Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would like to Ride on Top of a Bi-Plane. Any takers

Started by 99toLife, June 09, 2012, 10:57:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

I have always wanted to ride on the top of a Bi-plane anyone out there have a connection to make this happen.

Flying Razorback

I have always wanted to fly a biplane, but I don't think I could ever convince myself to stand on a wing or anywhere besides sitting in the cockpit.  So that's no help for you, but I do love biplanes.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

99toLife

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on June 09, 2012, 12:18:55 pm
I have always wanted to fly a biplane, but I don't think I could ever convince myself to stand on a wing or anywhere besides sitting in the cockpit.  So that's no help for you, but I do love biplanes.

I have flown in one before but I have this crazy thing about riding on the top wing. I hope I can find somene that can make it happen.

Thanks for responding and if you here about anyone let me know.

gotyacovered

Quote from: 99toLife on June 09, 2012, 01:22:07 pm
I have flown in one before but I have this crazy thing about riding on the top wing. I hope I can find somene that can make it happen.

As long as you are willing to pay, and travel to where its done... I think its possible. I have heard of an outfit, I think in Arizona, that does it. Its not your typical $500 pay for the thrill type of airplane ride though, I am sure there is training and such.

You could always find a bugsmasher that flys an ag cat and a ratchet strap, as long as you don't mind a couple hundred feet agl (max) they may not even charge ;D
You are what you tolerate.

Sueie

Quote from: 99toLife on June 09, 2012, 01:22:07 pm

PLEASE seek counseling for your "unique condition".  ;D
Would you do it with a parachute or without?

pigture perfect

I've always wanted to fly in a bi-plane too. Not on the top wing though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

99toLife

This is what I would like to do, No wing Walking crazy stuff, just a fun ride.

gotyacovered

here you go: http://www.westcoastspindoctors.com/wing_walking.html

and it looks like the package is $850... cheaper than i thought... i dont think you will find any outfits out there that would just let you ride... to get the experience you will probably have to go the wing walking training route...

i would rather pay the $350/hour and get the spin training in that stearman. that would be sweet, my budget would call for the Citabria tho...

99toLife

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 11, 2012, 10:56:48 am
here you go: http://www.westcoastspindoctors.com/wing_walking.html

and it looks like the package is $850... cheaper than i thought... i dont think you will find any outfits out there that would just let you ride... to get the experience you will probably have to go the wing walking training route...

i would rather pay the $350/hour and get the spin training in that stearman. that would be sweet, my budget would call for the Citabria tho...

Thanks for the info, this is a great starting point.  I knew you Flying Hog guys would steer me in the right direction...

gotyacovered

Quote from: 99toLife on June 11, 2012, 11:02:40 am
Thanks for the info, this is a great starting point.  I knew you Flying Hog guys would steer me in the right direction...

no problem, if you ever want to hang off my wing strut just let me know  ;)

99toLife

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 11, 2012, 11:06:29 am

Thanks, but let me see if I can get this thing to happen first, but I appreciate the invite!  ;)

bvillepig

Quote from: gotyacovered on June 11, 2012, 11:06:29 am
Reminds me of the story I heard from a crop duster back when we were playing softball all over the country.

I don't remember how it came up but one of his buddies decided he wanted to stand on the wing of a crop duster and they fly over the Mississippi River. That wasn't good enough so a group put some money up and dared him to jump off the wing into a chute off the river. He pulled it off and collected if the story is true. Knowing Teddy he would have tried it but I still doubt it.

99toLife

June 11, 2012, 07:40:23 pm #12 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:34:16 pm by gotyacovered
Quote from: bvillepig on June 11, 2012, 07:33:10 pm
Reminds me of the story I heard from a crop duster back when we were playing softball all over the country.

I don't remember how it came up but one of his buddies decided he wanted to stand on the wing of a crop duster and they fly over the Mississippi River. That wasn't good enough so a group put some money up and dared him to jump off the wing into a chute off the river. He pulled it off and collected if the story is true. Knowing Teddy he would have tried it but I still doubt it.

Now that is crazy, I just want to ride on top.  I have talked to a couple of places both are on the west coast...I keep telling them I DON"T want to go from the seat to the top of the wing while we are flying... I'M 50 with a Bad arm from a Motorcyle wreck ( NO BP jokes I was really alone )..  My wife is not happy but said I can't stop you... gotta love her.