Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Byers

Started by fishes2000, June 20, 2016, 08:43:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 21, 2016, 01:19:31 pm
So he has a conditional offer?

He does not have a conditional offer.  He will receive an offer on condition he meets a standard he has not currently met.  Pretty simple!

lefty08

Exactly 7 days from today I'm going to start a thread about this kid swearing I've never heard about him. That ok with you guys?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 21, 2016, 05:16:22 pm
He does not have a conditional offer.  He will receive an offer on condition he meets a standard he has not currently met.  Pretty simple!

And I never had sexual relations with that women.  Pretty simple! 

If he has in any way shape or form been told that he will recieve an offer if he meets certain conditions then he does in fact have a conditional offer.  Unless you think someone is lying to him...or to us. 

How many times have you guys told us CBB does not go back on HS word?

You can look at it however you want, that's the way I look at it.  If he meets the conditions and he wants to be a Razorback then he will be a Razorback.

Razorbackers

Quote from: lefty08 on June 21, 2016, 05:31:13 pm
Exactly 7 days from today I'm going to start a thread about this kid swearing I've never heard about him. That ok with you guys?

Is this a conditional offer?

Vantage 8 dude

Might as well since I swear this seems to be about the hundredth thread on this same subject. Some folks continue to agonize over this rather than letting things play out the way they will.

JaketheSnake

So we are not currently in the condition to offer?  Is he not in good enough condition for an offer? Is his conditioning part of the condition of the conditional offer? 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: JaketheSnake on June 22, 2016, 11:31:42 am
So we are not currently in the condition to offer?  Is he not in good enough condition for an offer? Is his conditioning part of the condition of the conditional offer?

All the above but someone needs to run with each one independently.

Vantage 8 dude

You got it. Yep, his conditioning is aimed at conditioning a conditional offer. That is if the conditions he's working on conditioning get conditioned. The most important thing is that when you've been conditioned to accept the conditions then it becomes really plain and simple. :)

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 21, 2016, 05:01:12 pm
Background checks just like Byers got. Vet his coaches, friends, teachers, patents like Byers is getting. This was going on 3 years and nobody saw or knew anything?  Just sayin..
Its official.  You're either a troll or a moron.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 22, 2016, 02:44:38 pm
Its official.  You're either a troll or a moron.

He shouldn't have grade problems if he has some patents....

RazorWhacker

Conditioning is a problem. Air conditioning. It's too hot to offer without it.

ricepig

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 23, 2016, 07:04:27 am
Conditioning is a problem. Air conditioning. It's too hot to offer without it.

But.....you can escape gun and weed charges in Louisiana if you don't work in it, so there's that.......

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 02:45:53 pm

He got lots of 'em.  He be stylin' in 'em.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 20, 2016, 03:43:13 pm
I'll never understand how pulling his offer because he won't qualify is a bad thing for the university of arkansas.   That would be his fault and completely justifiable.   

Makes zero sense.  If you don't qualify then of course your offer will be pulled.  Just tell him that's what's gonna happen if he doesn't make the grades and offer him.   

I understand that the HC and his coaches have their own way of doing things.  I'm glad they don't check in with you first...

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 21, 2016, 05:39:46 pm

If he has in any way shape or form been told that he will recieve an offer if he meets certain conditions then he does in fact have a conditional offer.  Unless you think someone is lying to him...or to us. 

You can look at it however you want, that's the way I look at it.  If he meets the conditions and he wants to be a Razorback then he will be a Razorback.

You can see it as you choose.  Unless the coaches literally said you have an offer, he doesn't have an offer.  If they said you have an offer, but_______, he would have a conditional offer.  However, if they literally said we won't offer until you meet _____ requirement, it is not an offer.

If I write a check to you and tell you it can be cashed after you do something, I have paid you in advance but can still cancel the check if needed.  If I tell you I will write you a check after you do something, I am only paying after you accomplish the requirement.

Simple to me, but that is how I see it.

The_Boot_stops_here

BEGIN QUOTE FROM MUSIC CITY HOG  : I'll never understand how pulling his offer because he won't qualify is a bad thing for the university of arkansas.   That would be his fault and completely justifiable.   

