Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bret’s house for sale

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, March 15, 2018, 11:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: hogcards on March 16, 2018, 02:27:23 pm
The patio area was nice.  Just try to imagine what Bert did out there and how he amused himself.

What a strange and weird comment.

twistitup

I'd like to try the house out for a weekend - pm me Lindsey if that would be possible.

thanks in advance.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on March 16, 2018, 04:57:59 pm
I'd like to try the house out for a weekend - pm me Lindsey if that would be possible.

thanks in advance.

Put down 10% and they might.

The Kig

While many of the fixtures are not my style and the house is obviously staged by the realtor, some perspective is needed for all the bashing.  Considering his income, a 6300 sq ft $2M house is completely reasonable and not really all that big or opulent.   
Poker Porker

elviscat

How ridiculous it is to pay coach that kind of money and then get so little in return. CBB, needs to be coaching in a high school position at about 60,000 a year. That's all he's worth.

twistitup

Quote from: The Kig on March 16, 2018, 05:51:27 pm
While many of the fixtures are not my style and the house is obviously staged by the realtor, some perspective is needed for all the bashing.  Considering his income, a 6300 sq ft $2M house is completely reasonable and not really all that big or opulent.   

It was him, his wife and a baby...completely reasonable?

Rice would agree, but I don't think it is reasonable - it's waaayyy over the top. Plus he spent much of his time at an apt. off of Dickson - that leaves a baby and a wife in that house.

Reasonable from a financial perspective is one thing - 'reasonable' in a common sense kind of way....not really

Just my opinion

Justagp

Quote from: b501 on March 16, 2018, 04:03:47 am

tacky
I don't know that I would consider the home tacky, I think a better word for it might be garish.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 16, 2018, 06:24:25 am
Hate to take a personal swipe, but I spit my coffee on the screen when I saw the exercise equipment.

My wife and I were just joking about the ad: "Unused exercise room. Mint!"

ChicoHog

Quote from: hamsam on March 16, 2018, 07:21:44 am
I agree. I'd have to spend a cool million to remodel the inside. Doesn't seem to match the outside at all. JMO
I love the patio, backyard, outdoor kitchen set up but the house is way too fancy for my tastes. 

Hog N Bama

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 11:09:46 pm
Good gracious, that looks like a castle. My house in California cost about the same and it looks something like this:

are your property taxes more than your mortgage?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 16, 2018, 06:37:15 am
I must say that I chuckled a bit myself.
Looks brand new as in never used

Hog N Bama

Love the back yard and patio/pool area. The inside looks cold with no warmth or character. Tacky furniture too

RedRock

AirWarren

It's a pretty home.

But like a lot of you, there is no warmth. Just seems like a lot of unused space.

Bebop

Inhogswetrust

March 17, 2018, 07:27:19 am #65 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:46:50 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: jkstock04 on March 16, 2018, 01:49:59 pm
A lot of what is tacky is the decoration/design of the inside.. Id say the interior designer of that place is an inch away from cutting his/her ear off. Awful awful taste.

I'd like to know what type of person would buy that place as it is on the inside if given the choice? They would have to come from somewhere other than Arkansas.

The thing about taste is it is always 100% subjective.

That being said it could have been built for much less than over $300 per sq. ft. and still looked as "opulent".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Razorfox on March 16, 2018, 01:51:21 pm
For those of you saying it's sterile, you do realize it's not being lived in, right?  Haven't you ever been to a model home before, they are always like that. 

That being said, I think most people, unless you are even richer than him, would probably take a house like that in a heart beat. 

The only issue I saw was the lack of mature trees in the yard, which is a common issue with newer houses. 

And he could have afforded to plant some really big trees!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Athog

Quote from: sickboy on March 15, 2018, 11:09:46 pm
Good gracious, that looks like a castle. My house in California cost about the same and it looks something like this:

Well California says it all!

hoghearted

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 16, 2018, 11:31:05 am
Since they have already moved to Florida, I would bet that the reality company had the house staged. The furniture and exercise equipment dose not go with the house.

Well they did a poor job, IMO.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bebop on March 16, 2018, 10:11:42 pm
I bet it reeks of failure.
you know it does. He couldnt even sire a son after waiting 45 years for one....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on March 16, 2018, 11:31:05 am
Since they have already moved to Florida, I would bet that the reality company had the house staged. The furniture and exercise equipment dose not go with the house.

Where in Florida ?

AHiD

Quote from: ricepig on March 16, 2018, 05:35:00 pm
Put down 10% and they might.

Jim, you're not hiding your identity very well
My name...is Jerruh

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoghearted on March 18, 2018, 08:57:49 pm
Well they did a poor job, IMO.

Would you be interested in buying the house if it were better staged? 😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 19, 2018, 06:32:51 am

I got 5 on it

If every member of Hogville would chip in - we could purchase it for a 'party pad'

Don't know if the POA would approve, but I heard Rice is head of the POA...so he might be able to push it through.

riccoar

Quote from: twistitup on March 19, 2018, 06:33:59 am
I got 5 on it

If every member of Hogville would chip in - we could purchase it for a 'party pad'

Don't know if the POA would approve, but I heard Rice is head of the POA...so he might be able to push it through.
I'm with Luniz.  Start collecting for a Hogville man cave.

