Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting this summer

Started by nwahogfan1, June 22, 2016, 11:36:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

We are losing 3 ladies who are 6'3 off this years roster.

Do we go JUCO for a big who has experience and can help us win right now?  Or do we go HS and try to sign a 4/5 star big?

What are we hearing?

LadybackBBFan

We have one 6'3" commitment from Illinois - she looks like a promising commitment.

psycHOGlogist

And we are apparently still recruiting Mallory Vaughn, a post from Collinsville, OK. Have seen her referred to as 6'4", but apparently she's closer to 6'2"?

flippinhogmana

I saw one reference to her as 6-2, but I have seen a lot more numerous ones list her as 6-5 as well.  Looking at her against other players, I think she is a legitimate 6-3/6-4.  She also blocks a whole lot more shots than other 6-2 players in her conference.  Part of that may be that she is long.  I guess we will know if we land her and then measure her.  But I have also been told that JJ and AC are only 6-2 also.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

nwahogfan1

I thought we would be in her top 3 since we are only a couple hours from home.  Darn.

With our new Assistant Coach is in charge of developing BIGs.   Does any body think we might sign one or two bigs from Canada or the North East this year?????

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 23, 2016, 08:00:47 pm
I thought we would be in her top 3 since we are only a couple hours from home.  Darn.

She seems to be looking at schools that are not particularly close. TCU at 5 hrs away is the closest.

jackflash

I don't think the Hogs will give up on recruiting her

psycHOGlogist

Vaughn has committed to Arizona - which is kind of funny. They are traditionally a laughing-stock also-ran in the PAC 12. They were 3-15 in conference last year, leading to a coaching change. They just hired Adia Barnes, who had been an assistant at Washington (who's done very well lately and is coming off a Final Four appearance under former Arkansas AC Mike Neighbors). Arguably, AZ is the "worst" program in her group of four finalists. Must have been something there she really liked - wish her well!

psycHOGlogist

This link comments on some folks I think we are recruiting (not sure how seriously), including 2018 Veitenheimer (tourney MVP), 2017 commit Spangler, 2017 Winchester, 2019 post Taylor Jones, and, 2020 G (with offer) Sasha Goforth from FHS.

We may be recruiting others, too, of course.

http://www.premierbasketballreport.com/news/2016-super-64-player-hit-list