Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Quadrant 1 victories

Started by jbt, February 17, 2018, 12:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbt

This site goes over what the committee looks at.  There is a lot we can improve on over the next several games or crash and burn.   It will be interesting.  http://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi/Stats%20Library/Feb.%203,%202018%20Team%20Sheets.pdf
Hogs on page 40 (RPI) of the list. 

Breems

OU sucks now. That team has real issues. Lost 8 of their last 10, including a home loss today against 16-1/5-8 Texas. Sucks because they were our signature win away from home.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TNhawgfan

No one knew when we came back to beat the vols how big that would be
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

rljjr

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 17, 2018, 01:23:44 pm
No one knew when we came back to beat the vols how big that would be

HUGE.

hawgball40

man that just reminds me how terrible we've been this year. absolutely embarrassing. we should expect better from this team. no more excuses. sorry to beat a dead horses but seeing those lopsided defeats on the road makes us look like darn tbh. we're 3-7 in quadrant 1. lucky if we make the tournament, we're the last of the sec teams at the moment. i don't think people realize that. this is pathetic. absolutely horrible midseason collapse by this team. we must win out

RaisinHog

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 01:54:57 pm
man that just reminds me how terrible we've been this year. absolutely embarrassing. we should expect better from this team. no more excuses. sorry to beat a dead horses but seeing those lopsided defeats on the road makes us look like darn tbh. we're 3-7 in quadrant 1. lucky if we make the tournament, we're the last of the sec teams at the moment. i don't think people realize that. this is pathetic. absolutely horrible midseason collapse by this team. we must win out

Your an idiot

Leadbelly

"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Hog_Fink

we should make the tourney but hes not wrong about the mid-season collapse.
the Houston and LSU loss are puzzling. Anderson clearly had some serious issues with chemistry

hawgball40

Quote from: galactivation on February 17, 2018, 02:12:40 pm
we should make the tourney but hes not wrong about the mid-season collapse.
the Houston and LSU loss are puzzling. Anderson clearly had some serious issues with chemistry
We are currently as a 10 seed, and the last team from the SEC in. its no guarantee at all we will make it in, especially once all the AQ bids come in. we may very well wind up on the wrong side of the bubble, along with kentucy and a&m.

I don't really think Mike is the problem. The talent is there, but the team ball and team defense hasn't been. to me it seems like too many chiefs not enough indians type of situation. Barford and Macon wanna get theirs and that fosters that type of selfish culture on the team. I could be wrong but thats the way i see it.

hawgball40

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 02:19:19 pm

I don't really think Mike is the problem.

Problems are the same every year, Anderson is the only constant.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

farmhawg

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 02:20:03 pm
Hey, ya'll periods in sync or what. you can get a tampon to then
Unfortunately, your momma missed hers.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jbt

hawgball40

Quote from: farmhawg on February 17, 2018, 03:16:19 pm
Unfortunately, your momma missed hers.....
I get it, some of you people just can't handle the truth. It just drives you absolutely livid that another razorback fan can see things objectively. And that's absolutely ok. But to call me names and act like a child because you disagree, that's pretty classless behavior.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:24:14 pm
I get it, some of you people just can't handle the truth. It just drives you absolutely livid that another razorback fan can see things objectively. And that's absolutely ok. But to call me names and act like a child because you disagree, that's pretty classless behavior.

I'll say this with class:  there is nothing objective about what you are saying.

Hog_Fink

Warren Nolan has us at 5-6 vs quadrant 1
Kentucky will be a big game.
if we stay hot & get back to playing good Ball I dont see why we can't make a run. JUST PLEASE DON'T BE AN 8 OR 9

mykidsdad

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:24:14 pm
I get it, some of you people just can't handle the truth. It just drives you absolutely livid that another razorback fan can see things subjectively. And that's absolutely ok. But to call me names and act like a child because you disagree, that's pretty classless behavior.

There fixed it for you. Easy mistake, many people dont know the difference.

hawgball40

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 05:33:42 pm
There fixed it for you. Easy mistake, many people dont know the difference.
my opinion is based on our resume though, how is that subjective? your reply is what is subjective, because its based on your emotions.... check mate bia

hawgball40

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 05:27:02 pm
I'll say this with class:  there is nothing objective about what you are saying.
how so? is it not based on our resume? is it not pathetic to be blown out at home by middling LSU? Did we not collapse midseason? Hmm, which part of my post wasn't objective? Can you also say that with class?

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:40:22 pm
how so? is it not based on our resume? is it not pathetic to be blown out at home by middling LSU? Did we not collapse midseason? Hmm, which part of my post wasn't objective? Can you also say that with class?

That we are the last team in.  If you actually look at the resumes, ours is about 3rd in the SEC right now.  That we are horrible.  Not realizing that almost ALL teams in the country hit a slump at some point in the year.  Almost ALL teams have a few losses they shouldn't.

