Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tough year=tough schedule

Started by mckinneyhog5, November 21, 2017, 01:31:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TCU was a winnable game if we came prepared and had decent coaching.Early season game and TCU was nothing more than an above average speed team.  We assisted them in making their season+ they have a durn good coach.  We have underachieved every year under this coach.  We did lose some players to injuries but we've had the same chance as every NCAA team to build depth, we've wasted that all along.  We use those rare times when we've been way ahead to use the subs to run time killing hander off football instead of going for the throat with the subs, fully expecting the subs to go play serious football.  MSU, after suffering through BAMA, was a winnable if we had an opportune team instead one fully expecting to lose.  SC should have been a toss up instead of a blowout.  MO should be ours this year but they won't.  They are a terrible team getting better and we are a terrible team staying terrible.  We should have won 7 with no blowout defeats but we are an uncoached, unconditioned, mental midget, losing attitude team and have been most of the past 6 years. 

dfwalumdad

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 10:39:27 pm
Because 1969, 1991, 1995 or any year in history is just like 2017.

son if that's what you need to believe then you go right ahead. all i can tell you is my expectation is more than four wins with 1 sec win and a hail mary come from behind to beat coastal carolina.

i think for some of us it "just means more".

but hey my man if this is working for you then more power to you. it obviously wasn't working for the BOT.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 21, 2017, 10:38:34 pm
What disappoints me about Bret Bielema is how completely his leadership failed. I had two things going into this season:

* The story from the insiders. Offensive line fixed, skill positions restocked, brilliant move to new defensive scheme. We were going to be an all-around balanced football team.

* The obvious number of moving parts. The offense's dependence on experience at wide receiver. A nagging doubt that the five best offensive linemen were ever going to get on the field, in the right positions. Shortage of players who fit in a 3-4 defensive scheme. Special teams, always.

I got sucked in enough by the insiders to believe that it - at least - was going to be fun to watch. It was never fun to watch. Not once. This Arkansas team was not ready to begin the season and got worse as its depth disintegrated.

This was the second consecutive season in which Bielema was totally mistaken about how ready his team was to play football. It looked as though players' development was ruined by putting them at the wrong positions, then being forced to rescramble the roster to address disasters. Nothing kills continuity more than poor leadership. Players cannot develop the skills and knowledge they need if the plan is in constant flux. What happened over and over - Coaches made poor decisions, players suffered for it, and coaches either were embarrassed into adjusting, or remained stubborn and kept on the wrong path.

The worst misfit about having Bielema at Arkansas was his Big Ten mentality, but not in the way you believe. Wisconsin is a fine university with high academic standards, in a conference full of similar schools. Big Ten teams do not have to persuade players that off-field performance standards should be high. Arkansas is not going to get that caliber of student playing football, sorry. If your head coach yanks players around because he doesn't like their study habits or degree of obedience, at Arkansas you're going to end up with many of the best players not playing. And Arkansas cannot afford to do that.

Bielema wrecked his team's chemistry with this never-settled conflict between those who sucked up to Coach and those who thought it was stupid to bench some of the best talent. It just so happens that this was a really bad season to have his team fall apart. Schedule was too difficult + exposed all the weaknesses early on.

It is hard to judge the talent level on the Arkansas roster after this gross mismanagement. Razorback football could improve simply from someone throwing out the conflicting standards, putting in sounds schemes, putting players at positions where they fit, and playing those who earn playing time with their ability. This football program was badly mismanaged by a head coach who seemed to be only partly engaged, overconfident, lacking a sense of urgency about serious problems, lacking a shred of self-discipline.

I hope enough players are left for the next coach to reassemble a team. Bielema was a bigger disaster than Bobby Petrino was, by far. Bielema was a fraud. The deeper he got into the SEC challenge, the slower he adjusted, the faster our opponents outflanked us with talent, schemes and game plans. Our time of being competitive against Alabama and capable of trading blows with LSU is long past. Bielema started falling behind last season and never recognized it. His inability to recognize the seriousness of his shortcomings makes his entire time at Arkansas seem like a scam.

