Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL BELK BOWL GAME THREAD (ARKANSAS/VIRGINIA TECH) ALL POSTS GO HERE

Started by marty houston, December 29, 2016, 02:07:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hoglady

My girlfriend in Dallas called during the first half - raving about how well Arkansas was doing.
I told her to wait until the 2nd half.
Her husband called the 2nd half wanting to know what in the heck was wrong with the Arkansas coaching staff that they can't be ready for halftime adjustments by the other team. (He played college ball at SMU during their good years.)
They aren't Arkansas fans, but watch the Hogs because I am - and are just amazed at the second half collapses.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SquidBilly

Wonder if any of the Va Tech players pulled a Larry Johnson and told Bielema to go get some men.  We are soft.  I'm sorry but if our Oline can't find a mean streak we'll never win.  How can you be as big as these guys are and continually get whipped?  Our QB folds up like a cheap tent although after some of the hits he's taken this year I might be a little nervous back there also.

Jimmy

With respect to Big Boy's weight.  It appears he is having a large basket of chili -cheese fries at half, rather than getting his team ready to play ball. 

elkhog

Quote from: AP85 on December 29, 2016, 08:16:30 pm
Who we gonna get? No coach would dare take on this program and it's horrible location to recruit to.

Any up and comer would do right now.
GO HOGS!!!

hoglady

Quote from: elkhog on December 29, 2016, 08:48:45 pm

I agree.
I think Bielema has more than shown he can't get it done.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ishankem

Bielema should take what ever his millions dollars salary he has and repay every person from Arkansas their expenses they spent traveling to watch this embarrassment

hogfanny

Strength and conditioning is a good thing to have for a good football team.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: elkhog on December 29, 2016, 08:48:45 pm

With the dumpster fire our program has been in since Lou Holtz was fired, I doubt that an "up and comer" would even think about it.    Think about it!   We've fired coaches that have won NC's elsewhere after we fired them.... (apparently they weren't good enough for us...)...   Think about this....  Holtz, Hatfield, Crowe, Kines, Ford, Nutt, Herring, Petrino, John L, Bret Bielema.... have all been here since 1977 (39 years... that's an average of a new coach every 3.9 years..)      And you all think that someone of some notoriety would come begging to take on this job with a spastic retard fanbase to boot?    I'll smoke & drink whatever you're smokin' and drinkin'...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

maknbacn

Hell I would be good with caitlyn jenner at this point. And maybe as coach too

tee1up2par

Quote from: Hogs958 on December 29, 2016, 08:31:01 pm
I guess I missed where CBB called him a punk

Said he was too Cocky for someone who hadn't backed it up at the time. He has had some good games for us but has cost us at times as well.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

DLUXHOG

Quote from: maknbacn on December 29, 2016, 09:02:55 pm
Hell I would be good with caitlyn jenner at this point. And maybe as coach too

people... we've had our "John L" moment....   please, dear God, never again.............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

maknbacn

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 29, 2016, 09:05:15 pm
people... we've had our "John L" moment....   please, dear God, never again.............

Your damn near watching john L 2 with this shameful crap..

Hoggiedawg

No defense for this at all.  The HDN .9 needs to go.  Fire this whole staff and start over. 

maknbacn

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on December 29, 2016, 09:11:09 pm
No defense for this at all.  The HDN .9 needs to go.  Fire this whole staff and start over.

And rake do Gooder long with them...

maknbacn

Quote from: elksnort on December 29, 2016, 09:16:12 pm
ultimately the reason we lost

I would think the giving up 35 second half points woukd be more of a concern than the running game

hoglady

Quote from: maknbacn on December 29, 2016, 08:54:13 pm
True but just getting old not competing in basketball anymore..we never have really been in the top of the sec elite in football but it would he nice to have basketball back..so far Anderson hasn't got it done either

I agree.
But I have much more hope for the basketball team than the football team.

jbcarol

Quote from: Bogustus on December 29, 2016, 06:18:09 pm
Man. The announcer is getting pissed off.

Either afraid of missing closing time or he needed that halftime break really bad.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 29, 2016, 08:40:44 pm
and I qoute,"we met at Las Vegas at a Blackjack table, she and her friend didn't know how to play so I offered my help. That's how Jen and I met."  If you believe that ISH you'll believe anything. Just use your common sense. I'd bet my last dollar the 'to be' Mrs. Bielema didn't leave Las Vegas for months later when they could concoct a story which sounds odd but there's really no way you can prove it isn't true. But it isn't true.

Did you know that messenger betting is legal in Las Vegas? Meaning a corporation  or individual can place a bet for another Corp or individual and the entity that has the bet placed for them will forever be undisclosed.. Personally I would never hire a coach who has a propensity for gambling and also frequents Las Vegas. 

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

thefisher

Quote from: maknbacn on December 29, 2016, 09:09:22 pm
Your damn near watching john L 2 with this shameful crap..

Well ... hugely disappointing , shocking, and embarrassing back to back meltdowns of epic proportion have happened. I'll even agree to your word, "shameful".
However, this is no where near John L "Smiley" 2.
As bad as it was the record will still show a winning record and a bowl game in this season.
Far short of what should have been ... but far ahead of the John L "Smiley" season.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

jbcarol

Quote from: David† on December 29, 2016, 07:45:19 pm
Vatech was just toying with us. They wanted to have an epic comeback. Knew by watching film it would be easy.

Maybe even supported large unit prop bets on the halftime score?

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hoglady on December 29, 2016, 08:43:20 pm
My girlfriend in Dallas called during the first half - raving about how well Arkansas was doing.
I told her to wait until the 2nd half.
Her husband called the 2nd half
wanting to know what in the heck was wrong with the Arkansas coaching staff that they can't be ready for halftime adjustments by the other team. (He played college ball at SMU during their good years.)
They aren't Arkansas fans, but watch the Hogs because I am - and are just amazed at the second half collapses.

Sorry....when I started to read your post I thought it was going to have some great potential!!! 8)
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 29, 2016, 08:58:14 pm
With the dumpster fire our program has been in since Lou Holtz was fired, I doubt that an "up and comer" would even think about it.    Think about it!   We've fired coaches that have won NC's elsewhere after we fired them.... (apparently they weren't good enough for us...)...   Think about this....  Holtz, Hatfield, Crowe, Kines, Ford, Nutt, Herring, Petrino, John L, Bret Bielema.... have all been here since 1977 (39 years... that's an average of a new coach every 3.9 years..)      And you all think that someone of some notoriety would come begging to take on this job with a spastic retard fanbase to boot?    I'll smoke & drink whatever you're smokin' and drinkin'...

Exactly....We should had stopped at Hatfield. But NNNNOOOOOOO! We wanted a high octane offense!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!