized they were about to lose the game, reset their resolve and took the lead back.  5.  Then our O moved the ball down the field until our coach felt we were in position to play for the field goal.  He chose a path to rid Mullen of his timeouts and place us in position for a field goal. 

Our QB was red hot and so was our receivers.  Coach knew this but went with what he has always felt more comfortable with, try and grind out a first down running or kick the field goal.  On this day, it failed.  Hard truth is, we usually fail if we find it necessary to make the correct decisions late in a game.  Reminds me of what my Dad used to tell my Mother.  Honey it takes just as good a driver to hit every pothole as it does to miss every pot hole, but the end result is far different.

Milk the clock?? Why don't you reread the play chart after we got up 11.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/football/2015/ar112115.htm

PonderinHog

Note to self:  DO NOT EAT PADUCAHHOG'S CHICKEN SALAD!!!

Uberanubis

We have all the ingredients to make a killer chicken salad, but our dumbass head coach decided at the end of the game he wanted tuna salad.

stop being butt hurt, in the game of football it was the right decision. 48 seconds left you kick the field goal kick it short to run some clock and make them beat you in less then 40 secs with no time outs. this isn't an [CENSORED] video game
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Capt. Hamm

^This^. Also, if you score 50 you should win the game. Defense let the team down.

Hoggish1

And if the FG is made we have caviar...

moses_007

Why Arkansas took that shot in the end zone on 4th and 1 is beyond me.  I said at the time, throw a real short pass and get the first down.  There is no guarantee that would have worked, but it would have certainly had a better chance.

This is where we lost the game.

PonderinHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 22, 2015, 09:46:52 am
Why Arkansas took that shot in the end zone on 4th and 1 is beyond me.  I said at the time, throw a real short pass and get the first down.  There is no guarantee that would have worked, but it would have certainly had a better chance.

This is where we lost the game.
I wanted to see that misdirection pitch on 4th down.

Hoggish1

Never should have come down to the FG. The major mistake was on the 4th and 1 at the MSU 26 when instead of just getting the first down and continuing the drive, we chose to take a shot into the EZ.

Yes, that was the game for me too.  We were not eating clock all game against them.  We missed our chance to eat more clock with that mistake, regardless of a score. 

If we were going to throw, my choice would have been a possession pass and not one in the end zone, which scores too fast anyhow, if you hit it. 

They were matching our every score up to that point and we didn't need to let them have the ball when we couldn't slow them down all game.

M L (bassplayer)

our dumbass head coach

You are part of what makes following the razorbacks difficult. Like the dude behind me at the TxTech game yelling "Brandon Allen you are horrible", and "Put in Peavey". Are you him?

Hog N Bama

I would have depended on Enos and our offense to make the needed yardage. Best chance to win given what was working the most.