Makes zero sense.  If you don't qualify then of course your offer will be pulled.  Just tell him that's what's gonna happen if he doesn't make the grades and offer him.   END QUOTE

I couldn't agree more

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 23, 2016, 02:33:42 pm
BEGIN QUOTE FROM MUSIC CITY HOG  : I'll never understand how pulling his offer because he won't qualify is a bad thing for the university of arkansas.   That would be his fault and completely justifiable.   

Makes zero sense.  If you don't qualify then of course your offer will be pulled.  Just tell him that's what's gonna happen if he doesn't make the grades and offer him.   END QUOTE

I couldn't agree more

You guys are just so much smarter than a couple of dozen guys about how to run recruiting to set up the program the way our HC believes is the best way to win.

Very impressive ... in your own minds.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 23, 2016, 02:33:42 pm

I couldn't agree more

The $4M man disagrees, and I don't figure you'll get any better explanation from him than has already been stated by E.K. Franks on what steps they follow on offers.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 23, 2016, 02:38:48 pm
You guys are just so much smarter than a couple of dozen guys about how to run recruiting to set up the program the way our HC believes is the best way to win.

Very impressive ... in your own minds.

LOL.   Didn't bash the coaches, just disagree with them on a particular point.  Must suck to be such a blind follower that you can't see reasonable disagreement for what it is.  Nothing malicious, nothing outrageous.  Just a difference of opinion.  Sheep.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 02:45:07 pm
The $4M man disagrees, and I don't figure you'll get any better explanation from him than has already been stated by E.K. Franks on what steps they follow on offers.

I'm well aware.  Doesn't change the fact that I disagree.  Just as the $4M man couldn't care less if you all agree with him or not, he doesn't care if I (and others) disagree with him.  So opinions can be stated both ways understanding that none of them matter.  Yours or mine.  So you don't care if Beilema agrees with you and I don't care if he agrees with me.  It's message board fodder. 

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 23, 2016, 02:52:23 pm
I'm well aware.  Doesn't change the fact that I disagree.  Just as the $4M man couldn't care less if you all agree with him or not, he doesn't care if I (and others) disagree with him.  So opinions can be stated both ways understanding that none of them matter.  Yours or mine.  So you don't care if Beilema agrees with you and I don't care if he agrees with me.  It's message board fodder. 

Well, you have a lot of that, lol.

So do I.

HogNDas

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 23, 2016, 02:49:20 pm
LOL.   Didn't bash the coaches, just disagree with them on a particular point.  Must suck to be such a blind follower that you can't see reasonable disagreement for what it is.  Nothing malicious, nothing outrageous.  Just a difference of opinion.  Sheep.
or lemmings? 
Only time will tell if the methods/procedures we are using in recruiting are working.  For sure, they are atypical of what Bama; Ohio State; Mich., FL, UGA use.....let's hope that the roof doesn't cave in on us....We shall see!
ps, OM is starting to crank up the recruiting machine which leads me to believe:
their self imposed sanctions may be what the NCAA goes with and the NCAA believes the most egregious of the offenses (ACT test tainting) date back to NuttJob.
With them again recruiting at a high level, leads me to believe they are outworking us.  Only explanation I can come up with cause you know nothing is going on now.

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on June 23, 2016, 03:18:48 pm
or lemmings? 
Only time will tell if the methods/procedures we are using in recruiting are working.  For sure, they are atypical of what Bama; Ohio State; Mich., FL, UGA use.....let's hope that the roof doesn't cave in on us....We shall see!
ps, OM is starting to crank up the recruiting machine which leads me to believe:
their self imposed sanctions may be what the NCAA goes with and the NCAA believes the most egregious of the offenses (ACT test tainting) date back to NuttJob.
With them again recruiting at a high level, leads me to believe they are outworking us.  Only explanation I can come up with cause you know nothing is going on now.

Our methods will be our methods, not those who you so dearly envy. As far as OM, let them win the recruit titles, I'll take the wins over them.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 03:46:30 pm
Our methods will be our methods, not those who you so dearly envy. As far as OM, let them win the recruit titles, I'll take the wins over them.
Good point...we did beat them, but lost to Toledo... Sugar Bowl vs TX Bowl...  I just hope we get out of the gate good this year...The TT loss 2 years ago was very embarrassing...

