Previous topic - Next topic

bvillepig

March 19, 2012, 04:25:51 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:27:28 pm by bvillepig
Thought this is a pretty nice web site.

http://www.flyincalendar.com/

Also :

Anyone planning on going to Sun N Fun ?

Flying Razorback

We're sending a T-6 there this year, had a T-1 scheduled for there last year but were flying when the tornado hit and diverted.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

gotyacovered

i am going to go at some point, but i doubt its this year... you ever been?
You are what you tolerate.

bvillepig

Quote from: gotyacovered on March 20, 2012, 08:27:52 am
i am going to go at some point, but i doubt its this year... you ever been?

My two Bville 182 buddies and myself normally go. We missed last year which was a good one to miss because of the tornado.

We like to fly into KTPF (Peter O Knight)  in Tampa and drive over .

If my wife goes we just drop her off at the hotel and go . She much prefers Tampa to the show. I can't quite understand that but I guess the water,sand and the Galleria near the hotel do more for her than airplanes.

It is a fantastic show and a great time.

gotyacovered

i no doubt will go at some point...

my cousins and uncle fly to oshkosh every year and i am going to join them this year. they usually meet somewhere and all hop in one plane... hope its my uncle Georges turn to fly... he is the one with the lance air evolution www.lancairleasing.com

gotyacovered

Quote from: bvillepig on March 20, 2012, 09:16:37 am
My two Bville 182 buddies and myself normally go. We missed last year which was a good one to miss because of the tornado.

We like to fly into KTPF (Peter O Knight)  in Tampa and drive over .

If my wife goes we just drop her off at the hotel and go . She much prefers Tampa to the show. I can't quite understand that but I guess the water,sand and the Galleria near the hotel do more for her than airplanes.

It is a fantastic show and a great time.

hey bville - meant to ask you in the last post: i saw a nice looking toga at KFYV last wed ~6:30... that wasnt you was it?

watched it take off, sucka looked pretty fast.

bvillepig

No .

I went into KLIT Friday and then to KROG Saturday and back to KLIT for a wedding. 

The heck of it was I had to wait on the thunderstorms that got between me and LIT on Friday morning. I got up at 4 in the morning to slip out before it arrived and waited about 15 minutes to long. Once the line slipped south there was no way out. 

Missed a golf tourney I was supposed to play in. 

bvillepig

Quote from: gotyacovered on March 20, 2012, 09:50:08 am
i no doubt will go at some point...

my cousins and uncle fly to Oshkosh every year and i am going to join them this year. they usually meet somewhere and all hop in one plane... hope its my uncle Georges turn to fly... he is the one with the lance air evolution www.lancairleasing.com
That would be a nice ride up !!

We enjoyed the heck out of Oshkosh the one year we went. The only minor, minor issue was the three of us piled into the 182 and flew the 3 hours (ha ha) instead of the 2:20 in the Toga.

We flew into Waupaca just north of Oshkosh and drove down. It was a great choice. Found a great restaurant out in the woods right on a lake.

fdx flyer

March 21, 2012, 08:26:47 am #8 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:31:12 am by gotyacovered
I've been to SnF four or five times.  It's been about three years since I've been though.  No plans for going this year either.  I do plan on going to Oshkosh though.