Bret Bielema destroyed his own credibility, and that is why he has to go.
What "best talent" was benched by BB? Please don't bring up Hammonds because he was injured throughout the beginning of the year and was coming back from his second ACL surgery. Also, who moved him to RB from WR in the first place? Also, who's leaving the program besides maybe Ty? Surly bringing in another coach who doesn't bench the best talent will get them to stay, right?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 21, 2017, 10:44:17 pm
son if that's what you need to believe then you go right ahead. all i can tell you is my expectation is more than four wins with 1 sec win and a hail mary come from behind to beat coastal carolina.

i think for some of us it "just means more".

but hey my man if this is working for you then more power to you. it obviously wasn't working for the BOT.

Son, if you think I'm happy with this year ten bless your little heart. So, I guess your standard is at least 2 wins in the SEC? Mines a little higher than that sonny.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

go hogues

What disappoints me about Bret Bielema is how completely his leadership failed. I had two things going into this season:

* The story from the insiders. Offensive line fixed, skill positions restocked, brilliant move to new defensive scheme. We were going to be an all-around balanced football team.

* The obvious number of moving parts. The offense's dependence on experience at wide receiver. A nagging doubt that the five best offensive linemen were ever going to get on the field, in the right positions. Shortage of players who fit in a 3-4 defensive scheme. Special teams, always.

I got sucked in enough by the insiders to believe that it - at least - was going to be fun to watch. It was never fun to watch. Not once. This Arkansas team was not ready to begin the season and got worse as its depth disintegrated.

This was the second consecutive season in which Bielema was totally mistaken about how ready his team was to play football. It looked as though players' development was ruined by putting them at the wrong positions, then being forced to rescramble the roster to address disasters. Nothing kills continuity more than poor leadership. Players cannot develop the skills and knowledge they need if the plan is in constant flux. What happened over and over - Coaches made poor decisions, players suffered for it, and coaches either were embarrassed into adjusting, or remained stubborn and kept on the wrong path.

The worst misfit about having Bielema at Arkansas was his Big Ten mentality, but not in the way you believe. Wisconsin is a fine university with high academic standards, in a conference full of similar schools. Big Ten teams do not have to persuade players that off-field performance standards should be high. Arkansas is not going to get that caliber of student playing football, sorry. If your head coach yanks players around because he doesn't like their study habits or degree of obedience, at Arkansas you're going to end up with many of the best players not playing. And Arkansas cannot afford to do that.

Bielema wrecked his team's chemistry with this never-settled conflict between those who sucked up to Coach and those who thought it was stupid to bench some of the best talent. It just so happens that this was a really bad season to have his team fall apart. Schedule was too difficult + exposed all the weaknesses early on.

It is hard to judge the talent level on the Arkansas roster after this gross mismanagement. Razorback football could improve simply from someone throwing out the conflicting standards, putting in sounds schemes, putting players at positions where they fit, and playing those who earn playing time with their ability. This football program was badly mismanaged by a head coach who seemed to be only partly engaged, overconfident, lacking a sense of urgency about serious problems, lacking a shred of self-discipline.

I hope enough players are left for the next coach to reassemble a team. Bielema was a bigger disaster than Bobby Petrino was, by far. Bielema was a fraud. The deeper he got into the SEC challenge, the slower he adjusted, the faster our opponents outflanked us with talent, schemes and game plans. Our time of being competitive against Alabama and capable of trading blows with LSU is long past. Bielema started falling behind last season and never recognized it. His inability to recognize the seriousness of his shortcomings makes his entire time at Arkansas seem like a scam.

