Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Loss

Started by GoHogs40, November 21, 2015, 09:50:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Mikey on November 21, 2015, 10:04:39 pm
The logic to run the ball was sound in that it made MSU use all their timeouts, even though they were going to get the ball again no matter what.  The only chance our defense had of stopping them was for the clock to run out and them not having any timeouts might have been the only chance our defense had.
Correct.

Airforcehawg

For me the 2 biggest mistakes were giving the MSU WR's a 10+ yard cushion off of the line when they majority of there pass plays were 5 yards or less and the play call on the 4 and 1 where they went for the deep TD. I think going for it was the right call, but I would of much rather seen the 2 point conversion play that won the game at Ol Miss. Spread them out...give BA a couple options to throw, and if it isnt immediately there...run it behind Smothers.

Auburn

Bielema really wasted that timeout when MSU was about to score.  It wouldn't have changed the game but it could have.  And in close games, that matters, every roll of the dice matters.

Points matter, too.  Go for 7 and if you have to take 3, you take the 3.  You don't set it up to just go for the 3.

Great job by Allen and the receivers and TEs.

bphi11ips

Methane causes dain bramage. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

pa_rob424

If we throw incomplete passes there and give them extra clock, or BA gets sacked and stripped trying to pass, you guys wouldn't be happy about that either. You can't have it both ways!  I would have liked to see them throw a PA pass on 1st down, but they didn't.  The block wasn't Hedlund's fault. One specific play didn't cause us to lose. The entire defense and defensive coaching staff got abused. We shouldn't have to score 52+ every week to win.  It's not on Bielema, so don't even try to spin it that way.

Bacon_Bitz

Yes I was begging for a td attempt at the end too but it's really not a mistake. Kid does his job blocking in the FG attempt we win.

BassinHawg

He went for it on 4th down because he knew that our kicking game is bull dung! They just should have ran a different play, that one has not worked the last three games!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

peevedpaul

The real question is, why give a kicker a scholarship and a red shirt year if: 1) you don't trust them with long field goals, and 2) (related to 1) that person has a low trajectory tendency?

Honestly, I don't think the result of the final field goal attempt had anything to do with Hedlund, and everything to do with the protection.

Mikey

Quote from: VirginiaHog on November 21, 2015, 10:09:19 pm
Our D and only our D lost this game.

This is 100% correct, although plenty of people won't get it.

coolhog

Stupid coaching decisions, all on bret.
Score touchdowns all night and know we want to rely on a field goal that only puts you up by 2?

Pancetta

You coach expecting your players to do their jobs. #46 does his job and we win the game.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

East TN HAWG

Another coaching blunder was at the end of the first half.  CBB should have called a time out and made them punt.  Instead he let Dak have one more shot.  It didn't hurt us, but you don't ever give a QB like that a free shot.

Danny J

Quote from: smokeyB_blues on November 21, 2015, 10:02:54 pm
This is what most coaches as a whole in college football would do in this situation... This kind of thing just happens sometimes ie Aurburn vs Alabama a few years back its the crazy part about college football that makes it so amazing!
No...most coaches would have road their hot as hell 7 TD throwing QB who just drove the ball 80 yards..literally....with not one drop or in-completion. Most coaches know when they have a shaky FG unit(that is not just the kicker). I mean we just drove 80 freaking yards then played not to lose. Amazing how anybody can come to any other conclusion.

FarmingtonFan

Wish we had run the ball on 4th down, but if the pass is complete Enos is a hero.   Too much risk for me. Execution on the field goal attempt was the issue. If we had passed incomplete and left more time on the clock, there would be major criticism of that decision.

Granny fan

Quote from: mike_the_geek on November 21, 2015, 09:55:54 pm
Two big coaching mistakes cost us this game.  BB gambled too much earlier in the game going for TD on 4th and 1 that we did not convert.  If we go up 3 scores there, the game is probably over.  MSState players were very dejected and on their heels there.  That empty series gave momentum back to MSState and they got right back into the game.  Then BB was way too conservative at the end - at least take a shot or two downfield.  BA and the receivers were spot on all night and you don't at least give them a shot at a TD?  Unbelievable!   :puke:

I told my DH that not kicking that field goal then would bite us in the butt!

pigmailyen

Quote from: HoGs1031 on November 21, 2015, 09:58:26 pm
People from Wisconsin said he couldn't coach close games. And he proves it once again. We know we don't have a kicker.

Your trolling is transparent.  BEGONE I SAY!

JackTNHogfan

Timeouts are what cost us this game as much as the blocked kick and poor D.  We needed them to use all their timeouts for fear of them driving down the field and scoring on us.  Why do they even have 3 timeouts that late in the game?  I think it's too easy to show a funky formation when we are on Offense and force them to use a timeout on D.  Seems like we are calling several defensive timeouts a game but our opponents don't.  I believe the reasons are two fold; we sub a lot on offense which allows defense to sub and we are predicitible in our formations.  If only they had one less timeout, we might have been more aggressive instead of settling for a field goal. 

