Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For a young team, 1 and Donein the NCAA's or a decent run in the NIT?

Started by majp51, March 19, 2018, 03:12:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

majp51

So I am wondering which would you rather have. I certainly think an ideal situation would be to have a decent run in the NCAA's, but let us assume the following:

-Arkansas players next year will not be 1 and done (expecting all to play to Junior Year or more)
-Arkansas team will be even more inconsistent than normal CMA teams because of the significant youth on the team.

With those given, would it be better for the program to actually barely miss out on the NCAA nad grab a 1 seed in the NIT, or flame out like this current team did?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: majp51 on March 19, 2018, 03:12:58 pm
So I am wondering which would you rather have. I certainly think an ideal situation would be to have a decent run in the NCAA's, but let us assume the following:

-Arkansas players next year will not be 1 and done (expecting all to play to Junior Year or more)
-Arkansas team will be even more inconsistent than normal CMA teams because of the significant youth on the team.

With those given, would it be better for the program to actually barely miss out on the NCAA nad grab a 1 seed in the NIT, or flame out like this current team did?
if they do what they did this year then it was a really good season
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

OkieBack

I'm wondering with the NCAA investigation if there is any chance CMA gets some unexpected transfers that can make a significant difference.  Outside of that, I'm not sure how I'd rather this team play out next season.  I'm afraid if CMA doesn't do something major to tighten up the court play then its not going to matter what potential this young team has in 2019-2020 because I don't think CMA will be there to coach them.  Just my opinion.

hobhog

Good grief.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Breems

Always the dance. No point in playing more games against mediocre talent and reinforcing what you already know.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Tick Hog

I'm not trying to be an ass but for you to even have to ask this question shows how far we've fallen. It's not your fault however, lots have been brainwashed into thinking this is as good as we can do. I do understand the concept of your question and for me it's always always always the dance.

LR_Matt

Why is that an either/or? Some teams made the sweet 16 this year with crazy young teams.

texas tush hog