Hard to argue with that. Great post
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

dfwalumdad

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 10:47:07 pm
Son, if you think I'm happy with this year ten bless your little heart. So, I guess your standard is at least 2 wins in the SEC? Mines a little higher then that sonny.

given your post on this thread how could anyone come to any other conclusion.

your defense of bert is pathological does he owe you  money?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 21, 2017, 10:50:18 pm
given your post on this thread how could anyone come to any other conclusion.

your defense of bert is pathological does he owe you  money?
Are you the dad of a alumni or are you an alumni?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 21, 2017, 10:34:51 pm
i have no idea, all i can tell you is that only one coach has never won at least a single SEC game. even john l. won 2.

the law of probability would suggest that our next coach will do better.
Im doing my best to stay with you but you are drifting all over the road.  You started out by saying that people that dont think we can win in the SEC are losers.  Now your focused on CBB.  Yet my point is that we haven't done to well in the SEC to date except in spurts.  I think that continues and we will have peaks and valleys.  So when you say the next coach will do better I want to know what that means to you?  Clearly you are only comparing to this season and you have already counted the Mizzou game as a loss.  So what does this new coach need to do to be considered winning in the sec?  Is that consistently 5-3 or do we bump it up to Petrino numbers and say 6-2.  I guess where i'm going is when you say you have no idea, I believe you... But just know I hope your right and Im wrong.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 01:31:49 pm
W-L Record of the teams that we lost to.  60-17
3 teams ranked in top 10 and 5 ranked in top 20. Only team that we lost to not ranked. A$M who sits at 7-4.
Tough year to have a down year.

Tough year to have a coach in over his head...

PRJ

East Clintwood

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 03:01:56 pm
Never stated he should stay, just looking back at this season and how tough it was compared to last year.
Win % of SEC teams that beat us last year 59.6% includes Missouri
Win % of SEC teams that beat us this year 77.9% does not Include Missouri
We had a much tougher schedule this year.

According tao the Phil Steele Strength of schedule rankings, this is the easiest schedule Arkansas has played in the last 6 years.

2012  13th in the country
2013  2nd
2014  3rd
2015  2nd
2016  2nd
2017  32nd
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 21, 2017, 11:01:44 pm

According tao the Phil Steele Strength of schedule rankings, this is the easiest schedule Arkansas has played in the last 6 years.

2013  2nd
2014  3rd
2015  2nd
2016  2nd
2017  32nd
Interesting to say the least, you play 3 legit CFP contenders and your schedule is easier. 

HAM ELLIOT

This thread should hold the world record for the use of "Son" on a message board.

snoblind

Biggus nailed it in his last paragraph.  BB was a front man for Alvarez who runs the Wisconsin program.  We saw what kind of coach he actually is when he was on his own.     

Oklahawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 10:45:58 pm
What "best talent" was benched by BB? Please don't bring up Hammonds because he was injured throughout the beginning of the year and was coming back from his second ACL surgery. Also, who moved him to RB from WR in the first place? Also, who's leaving the program besides maybe Ty? Surly bringing in another coach who doesn't bench the best talent will get them to stay, right?

I'm not Biggus, but I'll try this:

The OL did not seem to be any worse with Rogers at OC than with Ragnow at OC. The disastrous events that occurred around the OC didn't seem to get worse, at least. So...maybe Rogers was good enough at OC to have allowed us to move Ragnow somewhere (anywhere!) to help. Like, maybe, oh...OT? AT least get us ONE who could play the scheme we insisted on playing.

Hedund vs Limpert?

Not going to argue that injuries didn't affect things.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 21, 2017, 11:01:44 pm

2013  2nd
2014  3rd
2015  2nd
2016  2nd
2017  32nd

Are those preseason rankings? Just asking because or OCC games were easier but in no way was our SEC schedule easier.

hawaiianhogster

Here's who I thought we should have beaten. All OF THEM. Reason is BB planned on it. That was BB bucket list. He was determined to beat Saban and win the SECT then take the national championship. Yet after 5 years BB might only have 1 SEC win.

I bet BB would bring us more wins next year but what would be the reason to believe he could win us an SECT then National Championship?

I don't hate BB. I like him. I think someone else should give it a shot.

Oklahawg

The rub to the "tough schedule" argument is that outside of A*M and MS State we have not played close SEC games we didn't win. I get the "good first half" argument and the fact you can't ever anticipate a record-setting (wasn't it?) effort vs USC-E where we gave up three touchdowns to the USC-E defense.