Hell who cares, the player whiffed on the block and you know the rest.  It sucks but it happens.  Go Hogs Beat Mizzou!

LZH

We should have taken at least one shot at the end zone before we tried the field goal. And yes, our defense looked pretty damn bad tonight... But, Prescott is one hell of a quarterback.

I will probably bring up the coaching later, but all I can think of right now is how hard those kids fought to get back into that game to give themselves a chance to win it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Speaking of mistakes, did anyone checkout our D tonight?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

AugustaHog

Loser mentality with that call.  If this was the old BA, maybe I get the call, but that was the biggest pansy call I've ever seen.  Even if we had hit it, I fully expected Dak to go right back down field.  For once, play to win the game.  When you get a stud fg kicker and special teams, play for the fg.  Until then show some stones and go for the damn win.  Lord, you would think choking away 6 games the last two years would teach you a dang lesson.  But no, we still tiptoe our way through the key moments of the game and crap the bed.

hog911

Quote from: Auburn on November 21, 2015, 10:09:58 pm
Bielema really wasted that timeout when MSU was about to score.  It wouldn't have changed the game but it could have.  And in close games, that matters, every roll of the dice matters.

Points matter, too.  Go for 7 and if you have to take 3, you take the 3.  You don't set it up to just go for the 3.

Great job by Allen and the receivers and TEs.

How dare you question Bielema and prove everything the fans in Wisconsin said! Jeff Long is the lord and according to the students who have no real life experience you should vote for him for president if the genius Berney Sanders doesn't run! Oh wait!

Rzbakfromwaybak

People from Wisconsin said he couldn't coach close games. And he proves it once again. We know we don't have a kicker.

Good grief.  It wasn't on our kicker.  It was blocked ....because we didn't block their defensive line.  Watch the replay. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

JD Hogg

Quote from: mike_the_geek on November 21, 2015, 09:55:54 pm
Two big coaching mistakes cost us this game.  BB gambled too much earlier in the game going for TD on 4th and 1 that we did not convert.  If we go up 3 scores there, the game is probably over.  MSState players were very dejected and on their heels there.  That empty series gave momentum back to MSState and they got right back into the game.  Then BB was way too conservative at the end - at least take a shot or two downfield.  BA and the receivers were spot on all night and you don't at least give them a shot at a TD?  Unbelievable!   :puke:
Don't understand settling for a field goal there. Even if we make it they still have a good chance to win with the way they were moving the ball. Bad decision by the coach there. At least throw it once for the first or TD.

Kevin

Quote from: Pancetta on November 21, 2015, 10:11:45 pm
You coach expecting your players to do their jobs. #46 does his job and we win the game.

not sure about that, our defense was not stopping them.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DoubleReedHawgCaller

The defense is not great by no means but how can you say they lost the game for us is crazy. They got us 2 turnovers and a 3 and out in the second half. A poor decision on fourth and 1 and that conservative crap at the end cost us the game.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

coolhog

This will be the only chance with coach B we could have finished as high as 2nd and he blew it.   

hogsanity

[/quote

So who were you before you got banned. No way you are really a new poster
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 21, 2015, 10:15:36 pm
Loser mentality with that call.  If this was the old BA, maybe I get the call, but that was the biggest pansy call I've ever seen.  Even if we had hit it, I fully expected Dak to go right back down field.  For once, play to win the game.  When you get a stud fg kicker and special teams, play for the fg.  Until then show some stones and go for the dance win.  Lord, you would think choking away 6 games the last two years would teach you a dang lesson.  But no, we still tiptoe our way through the key moments of the game and crap the bed.

How much difference is there between 7-5 and 8-4?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ForeverHawg

I guess Smith is really earning that big pay raise he got last year.  I just wish I could have confidence that our secondary cared that they miss all these tackles.  26 and 28 don't even appear to try and make the tackle unless they can just throw a shoulder.  They give up their legs every time they come close to a receiver.  Even a high school kid knows to not give up your legs when tackling.  It just pisses me off.  I guess I should stop caring too.  Maybe I would not stay so irritated during football season if I just did not care anymore. 
Born a Hog Fan........
Living as a Hog Fan.........
Will Die as a Hog Fan..............

WPS.  Always and Forever................

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 21, 2015, 10:19:20 pm
How much difference is there between 7-5 and 8-4?

Enough to complain endlessly about if you didn't like the coach in the first place.
This is my non-signature signature.

russdog11

Everyone talking about being too conservative only seems to be talking about the end, was it conservative when we threw it in the end zone on 4th and 1. Thats the only thing I question. I wish we would have tried to run for the first down.

LZH

I would like to take this opportunity to note that there are a lot of people pissed at Bielema because of how the game was called and eventually was lost. And, believe it or not, I am not necessarily one of them. Please note the date, November 21st, 2015.

