Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sexton Ruled Ineligible

Started by chiefhawg, November 07, 2017, 08:11:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Fan701

Quote from: chiefhawg on November 07, 2017, 08:11:44 pm
Don't know if this has been posted but.....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21332699/collin-sexton-alabama-declared-ineligible-being-identified-federal-complaint
I guess this just makes official what many of us had thought would happen all along.  I have to say I've laughed a good bit when I've read recent articles about the resurgence of the SEC in basketball this year.  It's been clear for at least a month that that resurgence was based, at least in part, on cheating and was just a pre-season fantasy.  Two players widely touted as first-team All SEC, Sexton and Wiley, are already gone.  Auburn and Alabama basketball might be in big trouble.  Both were pegged as NCAA tourney teams pre-season.  Who will be next?  Will it go as far as Kentucky, whom it's hard not to be very suspicious of.  The newly surfacing troubles of Josh Pastner, a Calipari disciple and Cal's right-hand man in recruiting at Memphis, makes me even more suspicious.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fan701 on November 07, 2017, 08:47:15 pm
I guess this just makes official what many of us had thought would happen all along.  I have to say I've laughed a good bit when I've read recent articles about the resurgence of the SEC in basketball this year.  It's been clear for at least a month that that resurgence was based, at least in part, on cheating and was just a pre-season fantasy.  Two players widely touted as first-team All SEC, Sexton and Wiley, are already gone.  Auburn and Alabama basketball might be in big trouble.  Both were pegged as NCAA tourney teams pre-season.  Who will be next?  Will it go as far as Kentucky, whom it's hard not to be very suspicious of.  The newly surfacing troubles of Josh Pastner, a Calipari disciple and Cal's right-hand man in recruiting at Memphis, makes me even more suspicious.

What are you referring too with pastner in all of this?  I haven't seen his named mentioned, yet?

Edit: nvm I see no

Fan701

The_Iceman

That will take Alabama to the bottom of the SEC. Moves Arkansas up a spot.

outlawhogeywells

Wonder if Perry to M$U will draw any attention?  Rumor is he got $250k  Well or his family got $250k

bville_hog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 09, 2017, 04:00:18 pm
Wonder if Perry to M$U will draw any attention?  Rumor is he got $250k  Well or his family got $250k

Not with our luck, but yeah he should be ineligible.

MountieDawg

SEC!

Fan701

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 09, 2017, 07:32:28 pm
He was only suspended from their season open.  The calls of his dismissal were a little early.
Nope.  He's ineligible, as in he won't be on the court this season, barring a miracle.

brenthog

Buckle your seat belt! Buckle your seat belt! Buckle your seat belt!

hawgball40

Quote from: Fan701 on November 09, 2017, 07:54:02 pm
Nope.  He's ineligible, as in he won't be on the court this season, barring a miracle.
I believe he's referring to the latest report, with alabama releasing a statement that he only has to miss one game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21356182/alabama-crimson-tide-freshman-collin-sexton-serve-one-game-suspension

BadHog

Quote from: Fan701 on November 07, 2017, 08:47:15 pm

And let's not forget the Perry situation. More to that story.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

PORKULATOR

I love how teams with crooked recruits have to sit these guys but they're STILL RANKED AHEAD OF US.
Alabama and Auburn are caught. Drop em out of SEC favor, jeez. It rarely pays to be fair in college sports. Though our next year's honest class is unreal.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hawgball40

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 09, 2017, 08:25:09 pm
I love how teams with crooked recruits have to sit these guys but they're STILL RANKED AHEAD OF US.
Alabama and Auburn are caught. Drop em out of SEC favor, jeez. It rarely pays to be fair in college sports. Though our next year's honest class is unreal.
If the latest article is true it looks they won't be punished at all.

MakingPlays

https://twitter.com/BamaOnLine247/status/928784619411070976

LOL @ NCAA.  1 game suspension, that'll teach them.  NCAA has proven over and over they don't care about corruption and cheating as long as their bottom line looks good, it's so disgusting. 

Fan701

Quote from: MakingPlays on November 09, 2017, 09:45:57 pm
https://twitter.com/BamaOnLine247/status/928784619411070976

LOL @ NCAA.  1 game suspension, that'll teach them.  NCAA has proven over and over they don't care about corruption and cheating as long as their bottom line looks good, it's so disgusting.
Wow!  That's amazing.  His family gets paid, the guy who paid them gets fired, and the NCAA says one game suspension.  So, Alabama will pay almost no price for cheating!  It certainly gives them the incentive to keep cheating. I guess we'll have to continue to have our honestly assembled team face teams of quasi-pro players.  But, hey, basketball is the NCAA's only big money maker, and I guess overlooking the cheating will keep the money rolling in for them.  No wonder Reggie Perry decided he'd be a chump to come play for us when he can make big bucks playing for Miss. St.  I guess nothing is going to change.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Fan701 on November 09, 2017, 07:54:02 pm

Oooops... I guess it was a Christmas miracle... 
SEC!

Fan701