That is the disappointment for even the most ardent CBB supporters - all the good goes out the window when you factor in the failure to even compete against the top end of the conference the last two years.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 21, 2017, 11:20:03 pm

The OL did not seem to be any worse with Rogers at OC than with Ragnow at OC. The disastrous events that occurred around the OC didn't seem to get worse, at least. So...maybe Rogers was good enough at OC to have allowed us to move Ragnow somewhere (anywhere!) to help. Like, maybe, oh...OT? AT least get us ONE who could play the scheme we insisted on playing.

Hedund vs Limpert?

Hedlund was replaced after the second game of the year..Now the OL I have no idea because it was a mess. I just don't see coaches benching their best players when their job is on the line. But it was our biggest deficit for sure.

East Clintwood

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 21, 2017, 11:07:31 pm
Interesting to say the least, you play 3 legit CFP contenders and your schedule is easier. 

That 2017 number will be adjusted again at the end of the season so it'll change, but not all that much. The entire SEC west rankings went down due to the SEC being down do much this year. 

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 21, 2017, 11:20:03 pm

Hedund vs Limpert?

It's tons of stuff at many different positions. Jerking around all the tight ends. Never having the five best blockers on the field. Who gets practice reps vs. game reps at receiver, at running back. Random demotions of our best defensive player. Crap like that.
[CENSORED]!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 21, 2017, 11:22:31 pm
The rub to the "tough schedule" argument is that outside of A*M and MS State we have not played close SEC games we didn't win. I get the "good first half" argument and the fact you can't ever anticipate a record-setting (wasn't it?) effort vs USC-E where we gave up three touchdowns to the USC-E defense.

That is the disappointment for even the most ardent CBB supporters - all the good goes out the window when you factor in the failure to even compete against the top end of the conference the last two years.
For the last time..BB needs to go, no argument there. Just think that people who think that we are going to coach our way out of this may be in for future disappointment. How is our OL gonna improve next year if we don't have the players? If we don't get that sorted out gonna be a long year again. Do we have players I'm not aware of waiting in the wings? We do have some skill players and some young defensive talent but I'm still gonna be worried about OL.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 10:54:40 pm
Are you the dad of a alumni or are you an alumni?

i graduated from OBU went there to play football for buddy bob benson. my father graduated from the uofa  in 52 my son in 2017.

you got me junior.......i'm a t-shirt fan!

fyi buddy bob was part of the powder river play......google it junior!

let's just cut to the chase and riddle me this batman why are you defending him....i know you've said i'm not defending him but.........i'm defending him. is he related to you?

Oklahawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 11:23:57 pm
Hedlund was replaced after the second game of the year..Now the OL I have no idea because it was a mess. I just don't see coaches benching their best players when their job is on the line. But it was our biggest deficit for sure.

Yeah, and I need to acknowledge that I am pretty critical of folks who act like recruiting rankings or media hype (or coach hype) correlates strongly with on-field performance. Too much "slippage." So, let me ratchet up my self-critique.

Think about players that appear and then disappear. Gabe Richardson stripped a fumble that was a TD for Tolliver in game one. Don't know that I have seen him since. Karl Roessler appears then disappears for several games at a time. Hayden Henry goes "where's Waldo?" after having his name called a time or two in the first third of the season. Paul Ramirez at OT (shudder).

Are all of these injuries? Or, is there something behind the scenes that is wonky? How can you frantically move Dylan Hays all over the field (former walk-on, by the way) and have him PLAY at both DL and OL...but Jalen Merrick doesn't get a rep all year long save his work on the placement line for PATs and FGs?

Is there a logic to the RB rotation and their relative number of carries? Is this a gameplan decision, week to week? Seems really bizarre.

You have players who hobble around (thinking OL and some TEs, maybe a couple of safeties) and still play but we have others who don't see the field because they are dinged up.