Nolan's Boots

5 quadrant 1 victories. If that's what they are looking at primarily this season id say we're looking pretty good.
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

mykidsdad

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:39:50 pm
my opinion is based on our resume though, how is that subjective? your reply is what is subjective, because its based on your emotions.... check mate bia

Because you are judging something in mid season, and by definition it is subjective. You fail to understand that Nolan's teams as well as Mike's teams always have this pattern. They start well, play mediocre in early Jan or Feb, then finish strong. They build for the tourney.

They do this by playing a deep bench. It keeps their legs fresh and gets experience to others so that when march arrives (end of season), they are more prepared and have fresher legs.

You are not objective, because you have an obvious bias and let that effect any of your perceived objectiveness. That is ok, it is your right. However just because you are biased with your assessment and you don't understand things fully, please don't expect those of us who do to agree.

hawgball40

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 05:46:16 pm
That we are the last team in.  If you actually look at the resumes, ours is about 3rd in the SEC right now.  That we are horrible.  Not realizing that almost ALL teams in the country hit a slump at some point in the year.  Almost ALL teams have a few losses they shouldn't.
you said none of my post was objective, now i see you've changed that to some. Yes, the statement that our performance was pathetic and horrible is subjective, but it is still based on objective evidence. midseason implosion, 2 losses to lsu and an implosion @ MSU. 30 point drubbing by Houston. All pathetic, by most definitions.

And, to refute your point about our resume, we are the last team in out of the SEC according to pretty much everyone, I mean the SEC Network has been showing the graphic all week, and even today's announcers mentioned it we were the last SEC team in. the reason is that the good of our resume is basically offset by our midseason implosion. losses to mississippi st, and lsu really hurt us. Prior to todays victory over A&M we were 3-7 in quadrant 1 wins and our most recent wins were against the two worst teams in our conference. This win makes us look good now, but if we would have loss we would have been in bad shape, which the announcers also mentioned today.

hawgball40

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 05:57:35 pm
Because you are judging something in mid season, and by definition it is subjective. You fail to understand that Nolan's teams as well as Mike's teams always have this pattern. They start well, play mediocre in early Jan or Feb, then finish strong. They build for the tourney.

They do this by playing a deep bench. It keeps their legs fresh and gets experience to others so that when march arrives (end of season), they are more prepared and have fresher legs.

You are not objective, because you have an obvious bias and let that effect any of your perceived objectiveness. That is ok, it is your right. However just because you are biased with your assessment and you don't understand things fully, please don't expect those of us who do to agree.
You strung together some sentences, but the logic supporting your conclusion is shaky at best. Judging something midseason makes it subjective? That is not what subjective means. You go on to make a pointless anecdote, then you follow it up by using an ad hominem attack saying that i am not objective because i have "an obvious bias". YOu then pat yourself on the back as if you are right, without providing any proof, which is a logical fallacy known as "argument from authority". class dismissed.

hawgball40

Quote from: Hampagne Life on February 17, 2018, 05:52:13 pm
5 quadrant 1 victories. If that's what they are looking at primarily this season id say we're looking pretty good.
curious who from our schedule moved up into q1? the link posted this morning said we were 3-7. so today's win would make us 4-7 unless someone else moved into q1.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 06:04:33 pm
curious who from our schedule moved up into q1? the link posted this morning said we were 3-7. so today's win would make us 4-7 unless someone else moved into q1.

not sure, but Warren Nolan has us at 5-6 & 25rpi

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:58:57 pm
you said none of my post was objective, now i see you've changed that to some. Yes, the statement that our performance was pathetic and horrible is subjective, but it is still based on objective evidence. midseason implosion, 2 losses to lsu and an implosion @ MSU. 30 point drubbing by Houston. All pathetic, by most definitions.

And, to refute your point about our resume, we are the last team in out of the SEC according to pretty much everyone, I mean the SEC Network has been showing the graphic all week, and even today's announcers mentioned it we were the last SEC team in. the reason is that the good of our resume is basically offset by our midseason implosion. losses to mississippi st, and lsu really hurt us. Prior to todays victory over A&M we were 3-7 in quadrant 1 wins and our most recent wins were against the two worst teams in our conference. This win makes us look good now, but if we would have loss we would have been in bad shape, which the announcers also mentioned today.

Here are the teams from the SEC, using WarrenNolan, just because it is already updated (not including Auburn and Tennessee, everyone agrees they are locks) ...

Arkansas 19-8, 25 RPI
Florida  17-10, 63 RPI
A&M  17-10, 20 RPI
Kentucky  18-9, 17 RPI
Missouri  18-9, 27 RPI
Alabama  17-10, 34 RPI

Now, Mr. Objectivity, tell me how Arkansas is is the last SEC team in.  Bad losses or midseason implosion?  Florida lost 4 of 5 at one point, including a loss to Loyola-Illinois. A&M lost 7 of 9 at one point.  Kentucky just lost 4 in a row.  Missouri lost 6 of 9 in the middle of the season.  Alabama  lost 7 of 10 at one point this season, including losses to UCF, Vanderbilt and Georgia.

