Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome 2018 Hogs!

Started by BadHog, November 08, 2017, 09:34:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/hoop-hogs-sign-all-6-commits-on-1st-day-of-early-signing-period/

Isaiah Joe, Ft Smith Northside
Ethan Henderson, Little Rock Parkview
Desi Sills, Jonesboro, AR
Keyshawn Embery, IMG Academy, FL and Midwest City HS, OK
Jordan Phillips, Grace Prep, Arlington TX
Reggie Chaney, Findlay Prep by way of Frisco, TX and RM5 Elite (Nike EYBL)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hawgball40

Good class. Flying right under the radar but packed with solid contributors. I think we'll be pretty good in the years to come.

BentonvilleJeff

Excited about all 6 of them. Together, they may take us back to being elite again.

BadHog

Quote from: BentonvilleJeff on November 08, 2017, 09:40:41 pm
Excited about all 6 of them. Together, they may take us back to being elite again.

Here's hoping! WPS!

Hogs49ers

I am curious, did Perry sign in the early signing period?
SCREW Vandy!

BadHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 08, 2017, 09:51:00 pm

He was a verbal commit, last August. Decommit came after a the Adidas' Gauntlet Finale this past July.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: BadHog on November 08, 2017, 09:55:20 pm
He was a verbal commit, last August. Decommit came after a the Adidas' Gauntlet Finale

I meant did he sign with Miss St. today?
SCREW Vandy!

BadHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 08, 2017, 09:58:36 pm
I meant did he sign with Miss St. today?

Yes he did. (Biting my tongue not to elaborate further...want this thread to be about our kids)

TheRazorback500

Welcome to all the new Hogs. Lots of length and athleticism in the class. UA roundball is trending upward.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

HardingHog

I'm really excited about this class! This is a major foundation type of class. With 6 high schoolers, it's a huge freshman class and with no "superstars" I see everyone staying at least 2 years (barring transfer). Also, this class is very well balanced with 2 combo guards, 2 wings, and 2 bigs. I hope all these kids stick around and I'm very excited to see them all develop over the next couple years and lead us through some NCAA tournament runs

1highhog

I'm very excited in the signing of this class, welcome aboard guys.

Razorod

I feel good about this class.

Most needed--Chaney, no one like him on the roster and need someone to be able to provide a bit of muscle
Most ready to contribute--Embery, I think he'll get major minutes and possibly start as a freshmen
Highest ceiling--toss-up between Phillips and Henderson, both have aspects of their bodies or game that need developing, but lots of potential with both of them
Most underrated--gotta be Joe, may well turn out to be the best shooter (or at least among the top three) in this class, like his bb IQ as well
Best defender--Sills, will be interesting to see how Sills' role on the team develops, but do like his attitude and energy.

I really like the fact that our wings will be much taller--Hall, Jones, Phillips and even Joe. All 6-4 and up. We haven't had quantity and quality depth with players on the wing this tall and skilled for quite some time. Should allow Anderson to attack much better, produce turnovers and get in transition where we cold be lethal.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

CPO Hog

The Pig Trail News (Hogville.net Home) states that the HOGS signed the #1 players (247) in 3 different states.
Henderson #1 Arkansas
Embery #1 Oklahoma
Chaney #1 Texas

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogs49ers on November 08, 2017, 09:51:00 pm

SELLOUT

BigSexyHog

Quote from: CPO Hog on November 09, 2017, 07:50:52 am
The Pig Trail News (Hogville.net Home) states that the HOGS signed the #1 players (247) in 3 different states.
Henderson #1 Arkansas
Embery #1 Oklahoma
Chaney #1 Texas

That's pretty cool.   Should be a good group.  Excited about the upcoming seasons.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Hogs49ers

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 09, 2017, 08:19:24 am
SELLOUT

Haha!  Actually I am super excited about who we doing coming here to play at Arkansas, and that is the absolute last time I am going to even think about him until the week leading up before we play Mississippi State, hoping we absolutely crush him.
SCREW Vandy!

Atlhogfan1

Henderson #1 Arkansas
Embery #1 Oklahoma
Chaney #1 Texas

They have Chaney ranked in Nevada.  Little bit of a difference vs where he would fall in Texas. 

Embery is one of 3 players ranked in Oklahoma (4 in the composite).  The others signed with Seattle and Stetson.

Good class. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 09, 2017, 10:44:35 am
They have Chaney ranked in Nevada.  Little bit of a difference vs where he would fall in Texas. 

Embery is one of 3 players ranked in Oklahoma (4 in the composite).  The others signed with Seattle and Stetson.

Good class.
theres always a Debbie downer
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BadHog

MountieDawg

Henderson #1 Arkansas
Embery #1 Oklahoma
Chaney #1 Texas

Quentin Grimes from the Woodlands TX is ranked 13th in the USA.
Gerald Liddell  from the Cibolo TX is ranked 40th in the USA.
There are 3 more from Texas in the ESPN Top 100...

Not sure who is ranking Chaney #1 or is it just propaganda Fake News...

SEC!

The_Iceman

Jordan Phillips had 17-14-7 last night.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 10, 2017, 06:09:48 am
Jordan Phillips had 17-14-7 last night.

Nice stat line. We need a stickied thread that gives the stats of all 6 of our bball commits and updates them game by game like there is for Hogs football commits.

I would love to be able to follow all of them throughout the season.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Little Lady Back

Very good class and very good recruiting from CMA and staff! There is a lot of talent in this class and I am very encouraged and excited for future Hawgball!! WPS
#NolanRichardsonCourt

The_Iceman

Chaney last night: 26pts, 13rebs, 5asts, 4blks.

hawgball40

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 10, 2017, 05:07:25 am

So are you banned from the UK forums or what? Just trying to figure out why you spend so much time on Arkansas forums when ur a wildcat fan

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 10, 2017, 05:07:25 am

Already explained. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Razorod on November 09, 2017, 06:04:55 am
I feel good about this class.

Most needed--Chaney, no one like him on the roster and need someone to be able to provide a bit of muscle
Most ready to contribute--Embery, I think he'll get major minutes and possibly start as a freshmen
Highest ceiling--toss-up between Phillips and Henderson, both have aspects of their bodies or game that need developing, but lots of potential with both of them
Most underrated--gotta be Joe, may well turn out to be the best shooter (or at least among the top three) in this class, like his bb IQ as well
Best defender--Sills, will be interesting to see how Sills' role on the team develops, but do like his attitude and energy.

I really like the fact that our wings will be much taller--Hall, Jones, Phillips and even Joe. All 6-4 and up. We haven't had quantity and quality depth with players on the wing this tall and skilled for quite some time. Should allow Anderson to attack much better, produce turnovers and get in transition where we cold be lethal.

Good summation. This class checks a lot of boxes for CMA's preferred style of play. Blends nicely with the 2017 class as well, especially if Garland gets the green light. We will have 3 years of the 2017 and 2018 class playing together with the possible exception of Gafford. These two classes could end up becoming the foundation of the best team CMA has had in his entire career.
Hogs up! Covid down!

AFWarrior83

Basketball program seems to continue trending upward. Welcome all new Hogs!
Hogville member since 2005.