Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

49ers - Jimmy Garappolo

Started by Hogs49ers, December 12, 2017, 12:26:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

I have been a die hard 49er fan all my life and am just old enough to have watched the end of Steve Young/ Jerry Rice's careers, had to go back and watch a lot old stuff of Montana and the Walsh days.  I feel like Shanahan/Garappolo is eerily similar to Walsh/Montana's first year in SF when they went 2-14 and then won the Super Bowl 2 years later and the rest is history!

Jimmy G is the truth and I have not seen a QB with his skills and an ability in SF since Steve Young.  He reminds me of a cross between Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers - as he is both super athletic and can make things happen with his legs, but has that poise in the pocket and accuracy like Tom Brady.  I bet he has one of the quickest releases in the entire NFL, if not the quickest!  Any other 49er fans here that are super excited and need someone to bring them down to Earth?  If so, I am not your guy, but hoping some other people on here can calm me down and talk some sense in to me.  Haha wooooo!
SCREW Vandy!

holeinthewall

No but I was glad to see the 49ers and Bears win to put some distance in the draft pick selection with my Giants. 

Hogs49ers

Quote from: holeinthewall on December 12, 2017, 06:24:11 am
No but I was glad to see the 49ers and Bears win to put some distance in the draft pick selection with my Giants.

Yah, I got really excited at about 2pm on Sunday, the Browns were up by 2 scores, the Bears were up by 2 scores, and the Giants were tied with the Cowboys, and Jimmy was playing fantastic, but then bad teams started doing what they do - lose...Browns and Giants feel apart real quick fast like, almost like someone called down to the field and told them to turn it off and go into tank mode in the 4th quarter.  At least we can both be happy that the Bears won.  I am really torn though right now, and part of me wants to win and get some momentum going into the offseason with Jimmy G under center, and then part of me wants to tank it out for at least the 2nd pick bc now that the 49ers have their franchise QB, we could trade back with a QB needy team and pick up a ton of draft capital and fill up with solid players at a lot of our needs.

Good news for me is that we play teams with records of 8-5, 9-4, and 9-4 to finish the season, so while it will be good opportunity to watch Jimmy G go up against some tough teams, we will also most likely lose all 3 of those games to finish 3-13 for the 2nd or 3rd position in the draft, and Jimmy G may not look quite as good against the Rams and Jags defenses, causing the 49ers to be able to sign him to a cheaper long term contract. 
SCREW Vandy!