Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In reality...

Started by Prestworthy, November 21, 2015, 10:05:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

8-4 isn't a whole lot different than 7-5.  Should win next week and go to a TN bowl game regardless of 8-4 or 7-5.

Two things just happened.  One less win and one more loss.  Even if I knew we could go to a better bowl if we lost, I would still want that win.

Hawgphish

I just don't want to be matched up against some 9-3 up tempo spread mid major who is excited to be there.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 21, 2015, 10:07:38 pm
I just don't want to be matched up against some 9-3 up tempo spread mid major who is excited to be there.
This is true.  They would feast on our defense.

Lake City Hog

So, is 7-5 just like 6-6?

hobhog

Nope. It was a bad loss. The nation was feeding on Hogs energy and ESPN actually said before game we were 2nd best sec team. Now, just another disappointing loss.

Need to finish strong and end at 8-5 to keep momentum of this staff and recruiting. It's crucial.

Hogsmo Kramer

No losing is not like winning, not remotely the same.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: Prestworthy on November 21, 2015, 10:05:03 pm
8-4 isn't a whole lot different than 7-5.  Should win next week and go to a TN bowl game regardless of 8-4 or 7-5.
Thinking like that is exactly why this program is thought of as an average non relevant program in the SEC....thought that's why we got rid of Nutt...even though it took 10 yrs.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Redhogs on November 22, 2015, 11:20:17 am
Thinking like that is exactly why this program is thought of as an average non relevant program in the SEC....thought that's why we got rid of Nutt...even though it took 10 yrs.
exactly.  We are winning games we aren't supposed to and losing games we should wins.  it is all too familiar.  fans are blinded by the unexpected wins and the "uncommon" charisma.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Redhogs on November 22, 2015, 11:20:17 am

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:24:46 pm
exactly.  We are winning games we aren't supposed to and losing games we should wins.  it is all too familiar.  fans are blinded by the unexpected wins and the "uncommon" charisma.

What would you do? Who would you have hired?

reddogjcss

The way the season started and the D struggling I'm VERY HAPPY we going to BOWL
In Reality we have under achieved and over achieved, been lucky and unlucky. Glad we got 6 wins hoping for win 7 against MIZZOU. 
Beat MIZZOU and win Bowl game I say great season with all things considered.

Hogarusa

And 8-4 really isnt too much different than 9-3 and 10-2 is just a smidge different than 9-3.  I get it.  That is reality
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Prestworthy on November 21, 2015, 10:05:03 pm

I've read this, but I really don't understand your thinking on this.

I think EVERY game is important when you're trying to build a program from the ashes.  It helps in recruiting, it helps in national image/prestige, it helps in getting a higher rated bowl that is played in a better, higher profile TV slot, etc., etc., etc..

That's one great thing about CFB -- EVERY win or loss matters!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Jek Tono Porkins

I get the sentiment of the OP. In the grand scheme of things the loss doesn't matter that much but losing still sucks.

The simple fact of the matter is that our defense is not up to par. Our defense is built to stop running teams. The LSU game wasn't a fluke; the defense executed very well. But they struggle when facing passing teams because of the depth at the LB position.

BB took blame for not recruiting the LB position as well as he should have, but he basically only has 2 recruiting classes under his belt. I don't count coming in December and signing a class in February as a full class for BB. It's real hard to have a good 2-deep at LB with two recruiting classes, especially considering the mess the position group was in when he arrived. We just ain't there yet.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on November 22, 2015, 07:29:50 pm
I get the sentiment of the OP. In the grand scheme of things the loss doesn't matter that much but losing still sucks.

The simple fact of the matter is that our defense is not up to par. Our defense is built to stop running teams. The LSU game wasn't a fluke; the defense executed very well. But they struggle when facing passing teams because of the depth at the LB position.

BB took blame for not recruiting the LB position as well as he should have, but he basically only has 2 recruiting classes under his belt. I don't count coming in December and signing a class in February as a full class for BB. It's real hard to have a good 2-deep at LB with two recruiting classes, especially considering the mess the position group was in when he arrived. We just ain't there yet.

Good post.  On target.

I think your point about only 2 recruiting classes is pertinent.  Still, they've got to recruit some players to fill that need, and very soon IMO.

Maybe some of the guys we're redshirting will make a difference next year.  Don't know, though.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858