Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Romo

Started by 95_alum, April 04, 2017, 10:42:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

What are the chances he just played the Cowboys to force his release? Then he 'changes' his mind in a few weeks and signs with a contender.

95_alum

It's good to be Romo. Husband, dad, 14 years with the Cowboys, teammates, fans. Football in the Fall, golf... He's laughing all the way to the bank. Good on him. Community/Charity events... GO Tony GO!!!

DeltaBoy

We will see him at CBS in the Fall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

riccoar

Looks like to me all the talk about other teams wanting him were false.  Wonder what changed to him still wanting to play?

DeltaBoy

GOOD BYE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

clutch

Quote from: riccoar on April 06, 2017, 08:36:53 am
Looks like to me all the talk about other teams wanting him were false.  Wonder what changed to him still wanting to play?

Probably finally realized that it sucked getting hurt every year. He can sit back, do some TV gigs, and enjoy the free time and golf. Not a bad life.

I think he'd have played a few more years for Dallas if he was the starter because I do think he wanted to try to win a superbowl, and they finally have the pieces in place to be really good, but if he is going to sit and watch it might as well be from home or a TV set.

He was a tough dude. He took some beatings behind some bad offensive lines. Cowboys fans should be grateful, those beatings he took were the direct cause of the Cowboys deciding to put the pieces together for one of the top 2 offensive lines in football. He played a lot of years behind some really bad ones though. He doesn't get enough credit for what he accomplished on some of those teams. I know the big playoff wins were never there, but he put up some good numbers on some bad teams. For so long he never had any running game, forcing him to throw 50+ times a game, many times on the run. He gets knocked for throwing interceptions, but when you throw as much as he was forced to, while trying to escape, it happens. 

EastexHawg

Jerry Jones forced Romo into retirement because he didn't want Tony to go to Houston or Denver and have a great season.  He especially didn't want that to happen if the Cowboys' record falls off this year.  Don't want to be second guessed?  No problem.  You basically own the player, so refuse to release him long enough to force his hand along with everyone else's.

Romo wanted to go to Houston or Denver.  Houston traded Osweiler to make room for him.  Jerry didn't want that to happen, especially with another Texas team, so he decided to end Romo's career.  Yes, it really is that simple.

I have been a Cowboys fan since Don Meredith was the guy taking the horrific beatings, and I wish Jerry nothing but the worst.  He is a conniving, controlling old lout and nothing would make me happier than to see him get what he has coming.