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on June 23, 2016, 04:41:05 pm
Good point...we did beat them, but lost to Toledo... Sugar Bowl vs TX Bowl...  I just hope we get out of the gate good this year...The TT loss 2 years ago was very embarrassing...

We beat Texas Tech two years ago, and did Toledo have a higher rated class than us? Of course they didn't, there's more than recruiting rankings involved in a football game.

HogNDas

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 04:44:40 pm
We beat Texas Tech two years ago, and did Toledo have a higher rated class than us? Of course they didn't, there's more than recruiting rankings involved in a football game.
You're right...we lost to TT and Toledo last year!...  sad.... we have to have the talent level to sustain us for the entire year...we were blessed that our OLine started every game!...We have no depth...

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 02:45:07 pm

What does the $6M man say?

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on June 23, 2016, 04:57:59 pm
You're right...we lost to TT and Toledo last year!...  sad.... we have to have the talent level to sustain us for the entire year...we were blessed that our OLine started every game!...We have no depth...

So, they talent level wasn't good at the start of last year? Also, wouldn't we have had more depth for this year if someone got hurt last year and was replaced?

factchecker

Quote from: HogNDas on June 23, 2016, 04:57:59 pm

AND we beat Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU, and Auburn who all have been recruiting at a higher clip than us.....
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 23, 2016, 04:59:41 pm
What does the $6M man say?

That he will offer you and pull the offer at the last minute regardless if you have the grades..... he'll do it just to make room for a better player. 

Sorry,  I'm glad that our coach doesn't do that to instate players.  I have a feeling that you'd be the first one to pick up your torch if Bielema were to pull a scholarship on signing day..... especially from an Arkansas player.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

June 23, 2016, 05:48:34 pm #130 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:18:28 pm by factchecker
Quote from: HogNDas on June 23, 2016, 04:41:05 pm

Ole Miss hasn't beat us in two seasons.  We kicked the ever living crap out of them in 2014 (30-0) and last season's game was a great hard fought win that proved lady luck or god doesn't care about star rankings. They recruited paid for 3 first round draft picks and still couldn't beat us or get to Atlanta.

FYI- You've got your years mixed up.  We beat Texas Tech 2 seasons ago (49-28 THAT'S A BUTT WHIPPIN!!!!).  We also went to the Texas Bowl the season before.  Last season we went to the Liberty bowl.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 23, 2016, 02:49:20 pm

You've got me confused with someone else,  I think.

I'm not a blind follower, but I am smart enough to know when someone is full of bull.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: factchecker on June 23, 2016, 05:43:13 pm
That he will offer you and pull the offer at the last minute regardless if you have the grades..... he'll do it just to make room for a better player. 

Sorry,  I'm glad that our coach doesn't do that to instate players.  I have a feeling that you'd be the first one to pick up your torch if Bielema were to pull a scholarship on signing day..... especially from an Arkansas player.

I think you need to stick to facts someone else has already prepared for you.  You don't do so good on you own, but that's common amongst geniuses I guess. 

How do you pull a conditional offer if the conditions aren't meet?  I think that is one of them cat chasing its tail kind of things.  You the cat or the tail? 

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 23, 2016, 09:43:37 pm
I think you need to stick to facts someone else has already prepared for you.  You don't do so good on you own, but that's common amongst geniuses I guess. 

How do you pull a conditional offer if the conditions aren't meet?  I think that is one of them cat chasing its tail kind of things.  You the cat or the tail? 

So Saban has given him a conditional offer?

Deep Shoat

Are you "offer them no matter what" folks too stupid to see that the truth about why the offer was pulled doesn't matter? 

The kid tells his truth and everyone believes him.  Just like in this case.  The CBB haters and recruiting alarmists are acting like CBB hasn't made it abundantly clear what the kid needs to do in order to get an offer.  The actual truth is ignored.
All Gas, No Brakes!

