Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville stadium north end closure.

Started by PigPusher, October 14, 2017, 12:36:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

Anyone have any pics of the north end closure progress? Aerial would be really great.

Wishing our average (again) team much success tomorrow. Some of it is going to be like watching a horror movie when we were kids. You know arm across the eye as don't want to see. Well!!!!!
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

factchecker

Razorback Stadium

or

Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium

Not Fayetteville Stadium
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

10thPlanet

Just drove by 45min ago. Still tons of work to be done. All the support beams still exposed. I think it's going to look really nice when done.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jgphillips3

Actually, it won't be closed.  They went full retard and left a giant damn hole in it that isn't truly functional and, aesthetically, is as attractive as rancid horseshit.  Have I mentioned that I hate that stupid hole?

East Clintwood

Quote from: factchecker on October 14, 2017, 12:38:50 am
Razorback Stadium

or

Not Fayetteville Stadium

You knew what he meant.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 14, 2017, 02:36:37 am
Actually, it won't be closed.  They went full retard and left a giant damn hole in it that isn't truly functional and, aesthetically, is as attractive as rancid horseshit.  Have I mentioned that I hate that stupid hole?

Isn't that yet another Jeff Long fiasco, like removing Slobberin Hog?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

jgphillips3

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 14, 2017, 02:45:37 am

Isn't that yet another Jeff Long fiasco, like removing Slobberin Hog?

I believe it to be so!

(notOM)Rebel123

Not as bad as this one...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

oldhog63

I like the hole. Can watch the game from our tailgate spot. 😊

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: PigPusher on October 14, 2017, 12:36:03 am
Anyone have any pics of the north end closure progress? Aerial would be really great.

Wishing our average (again) team much success tomorrow. Some of it is going to be like watching a horror movie when we were kids. You know arm across the eye as don't want to see. Well!!!!!

Someone may have already stated this but the Arkansas website released a new drone fly through video yesterday

rljjr

Now to make all seats individual chairs like Gillette Stadium.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2017, 08:12:48 am
Now to make all seats individual chairs like Gillette Stadium.

In it's current angle, width, and pitch, you'd have to make them for some really short people......

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 08:14:25 am
In it's current angle, width, and pitch, you'd have to make them for some really short people......

Yeah, I recognize we'd have to lose quite a few seats, but with the declining numbers of attendees nationwide I'm not so sure the smaller-but-nicer concept isn't the way to go.

Hog N Bama

I hate that hole! WTH wants to go to a game and stand 3.5 hrs? IDIOTIC IDEA and it looks awkward like they ran out of $$$ :puke:

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on October 14, 2017, 08:22:48 am
Yeah, I recognize we'd have to lose quite a few seats, but with the declining numbers of attendees nationwide I'm not so sure the smaller-but-nicer concept isn't the way to go.

There's room to take out seats as far as width, but you'd have to stand in your seat to let anyone move down the aisle. As compared to the outdoor club seats, you're about 4-5" short in room between the rows.

ricepig

Quote from: Hog N Bama on October 14, 2017, 08:27:33 am
I hate that hole! WTH wants to go to a game and stand 3.5 hrs? IDIOTIC IDEA and it looks awkward like they ran out of $$$ :puke:

Bunch of dumb Cowboy fans do......

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 08:31:12 am
There's room to take out seats as far as width, but you'd have to stand in your seat to let anyone move down the aisle. As compared to the outdoor club seats, you're about 4-5" short in room between the rows.

Well that IS an engineering conundrum for sure.

Boardon Hamsay

Is Fayetteville High expanding their stadium?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HeathWimp

Actually, it won’t be closed.  They went full retard and left a giant damn hole in it that isn’t truly functional and, aesthetically, is as attractive as rancid horseshit.  Have I mentioned that I hate that stupid hole?

Dude.  This is a safe space.  You can tell us how you really feel.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Pig in the Pokey

that mixed with erector set west side is ugly combo. That ariel shot shows the weird shape of the south side, too. Seems to me the south side should have extended farther south and been "thicker" with much more square footage, and the west side is obvious, too. Razorback road should route thru the broyles-matthews lots around the stadium and the west side should be re-built with a much bigger area for concourses with a nice courtyard leading to a grand entrance area on the stadium's most viewed side; that would be awesome. South End-zone should have been a bit taller and not include that gaping hole. It's nice but could be one of the best in the nation.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 08:31:12 am
at least we could address that with a whole west side re-build
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 09:11:56 am
at least we could address that with a whole west side re-build

About the only that ever gets done is with Mike Irwin's tunnel, Razorback Rd is state hwy 45, you know the state isn't going to pay for the road relocation.

jgphillips3

Quote from: ricepig on October 14, 2017, 09:16:35 am
About the only that ever gets done is with Mike Irwin's tunnel, Razorback Rd is state hwy 45, you know the state isn't going to pay for the road relocation.

You know, a tunnel is actually a great idea.  I hadn't seen him suggest that.

The NewEra

Go to arkansasrazorbacks.com  Click on the tab for Stadium Updates on the top right, then click on watch live on the top right.

longpig

Keeping the hole was a brilliant decision.  You people are ignort.
Don't be scared, be smart.

GuvHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 14, 2017, 09:58:36 am
You know, a tunnel is actually a great idea.  I hadn’t seen him suggest that.

He has. He suggested lowering Razorback Road 15 feet on the west side of the stadium and building a tunnel.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razorback44

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 14, 2017, 09:09:26 am
that mixed with erector set west side is ugly combo. That ariel shot shows the weird shape of the south side, too. Seems to me the south side should have extended farther south and been "thicker" with much more square footage, and the west side is obvious, too. Razorback road should route thru the broyles-matthews lots around the stadium and the west side should be re-built with a much bigger area for concourses with a nice courtyard leading to a grand entrance area on the stadium's most viewed side; that would be awesome. South End-zone should have been a bit taller and not include that gaping hole. It's nice but could be one of the best in the nation.

The south side couldn't go out any further without demolishing Barnhill. I'm sure it will come down someday but 2000 wasn't that time.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

David†

Hogs-n-Roses

In about '70-71 I sat on that hill and said, I hope you can look out across those hills forever. I think it was the first year of razorbuds. It needed to be filled in, I was so wrong.

jgphillips3

People want to dump WMS because it is ugly despite its rich tradition.  I know people traditionally view from there but it is ugly as Hell.  Fill the damn hole!

sowmonella

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 14, 2017, 02:59:24 pm
People want to dump WMS because it is ugly despite its rich tradition.  I know people traditionally view from there but it is ugly as Hell.  Fill the damn hole!

Is it hard finding something to bitch about in every thread?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Locutus_of_Boar

They are making progress.  For next week's game they will modify the sign on the construction area fence to read:

"Coming 2018:  New Management!"

jgphillips3

Quote from: sowmonella on October 14, 2017, 03:15:27 pm

These days?  No...not really.  It's a lot harder to find anything to compliment.  I hate the damn hole, I'll always hate the damn hole.  In a thread about closing in the end that we are not in fact closing, that's pretty much on point.

I was positive about Cole in my thread about him if that gives you the warm fuzzies. 😉

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 14, 2017, 02:59:24 pm

It is designed so it can be closed in later, if they need the space.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 14, 2017, 03:22:13 pm
These days?  No...not really.  It's a lot harder to find anything to compliment.  I hate the damn hole, I'll always hate the damn hole.  In a thread about closing in the end that we are not in fact closing, that's pretty much on point.

I was positive about Cole in my thread about him if that gives you the warm fuzzies. 😉

It's going to be closed in the lower level down to the field.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sowmonella on October 14, 2017, 03:15:27 pm

You could give some people a new Jaguar & they'd gripe about the color of the floor mats.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 14, 2017, 04:22:04 pm
You could give some people a new Jaguar & they'd gripe about the color of the floor mats.
Not my fault they pick such fugly colors for the floor mats in the new jags.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

PigPusher

Quote from: factchecker on October 14, 2017, 12:38:50 am
Razorback Stadium

or

Not Fayetteville Stadium

All three have worked along time and I believe it will this time also.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

WizardofhOgZ

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/new-views-from-nez-construction-area/

PigPusher

Thanks guys for the response to my request on the "North End Zone" sic (Fayetteville Campus--heh)

I want to make one comment related to the open area. As an architectural building designer that opening sure looks like it has a stated purpose. It would be not unlike an open fan plaza for casual seating supported with booth fed food and drink purchases. The area looks to be totally (or nearly so) cut off from the main concession areas. Don't think there is concession underneath being that it is built on a slope. They didn't excavate did they" As such the need for such a function would be solved there. We will find out the truth of the matter for sure.

parallaxpig

Quote from: PigPusher on October 18, 2017, 04:45:41 pm
Thanks guys for the response to my request on the "North End Zone" sic (Fayetteville Campus--heh)

I want to make one comment related to the open area. As an architectural building designer that opening sure looks like it has a stated purpose. It would be not unlike an open fan plaza for casual seating supported with booth fed food and drink purchases. The area looks to be totally (or nearly so) cut off from the main concession areas. Don't think there is concession underneath being that it is built on a slope. They didn't excavate did they" As such the need for such a function would be solved there. We will find out the truth of the matter for sure.

Beer garden folks beer garden
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

factchecker

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 18, 2017, 05:32:11 pm
Beer garden folks beer garden

I thought it might a cool place to have a beer garden and a couple of food trucks but I'm not sure how that would look on TV.

Another cool idea would be to put Frank's statue there.  We could also build a statue of DMAC.  I'm not sure if there is an unwritten law that a player has to have a heisman to get a statue but if any of our players deserve a statue it's DMAC.  We can also put a giant version of the Burlsworth trophy as a statue/monument to Brandon.

They might put TUSK up there during games as well.

Will be interesting to see what they do moving forward.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PigPusher

No, no, no. Lanny plaza with the obligatory Lanny holding the Hogville flag high and proud. Yes sir Lanny plaza. WoooooPig!!!!!

Cinco de Hogo

Hole! Who's talking about d____holes!  Holes are for digging out of!

PigPusher

Now I was born in Arkansas so don't think the following thought is elitist. That gap sure looks like the old Arkansas laughable image of a missing tooth.  Only an out-of-stater would do a thing like that without even knowing it. Long you had better shorten up there boy.