Großer Kriegschwein

I got 5 on it

Well the house comes with a years supply of kale and a ninja blender.

I'm just kidding. It comes with 100 lbs of Cheetos and a half a case of Rolling Rock that got left in the pantry.
This is my non-signature signature.

MuskogeeHogFan

I got 5 on it

Power of Attorney?
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 19, 2018, 07:10:42 am
Power of Attorney?

Property Owners Association, sometimes known as HOA.....

Pig in the Pokey

I got 5 on it

this is your best idea yet, except we better put a twenty twin-twin on it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hogcards

Quote from: buldozer on March 16, 2018, 04:37:47 pm
That house is a great example of why he should have been fired earlier..... his head was a lot bigger than any accomplishment he has ever had or ever will have in the future. He was a loser with a big head

It pays to suck.   8)
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

(notOM)Rebel123

Plenty of room out back for CCM to land the Pork Chopper

hoghearted

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 19, 2018, 06:32:51 am

Probably not.

I could find something more in line with my taste, and for less, here in Texas. (If I had the financial resources for it ;)    )

https://www.trulia.com/p/tx/frisco/7905-brookhollow-blvd-frisco-tx-75034--2065624709

or if you want a little more opulence

https://www.trulia.com/p/tx/frisco/5243-spicewood-ln-frisco-tx-75034--2065619382
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoghearted on March 19, 2018, 10:38:08 am
Probably not.

I could find something more in line with my taste, and for less, here in Texas. (If I had the financial resources for it ;)    )

https://www.trulia.com/p/tx/frisco/7905-brookhollow-blvd-frisco-tx-75034--2065624709

or if you want a little more opulence

https://www.trulia.com/p/tx/frisco/5243-spicewood-ln-frisco-tx-75034--2065619382

Me either. Too big in both size & price for my likes. I'd rather have a nice cabin in the hills.

AirWarren

We built ours 6 months ago.

Not too big. Not too small. Just right. And it has that cozy home like feeling. Those houses like this one just feel like dead space and emptiness.

sickboy

Quote from: Hog N Bama on March 16, 2018, 09:12:39 pm
are your property taxes more than your mortgage?

By a large margin. About four times as much as my mortgage.

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 19, 2018, 10:19:25 am
this is your best idea yet, except we better put a twenty twin-twin on it.

Maybe even a hundie and we eliminate some riffraff

Razorbackers

Quote from: twistitup on March 16, 2018, 07:37:04 am
F the house - people like that crap? You spend so much time working to pay for the shiite that you don't have time to enjoy it. That *** place looks depressing and doesn't have much character.

On another note, I bet his farts and belches echoed - and he loved it. For me, there is no need for the sheetrock castle...

but this - I'll take....

100%. This house feels so...impersonal. I would hate it.

But that back patio/pool combo was lit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: twistitup on March 19, 2018, 11:48:17 am
Maybe even a hundie and we eliminate some riffraff
go with more of a Herman's theme- no riffraff.

NorthDallas40

Photoshop opportunities off the charts here!

fishes2000

Didn't he live between Van Horn and Anderson?

Hog N Bama

twistitup

Quote from: fishes2000 on March 19, 2018, 01:25:18 pm
Didn't he live between Van Horn and Anderson?

I think it was between Ben's and Reynolds

PygmalionEffect2

Interesting how many people on here had the same take on the house, back of the house with the patios and pool were really nice and what you would expect from a $2M home and the inside of the house was more what were they thinking?   Most cold and impersonal interior I've ever seen.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on March 19, 2018, 05:25:48 pm
Interesting how many people on here had the same take on the house, back of the house with the patios and pool were really nice and what you would expect from a $2M home and the inside of the house was more what were they thinking?   Most cold and impersonal interior I've ever seen.

I found it interesting how many people just can't let go...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

twistitup

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on March 19, 2018, 05:39:07 pm
I found it interesting how many people just can't let go...

Do you have some $ to kick in - the Hogville Collective was thinking about buying the house. We will need to have Chavis come over to smudge the place ....

http://www.thesacredscience.com/the-art-of-smudging/

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: twistitup on March 19, 2018, 05:46:25 pm
Do you have some $ to kick in - the Hogville Collective was thinking about buying the house. We will need to have Chavis come over to smudge the place ....

http://www.thesacredscience.com/the-art-of-smudging/

No...but I wish I was the listing agent for it...heck, I'd have taken the referral fee...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Cinco de Hogo

Twistup only want it to test out those newfangled concession items he's peddling...

twistitup

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 19, 2018, 06:34:26 pm
Twistup only want it to test out those newfangled concession items he's peddling...

Would be a good R&D facility

ambien_sky

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on March 16, 2018, 06:24:25 am
Hate to take a personal swipe, but I spit my coffee on the screen when I saw the exercise equipment.

I source close to Bret told me that his wife bought him a tread Mill for Christmas,  and he just flipped it over, and road it to the fridge to get a beer.

haveabeer

If you like the Clampett's house better you are in luck. It is currently listed for 350 million dollars according to Forbes.