BassinHawg

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 10:13:45 pm
No...most coaches would have road their hot as hell 7 TD throwing QB who just drove the ball 80 yards..literally....with not one drop or in-completion. Most coaches know when they have a shaky FG unit(that is not just the kicker). I mean we just drove 80 freaking yards then played not to lose. Amazing how anybody can come to any other conclusion.

This!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

apcapri

We shouldn't have to score 52+ to win but we could have. ..our offense was not going to be stopped...until CBB stopped it.

Razorbullet

Quote from: H&D on November 21, 2015, 09:57:25 pm
Where were you the last two weeks? Yeah, that's right, shut up and sit down.

Right here....tonight is all we are talking about where were you.  Oh yeah who cares

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: russdog11 on November 21, 2015, 10:20:42 pm
Everyone talking about being too conservative only seems to be talking about the end, was it conservative when we threw it in the end zone on 4th and 1. Thats the only thing I question. I wish we would have tried to run for the first down.
No. It was the wrong play call.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

VirginiaHog

Quote from: MartinGit on November 21, 2015, 09:53:55 pm
You just threw it from the 10 to MSU's 20 - then you don't even try to score the TD - you rely on your kicker who then gets it blocked to lose the game for the second time - BB - this is all on you!!!!

Wrong

coolhog

Coach B just took us out of the outback bowl and put us in the music city or liberty.
Nice decision making coach.

Prestworthy

So much can go wrong in the field goal game.  Inexperienced kicker, game on the line is a much bigger gamble than a QB who had thrown 7 touchdowns vs a crappy defense.  You give the ball to your QB and let him win.  He has all the confidence in the world.

ForeverHawg

Scored 50 points, only 1 penalty, 7 touchdown passes by your quarterback..........    The defense must stop someone at some point.  We make every quarterback that does not play for LSU look like the next Heisman winner.
Born a Hog Fan........
Living as a Hog Fan.........
Will Die as a Hog Fan..............

WPS.  Always and Forever................

mountainhog

No win situation for the coaches . 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 21, 2015, 09:59:45 pm

Blame the defense all you want but not for them getting turnovers we get beat by at least 2 scores.

If your team scores 50 points in a non-overtime game & you lose......it's because your defense gave up way too many points.   If we hadn't got the turnovers, Miss St. would have probably scored 65-70 points.  That's a basketball game score.  Defense lost this game....it sure wasn't the offense.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

gchamblee

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 21, 2015, 09:59:05 pm
Wasn't the kickers fault. Did you actually watch the game?

no he was too busy trying to log out of his normal account and login his trolling account. he has been waiting weeks for this opportunity lol

TNRazorbacker

MSU was the better team. Without the turnovers we likely lose by 3 TD's.

However, we had a chance to win at the end and the play calling was atrocious. Even if we make that FG State has more than enough time to drive into FG range the way they were moving the ball.

Conversely our O was hot and our QB is having the game of his life. Let him win it for you for godsake. But noop, let's have him hand it off for 3 plays that go nowhere just playing for a FG that doesn't even seal it for us if we do make it. Just a puposeful waste of a series that was your best chance for a win.

rzrbackrob

The only way the Hogs win that game is if they score touchdown on the last series.
After watching that game, which was the Hogs best option:

Trust D to stop Dak with 40 sec left to get within field goal range or pray the D could keep Dak out of end zone somehow.

Good is the enemy of great

LZH

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 21, 2015, 10:37:59 pm
MSU was the better team. Without the turnovers we likely lose by 3 TD's.

Pow!     +1

AugustaHog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2015, 10:20:33 pm
Enough to complain endlessly about if you didn't like the coach in the first place.
I like CBB but I'm not completely blind about the numerous games we have lost at the end under his leadership.  We were gutty as hell all night, until the end.  I don't understand the philosophy.  Our blocking has been poor on FGs/PATs all year.  I long for the days when 45 was a lock with Hocker.

LZH

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 21, 2015, 11:01:42 pm
I long for the days when 45 was a lock with Hocker.

I am sure we all do.

AugustaHog

Remind me which coach is responsible for that???  Pretty sure CBB has that on his plate.  He can't make plays for them, but you can't be shocked when he catches hell for really terrible execution by the players under his immediate watch.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 09:56:38 pm
That is like the 3rd block in the last 4 games. Why would you even settle for a FG attempt with a shaky kicking game? We drove from our 10 to their 12 passing the ball. Then we decide to start going conservative. CBB lost the game. The loss is all on CBB.
Kicking cost us two games last year.
Had an extra point blocked..yes, an extra point...against Alabama and lost 14-13.

Missed a 42-yarder against A&M with two minutes left that would provided a 10-point lead. The kick was so bad it barely hit the field.

Kicking has been bad.

I say it every summer. It's amazing no one ever talks about it, but why not? Kicking wins or loses 2-3 games. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Go ahead and mark it down for next year too, right now.