Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs better have their head in it

Started by chuckinss, November 19, 2015, 01:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jm

We have given up the quick passes all year. If we choose not to cover receivers tight, it may be a long day. They probably won't miss open 5 yard passes to uncovered receivers. Hopefully our coaches have a better game plan than they did against TT.

scruf

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on November 19, 2015, 04:49:03 pm
I hope BA plays a super solid game.  Outgunning both Kelly and Prescott would help his All-SEC campaign a lot.
If the Hogs win out he's going to be the league's top QB.

staffhog

Left brain has many doubts, as usual.  Right brain sees the momentum the team has built as more than a knee jerk.  Our QB will be the best onthe field.  Our Oline has come together as a wrecking force on the run that steadily toughens as the game wears on and a wall on passing downs with little off play.  Our receivers have come to the forefront and notice there are very few catchable balls that get away.  Our running backs are a great combination that is finally able todish it out.  Allthis is against stellar SEC defenses.

Our Dline is becoming very active on pass pressure and is murder against the run.  The LBs have been more than adequate and are improving over the middle.   The secondary isat its best allyear and isactually turnig their heads every now and then.

DJ and Dominique can hurt you real quick.  So my right brain feels real good maybe a little cocky.

I think our game plus the weather will be lethal for the Belldogs.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: returntoglory on November 19, 2015, 01:13:04 pm
I hope they aren't taking it as easily as our fan base is. I've seen very little concern about how good MSU is. They aren't world beaters but they have one of the best qb's in the league. We better show up or the haters will have something to crow about on Saturday night.

This.
GO HOGS!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: staffhog on November 19, 2015, 05:10:38 pm
Left brain has many doubts, as usual.  Right brain sees the momentum the team has built as more than a knee jerk.  Our QB will be the best onthe field.  Our Oline has come together as a wrecking force on the run that steadily toughens as the game wears on and a wall on passing downs with little off play.  Our receivers have come to the forefront and notice there are very few catchable balls that get away.  Our running backs are a great combination that is finally able todish it out.  Allthis is against stellar SEC defenses.

Our Dline is becoming very active on pass pressure and is murder against the run.  The LBs have been more than adequate and are improving over the middle.   The secondary isat its best allyear and isactually turnig their heads every now and then.

DJ and Dominique can hurt you real quick.  So my right brain feels real good maybe a little cocky.

I think our game plus the weather will be lethal for the Belldogs.

Why am I blanking on who "DJ" is?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: gopigs on November 19, 2015, 02:50:06 pm
OTR addressed the weather this morning, locked the thread, and swallowed the key. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to hear anymore about it from you, Weather Dan, or G Lewis.

Correct.  Locked and swallered the key.  Why anyone would bring up weather again is beyond my 9th grade education level of comprehension.  I'm keeping a eye peeled on people who are being redundant and also a peeled on people who are repeating what's already been said.

All a feller needs for Saturday night are insulated boots, zip to the hip cover hauls, a ski mask and a little flask of whiskey.  If you ain't tough enough to stand a little cold stay home and root for the hogs by the fireplace with granny hog.

code red

Quote from: scruf on November 19, 2015, 04:44:39 pm
MSU's schedule is a farce. Before playing Alabama they played Troy (3-7), La. Tech (7-3), Kentucky (4-6), and Missouri (5-5). They've been tested once in the last 5 games and they failed miserably. They are fading. Hogs are rising. It won't be close.
I am not overlooking or making light of the Bulldogs but....I agree with this post.  The Oline for MState is weak.  Dak will be sacked.  We will be able to run football....AU, Bama, Missouri, LSU all with over 200 yards rushing.  I just don't see how they keep it close. 41-6 HOGS.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Country Stylz

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on November 19, 2015, 01:11:11 pm
Crickets.
You posted "crickets" less than 2 minutes after the original post. Don't run to the board just to post "crickets". It makes you look stupid. Not enough time had passed for "crickets" to occur. But at least you thought you looked cool on the internets. "Congrats".

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Country Stylz on November 20, 2015, 05:23:01 pm
You posted "crickets" less than 2 minutes after the original post. Don't run to the board just to post "crickets". It makes you look stupid. Not enough time had passed for "crickets" to occur. But at least you thought you looked cool on the internets. "Congrats".

POW!  Nominee for sourpuss post of the year! 

PonderinHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 20, 2015, 10:55:10 am
Why am I blanking on who "DJ" is?
Drew Morgan?  M and J are close on the keyboard.  Or DJ Dean ???  Who knows?

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

Quote from: code red on November 19, 2015, 02:36:27 pm
Weather will be a huge factor for us.  Hi 41 that day with wind at night 15-20 out of the NNW.  Love it.  Makes me feel all warm inside.
At KO the wind will be about 4
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Bacons Rebellion

I was feeling pretty good until within the space of 30 seconds, we were picked to win by Desmond Howard, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Booger McFarland, Paul Finebaum, and a bunch of other folks I didn't know with NO one picking Mississippi State. A feeling of doom started overtaking me.

Razorbackers

Quote from: chuckinss on November 19, 2015, 01:09:20 pm
I have a bad feeling about this game.  I hope I am wrong!!  I felt all last week that we were going to beat LSU, but, this week I do not have that same feeling.  I'm afraid we may not be as hungry for this game.  Now, I have NO WAY of knowing if that is how the team feels, so, I probably shouldn't be saying anything....ha ha!  But, we've been here before and I can't count the times the team has come out flat as a pancake!!   Come on, Hogs.....prove me wrong!!

Next week we will face a team playing for their departing coach.  Two tough, but, winnable games.

8-4 sure would be nice!

WPS!

Agree 100% here. Fans have REALLY downplayed how good Dak is. I feel like the team suffered from the Big Head earlier in the season and it cost them. I do have faith that the coaches and seniors on the team can keep it together, though.

Reading in here how no doubt we'll be ready, come to play, rebounded from 1-3, etc..  If we'd come to play, were ready to play and coach had us ready to start the season, we would not have started 1-3.

Unfortunately, we weren't ready to play, more mentally unready than physically unready at the start of the season.  We have a history of getting the big head and f---ing up just when everyone thinks that finally we are what we can be.

We should win this game and very well may do so.  If staff and players are READY, our best will beat their best.  Honestly, we Hogvillers are clueless what side of our team and staff will show up on the field today. 

Torqued pork

We're taking the night off. The sound you here is Prescott's passes whistling by our defender's heads.

Snouty

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 21, 2015, 12:12:06 pm
I was feeling pretty good until within the space of 30 seconds, we were picked to win by Desmond Howard, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Booger McFarland, Paul Finebaum, and a bunch of other folks I didn't know with NO one picking Mississippi State. A feeling of doom started overtaking me.

You must be psychic!

pigture perfect

Offensively we did. Our defense whowever, was offensive and not in a good way.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jkstock04

Quote from: jm on November 19, 2015, 04:52:43 pm
We have given up the quick passes all year. If we choose not to cover receivers tight, it may be a long day. They probably won't miss open 5 yard passes to uncovered receivers. Hopefully our coaches have a better game plan than they did against TT.
This guy sounds like a prophet.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dr. Starcs

Well this thread quietened down.

Op was ridiculed and turns out was spot on.

KlubhouseKonnected

My fear that a lack of pressure would result in a coin toss shoot out was unfortunately all too well founded.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.