Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greetings from Pirate country

Started by EcuHeisman, December 09, 2009, 08:55:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: RedRock on December 10, 2009, 03:16:20 pm
It's a fact....East Carolina University is a nothing program.  Not trying to be rude, but truth hurts.  Outside of your town in NORTH Carolina, your program is nothing.  There are hundreds of directional schools and you are just one of them.

After this game you will be more of the same....nothing.  Since we found out we landed in the Liberty, we were hoping for Houston.  Instead, we got......a nothing school.  Your program is a mere starting point for coaches.  Kind of like UNC Wilmington or College of Charlston.  Again, not trying to be rude, but honest.

Playing a game like this will be devastating to your program.  Losing by 30-40-50 points on a national stage will set you back.  And your dreams of moving into a Sun Belt, Big East Conference will be done.  And you will still be......nothing. 

Again, truth is truth.  And East Carolina University = Nothing Program.

They are probably the best team in North Carolina this year.......they will not be another Eastern Michigan (which, come to think of it, was probably the best team in Michigan this year  ;D ;D ;D)

The Hogfather

Quote from: LedZepHog on December 10, 2009, 03:37:18 pm
They are probably the best team in North Carolina this year.......they will not be another Eastern Michigan (which, come to think of it, was probably the best team in Michigan this year  ;D ;D ;D)

North Carolina beat them this year.  You must mean they are probably the best team in East Carolina.  That's a state, right?

CharlottePirate

Quote from: Dropkick on December 10, 2009, 03:30:06 pm
Are you ECU fans working hard to get bus fare or are you going stay home in the trailer and watch on TV?

% of population with Bachelor's degree by state
ARK = 17.4%
NC = 23.8%

Literacy
NC = 82.3%
ARK = 81%

Avg income
NC = 32,247
ARK = 28,473

LZH

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 10, 2009, 03:39:51 pm
North Carolina beat them this year.  You must mean they are probably the best team in East Carolina.  That's a state, right?

Ain't it?    ???

I actually thought UNC lost...oh well... :-X

Dropkick

Quote from: CharlottePirate on December 10, 2009, 03:40:37 pm
ARK = 17.4%
NC = 23.8%

Literacy
NC = 82.3%
ARK = 81%

Avg income
NC = 32,247
ARK = 28,473

So you are watching it at the trailer then.

LZH

Quote from: Dropkick on December 10, 2009, 03:45:46 pm
So you are watching it at the trailer then.

With that kind of income, it's prolly a triple-wide.............niiiiice.

CabotHog87

Quote from: CharlottePirate on December 10, 2009, 03:40:37 pm
ARK = 17.4%
NC = 23.8%

Literacy
NC = 82.3%
ARK = 81%

Avg income
NC = 32,247
ARK = 28,473

Yeah we don't like to admit it but we've had some folks from ECU sneak into the state which has obviously brought our numbers down a little bit. I think I heard they were stowing away in the Boston Mountains.

hawgsav1

Quote from: CharlottePirate on December 10, 2009, 03:12:28 pm
I wont be a homer and say that wont happen. I could see a 14 point ARK win for sure. I just dont see the 4-5 TD advantage some on here seem to think is a guarantee.

It all depends on which team comes to play for us.  ECU is a salty team.  I remember when you guys beat VaTech to start the season last year, which was a pretty good win.  Holtz has done wonders for you guys, and you guys are a program on the rise.  Just going by the depth chart, you guys are big along the lines, and if you can get some push against our line, you might have a good day, as Mallett isn't that mobile.  I doubt you guys are able to get to Mallett enough to disrupt his rhythm, but I think you might have success stuffing the run, as our OL is good at pass blocking, but cannot open too many holes in the run game.  Your OL seems pretty big, with only one player under 300 lbs.  Our D-line, while talented, is horribly inconsistent.  They played lights out against Florida, but were absolutely terrible against Alabama and LSU.  Y'all have a good QB in Pinckney.  He'll probably light up our secondary for some yardage, but while our secondary does give up big plays, they are good at getting the take-away.  You guys seem a bit undersized at LB, with only one guy being listed above 220.  I have a feeling that if one of our guys (e.g. DJ or Wingo) is able to break into open space past your DL, they'll be able to go for big gain.  All in all, I think this will be a deceptively decent game.  I predict a final score of 35-27 Hogs.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

DieHardHawg42

I was actually relieved when ECU beat Houston.  Instead of having to watch Case Keenum face our secondary, we get to play ECU and watch yall struggle all the way down the field.  Houston scared me a little because its no secret that our secondary is soft.  But outside of the defensive line, I see nothing on your roster that scares me.  and as good as your defensive line is, they will not be able to defend Greg Childs on a fade route, tackle Joe Adams in the open field, or run stride for stride with Jarius Wright on the go route. That is your secondary's job.  I hope they are up for the challenge.  If your safeties try to double up on any of the forementioned recievers, DJ Williams will break free in the open field because no linebacker is going to lock down DJ.  We are not going to chunk it up 75 times either.  We have a slew of running backs that we use by commitee.   Trush me when I say, that no matter how good your defensive linemen are,  we have faced better. 