BornaHog

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 21, 2016, 11:22:50 am
what is the star rating on that Caliper?  Oh well I don't guess it really matters anyway as I hear it has narrowed down its list to Sears, Wal-Mart and Home Depot

Harbor freight carrys a really cheap set of calipers too!   Or is that to or maybe two? Oh well someone on Hogville will know.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 09:53:45 pm
So Saban has given him a conditional offer?

I thought I ask you that question?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 23, 2016, 10:11:56 pm
Are you "offer them no matter what" folks too stupid to see that the truth about why the offer was pulled doesn't matter? 

The kid tells his truth and everyone believes him.  Just like in this case.  The CBB haters and recruiting alarmists are acting like CBB hasn't made it abundantly clear what the kid needs to do in order to get an offer.  The actual truth is ignored.

I know some of you take things pretty serious but if you think we think that anything an if us think or say matters enough to hate someone or be alarmed about something we have no control over your crazy.  How, when, why , where are all subjective and therefore open to discussion.  Some people aren't as smart or knowledgable as others and it shows.  Some people aren't as nice or patient as others and it shows.  Do you hate the person you disagree with?  I doubt you do.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 24, 2016, 10:19:41 am
I know some of you take things pretty serious but if you think we think that anything an if us think or say matters enough to hate someone or be alarmed about something we have no control over your crazy.  How, when, why , where are all subjective and therefore open to discussion.  Some people aren't as smart or knowledgable as others and it shows.  Some people aren't as nice or patient as others and it shows.  Do you hate the person you disagree with?  I doubt you do.
Are you a lawyer?  Is English your 2nd language?  C'mon Corky, I said what I meant.  I don't hate anyone, but some of you folks couldn't pour pee out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel.

Byers will get an offer IF his academics are in order.  AND, he will then go somewhere else because he doesn't WANT to be here.

Plenty of folks with real knowledge telling you these things and you keep arguing as if your opinion matters.

All Gas, No Brakes!

hawgfan4life

Why is it better to offer and then pull the offer of they don't meet the standard versus requiring athlete to meet the standard before offer is made but with promise it will be made?  If the athlete wants the AR offer very bad, he will take care of business with intention of accepting promised offer. If he wants the conditional offer in order to consider the Hawgs, he isn't that serious and could play us for attention like the kid from TX and the one from LA did last year.

I like how we do it much better.  Coaches can recruit the athlete just as much and show just as much love as if they conditionally offer.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 21, 2016, 10:25:58 am
So he does have an offer?  A conditional offer!  Wait, we don't do that.
Is there a difference between a "conditional offer" and being told under what conditions an offer will be extended?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 21, 2016, 05:01:12 pm
Background checks just like Byers got. Vet his coaches, friends, teachers, patents like Byers is getting. This was going on 3 years and nobody saw or knew anything?  Just sayin..

Jeebus-taddy-fugging-cripes... This is the dumbest thing in this thread yet.

WHY DID THEY NOT PEER INTO HIS SOUL AND DISCOVER ALL THE THINGS THE MANDATORY REPORTERS CLOSER TO THE SITUATION EITHER DID NOT KNOW OR FAILED TO REPORT IN VIOLATION IF CRIMINAL LAW?!?!?!

Clown shoes is what you are now.

KlubhouseKonnected

I'll look forward to this.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on June 21, 2016, 05:39:46 pm

Unless he fails to meet the conditions for the offer prior to all scholarships being committed to. In which case the offer won't come.

Then they won't have "pulled an offer" because technically it won't have ever been offered due to the conditions triggering said offer would not have been met during a time that such offer is available.

Stupid and convoluted enough for further sissy fighting or what?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 25, 2016, 12:25:36 am
Is there a difference between a "conditional offer" and being told under what conditions an offer will be extended?

I don't think so because IF CBB or staff have told him that and he meets the conditions and wants to be a Hog they want go back on their word.

Seebs

Quote from: ricepig on June 22, 2016, 02:45:53 pm

What caliper of patents are they?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on June 25, 2016, 08:04:37 am
What caliper of patents are they?

J'Rabb said they were leather patents...

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on June 25, 2016, 09:11:18 am
J'Rabb said they were leather patents...
For which there were no Byers ???  What caliper of a patent is that ???