Again, objectively, tell me we are last in.

And while you are going to try to say that this is after today, it was pretty similar before today.

Edit:  To correct Arkansas RPI

Hog_Fink

I dont understand how we were ever last sec team in......

USChog

Quote from: galactivation on February 17, 2018, 06:24:06 pm
I dont understand how we were ever last sec team in......

Me either, but I'm just an arm chair analyist.

Nolan's Boots

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 06:04:33 pm

Oklahoma, Tenner,  Mizzou, Georgia, and Texas a&m. Georgia was a top 75 road win.
Pigs Gon Fly Today Brotha

k.c.hawg

February 17, 2018, 10:42:19 pm #32 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:21:38 am by k.c.hawg
Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 01:54:57 pm

Pathetic post. We are 4-7 now and that is representative. 11 Quadrqant 1 games puts us right there with the top 5 or 6 teams in number of games played against stiff competition. Several teams above us in that particular rpi have 2 to 4 quadrant 1 games.....so much for playing a tough schedule.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hogfan10

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 06:16:09 pm
Here are the teams from the SEC, using WarrenNolan, just because it is already updated (not including Auburn and Tennessee, everyone agrees they are locks) ...

Arkansas 19-8, 25 RPI
Florida  17-10, 63 RPI
A&M  17-10, 20 RPI
Kentucky  18-9, 17 RPI
Missouri  18-9, 27 RPI
Alabama  17-10, 34 RPI

Now, Mr. Objectivity, tell me how Arkansas is is the last SEC team in.  Bad losses or midseason implosion?  Florida lost 4 of 5 at one point, including a loss to Loyola-Illinois. A&M lost 7 of 9 at one point.  Kentucky just lost 4 in a row.  Missouri lost 6 of 9 in the middle of the season.  Alabama  lost 7 of 10 at one point this season, including losses to UCF, Vanderbilt and Georgia.

Again, objectively, tell me we are last in.

And while you are going to try to say that this is after today, it was pretty similar before today.

Edit:  To correct Arkansas RPI

We SHOULD be somewhere from the 3rd to 5th sec team in, but the graphic today, and all week clearly showed us as the 10th  team in from the sec. And, that was with several of the teams listed ahead of us currently slumping. Just released lunardi projections has us as the 5th most likely to get in, but also has us as the worst seed, at 9.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 17, 2018, 11:18:14 pm
We SHOULD be somewhere from the 3rd to 5th sec team in, but the graphic today, and all week clearly showed us as the 10th  team in from the sec. And, that was with several of the teams listed ahead of us currently slumping. Just released lunardi projections has us as the 5th most likely to get in, but also has us as the worst seed, at 9.
yep Dari and Pat were confused about it also, I think Lunardi just doesn't care anymore and just puts teams, it's a shame
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 17, 2018, 11:18:14 pm
Just released lunardi projections has us as the 5th most likely to get in, but also has us as the worst seed, at 9.

Where do you see this?

hogfan10

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 11:19:52 pm
yep Dari and Pat were confused about it also, I think Lunardi just doesn't care anymore and just puts teams, it's a shame

Along with rankings it really makes no sense. It took Kentucky losing 3 in a row drop out of the bottom of the top 25, they lost a 4th b/4 winning today; they'll probably re-enter top 25 this week. OU has lost 7/10 and is currently ranked 21.

hogfan10

Randohoggie

hogfan10

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hogfan10 on February 17, 2018, 11:30:26 pm
No problem, had us at 89% chance of getting in.
Barring a total collapse of the heart, we are gonna make it in.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hog_Fink

well I guess the next 4 games give us a lot of room to improve seeding? I wonder how much

TebowHater

Every single quadrant 1 loss was on the road. Wow.

Only have had the chance to play ONE quad one game at home, and won. Now 2 and won both after TAMU.

TNhawgfan

Lunardi doesn't seed the big dance. Don't worry about it. He does a good job predicting the field, but not their ranking. We'll be fine
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

k.c.hawg

ARKANSAS (RPI: 30, KenPom: 44, NBC seed: 9): The Razorbacks landed their fifth Quadrant 1 win of the season. They are now 19-8 on the year and have just one loss outside of Quadrant 1. At this point, Arkansas is going to be moved off of the bubble for us. They're in if they don't do anything stupid the rest of the way.

There are only 11 teams with more than 5 Quadrant 1 wins. There are another 6 teams with 5 Quadrant 1 wins that have less than our 7 Quadrant 1 losses. Hogs are looking extremely strong in what is being stated as one of the most important criteria by the committee. All 4 remaining games will fall in Quadrant 1 with 2 being road games. While we face a very difficult closing schedule, it also eliminates the possibility of getting a really nast loss on our resume. If we go get a couple of wins in these last 4 we will have put ouselves in the conversation for a 7 maybe even a 6 depending on who we beat. Anything more than 2 wins and I think we are secure as a 6 or 7.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.