I dont mind talking football with the enemy, I've traveled to watch my hogs play many times.  Outside of a few drunken college kids, most of the opposing teams fans that I have tailgated with have the utmost respect for the Razorbacks.  I'm not going to bash your program.  ECU is a good midmajor team, that might pull an upset now and then and compete for the C-USA title every year.  That is until Skip decides to leave for greener pastures.  I doubt he retires at ECU.  And who knows, after he leaves, you could end up with another John Thompson(Who was a hell of a defensive coordinator here, not much of a head coach) and finish 1-11 and 2-9 in back to back seasons(which I might add that Arkansas has never achieved).

Remember this, when things go bad for Skippy on Jan 2nd he won't have his dad there to save the day and take over the playcalling. 

Don't you guys have a Nascar convention or something to go to instead of posting on our message boards all hours of the day and night.

85AHog

Y'all have a good QB in Pinckney.  He'll probably light up our secondary for some yardage
[/quote]

As pirate fans have stated themselves...Pinkney has regressed this year and I 100% believe that.  He looked horrible against Houston.  They run the ball. Period.  And there was a reason for it.  Pinkney is NOT good.

PeeDee

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on December 10, 2009, 01:01:51 pm
Quote from: Hummells Revenge on Today at 11:20:09 AM

Actually, you're wrong.  Tennessee recently offered ECU AD Terry Holland half a mill to come to Tennessee...Holland told them they could keep that half a mill and he'd give Tennessee a million to come back to Greenville for a 1:1.  Couldn't reach an agreement.

The ECU poster above is correct.  We don't do non-return games.  All our OOC games are home and home.

Can you provide a link to document the turn down of Tenn?

Quote from: CharlottePirate on Today at 11:23:39 AM

We are booked up through 2013 I believe. The series are South Carolina (2 in Columbia, 2 in Charlotte, 1 in Greenville), Navy (not sure of specifics), VT, WVU, UNC, NCSU, UVA, probably one or two more with App.

All are pretty even series as far as home, away goes.

Where can I find your schedules thru 2013 to confirm what you say?

I have asked two questions that you have ignored.  How about some answers for a change.

Here ya go piglet

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/m-footbl-future-schedules.html

PeeDee

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 10, 2009, 03:39:51 pm

I think you mean University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill beat us while we had 2 of our best dbacks out w/ injuries.. There are many school under the unc umbrella not just chapel hill pig

The Hogfather

Quote from: PeeDee on December 11, 2009, 09:59:56 am
I think you mean University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill beat us while we had 2 of our best dbacks out w/ injuries.. There are many school under the unc umbrella not just chapel hill pig

I just hope you'll be at full strength for the beating you'll take on January 2nd, so we don't have to hear all these lame excuses afterward.

Hog Fan n Tx

Quote from: PeeDee on December 11, 2009, 09:55:21 am

Here ya go piglet

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/m-footbl-future-schedules.html

Thanks for the link pee wee, but where does it show USCe or any other SEC school playing in your home stadium?  Also nothing about the claim that you turned down Tenn.

Try to do better next time pee wee.

PeeDee

Guess the other guy didn't know but we are playing them in charlotte

EcuHeisman

Quote from: Hog Fan n Tx on December 11, 2009, 10:12:02 am
Thanks for the link pee wee, but where does it show USCe or any other SEC school playing in your home stadium?  Also nothing about the claim that you turned down Tenn.

Try to do better next time pee wee.

Here are the details of the game against south carolina.....ill look for the tennessee document as well.

EcuHeisman

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 11, 2009, 12:30:03 pm
Here are the details of the game against south carolina.....ill look for the tennessee document as well.

forgot the link

http://www.ecupirates.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061507aaa.html

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: CabotHog87 on December 10, 2009, 03:33:17 pm
They're leaving in a few days.. They have to go by horse and wagon
Quote from: CabotHog87 on December 10, 2009, 03:33:17 pm
They're leaving in a few days.. They have to go by horse and wagon
Wave hello to John Boy when you leave Waltons Mountain

Dropkick

Who will coach yall in the Liberty Bowl if Skip bolts to UC or UK? I hope it doesn't happen, we have first hand knowledge of changing coaches prior to a bowl game.

EcuHeisman

Quote from: Dropkick on December 11, 2009, 02:39:54 pm
Who will coach yall in the Liberty Bowl if Skip bolts to UC or UK? I hope it doesn't happen, we have first hand knowledge of changing coaches prior to a bowl game.

skip has had these rumors every year he has been here, they follow good coaches....i highly doubt he would leave especially this year, he is building a great program at ecu right now...5 wins first year 7 second, 8 third, 9 fourth, and 9 this year...maybe a chance for 10

EcuHeisman

Quote from: EcuHeisman on December 11, 2009, 02:41:30 pm
skip has had these rumors every year he has been here, they follow good coaches....i highly doubt he would leave especially this year, he is building a great program at ecu right now...5 wins first year 7 second, 8 third, 9 fourth, and 9 this year...maybe a chance for 10

forgot to actually answer your question....my guess would be defensive coordinator greg hudson who has been linked to the fsu defensive coordinator job.

Dropkick