Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about finding a ride/chartering a plane.

Started by AllHog90, November 17, 2013, 11:33:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AllHog90

I have a few questions for you pilot-types or those with knowledge:

I was thinking today about how cool it would be if I could get in the air to take some pictures (not the Google Earth type) of my dad's new lodge he built, get some shots of the farm, and possibly just some other Delta scenery from above and put them together for him as a christmas gift. This would all be happening around Stuttgart-Dewitt area.

What would be my best option to do this?
Should I just start asking around and see if I can find someone local to take me up?
Could I charter a small plane out of Little Rock without breaking the bank?
Am I dreaming outside of the realm of possibility?

GusMcRae

Go out to local airport and talk around the terminal.  Offer to pay for someone's fuel to fly you around.  Depending on the plane, you may have to take the pictures through a window.  Will probably have to pay the big bucks to have it done or to find a plane that has a camera hole. 
Best bet would be to have a buddy with a license to fly you around, help him out with the fuel.
Private Pilot with no commercial rating can't legally charge you, but can accept pro-rata share of fuel, plane rent, oil, etc...

You might also look for a card on the bulletin board at the local airport terminal for someone in the aerial photography business.  It might not be that expensive if they can work your request in with several others.   
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?

Flying Razorback

I'd go start by visiting the FBO at Stuttgart Municipal and talk to the guys that hang around there.  Someone might have a Commercial license that would be willing to allow you to pay them.  Or just a local pilot that would be happy to split the gas with you while they do some local area work.  If it fails there then I'd head down to Central Aviation at Little Rock National and talk to some folks there.  It's a much bigger operation and they'll be able to hook you up with someone.  You should be able to do it pretty easily and have a lot of fun.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

AllHog90

gotyacovered

Quote from: AllHog90 on November 17, 2013, 11:33:51 pm
What would be my best option to do this?
Should I just start asking around and see if I can find someone local to take me up?
Could I charter a small plane out of Little Rock without breaking the bank?
Am I dreaming outside of the realm of possibility?

all has pretty much been addressed. as a coincidence i am going to the stutgart area on a scouting trip and would be willing to work something out. PM if interested. this trip will either be tomorrow or  thursday....
You are what you tolerate.