All of this is like a giant game of minesweeper. Some of you still have that on your computer and play it (it is ok to admit, right?). You are guessing where the mines are and only getting a few clues. As more and more mines are revealed you start to see patterns and can guess more accurately. I think CBB is basically playing with a cleared board and we know that, for whatever reason, he has managed to make a sequence of colossal gaffes in building the team.  And fails to see what the mistakes really are. And any staffer who sees it somehow is rendered voiceless.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 21, 2017, 11:25:00 pm

That 2017 number will be adjusted again at the end of the season so it'll change, but not all that much. The entire SEC west rankings went down due to the SEC being down do much this year. 
The SEC is down this year? Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, SC and Miss State say hello.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 21, 2017, 11:30:12 pm
It's tons of stuff at many different positions. Jerking around all the tight ends. Never having the five best blockers on the field. Who gets practice reps vs. game reps at receiver, at running back. Random demotions of our best defensive player. Crap like that.

The more coach talks the more you see the crap revealed: twice this month we've had plays called but players on the field who hadn't repped them in practice. Hammonds on the swing pass TD vs Ole Miss and the 4th-and-2 throw to a jogging Pettway because Nance got hurt...running the wildcat. Just how many players rep the wildcat each week?

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 21, 2017, 11:33:25 pm
Yeah, and I need to acknowledge that I am pretty critical of folks who act like recruiting rankings or media hype (or coach hype) correlates strongly with on-field performance. Too much "slippage." So, let me ratchet up my self-critique.

Think about players that appear and then disappear. Gabe Richardson stripped a fumble that was a TD for Tolliver in game one. Don't know that I have seen him since. Karl Roessler appears then disappears for several games at a time. Hayden Henry goes "where's Waldo?" after having his name called a time or two in the first third of the season. Paul Ramirez at OT (shudder).

Are all of these injuries? Or, is there something behind the scenes that is wonky? How can you frantically move Dylan Hays all over the field (former walk-on, by the way) and have him PLAY at both DL and OL...but Jalen Merrick doesn't get a rep all year long save his work on the placement line for PATs and FGs?

Is there a logic to the RB rotation and their relative number of carries? Is this a gameplan decision, week to week? Seems really bizarre.

You have players who hobble around (thinking OL and some TEs, maybe a couple of safeties) and still play but we have others who don't see the field because they are dinged up.

All of this is like a giant game of minesweeper. Some of you still have that on your computer and play it (it is ok to admit, right?). You are guessing where the mines are and only getting a few clues. As more and more mines are revealed you start to see patterns and can guess more accurately. I think CBB is basically playing with a cleared board and we know that, for whatever reason, he has managed to make a sequence of colossal gaffes in building the team.  And fails to see what the mistakes really are. And any staffer who sees it somehow is rendered voiceless.
i really can't answer because I don't view practice and can't speak for why they don't play more unless it's disciplinary reasons. Of course being ex-military I believe in discipline. If people can't go by the rules, in my experience, they'll let you down when it counts. I believe BB knew he had to win this year and holding players out and playing favorites will be a hard lesson learned.

Oklahawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 11:46:10 pm
i really can't answer because I don't view practice and can't speak for why they don't play more unless it's disciplinary reasons. Of course being ex-military I believe in discipline. If people can't go by the rules, in my experience, they'll let you down when it counts. I believe BB knew he had to win this year and holding players out and playing favorites will be a hard lesson learned.

Somewhere I acquired the snazzy phrase, "you make your own luck."

CBB has had some really awful luck. But, as the phrase suggests, I suspect he failed to do the things behind the scenes that turn 50/50 plays in your favor.

Like the sound bites, like the fact that players and families believe in him. All of that is good. Didn't win games, sure, but more importantly...at Arkansas, you have to put yourself in a situation for some dumb luck to help you out.

Wild Bill Hog

3 teams ranked in top 10 and 5 ranked in top 20. Only team that we lost to not ranked. A$M who sits at 7-4.

Every year with Bozo Bert is a tough year.  Quit whining and making excuses for him.  He is incompetent.

Get over it.  It is what it is, and he is what he isn't.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 21, 2017, 11:52:12 pm
Every year with Bozo Bert is a tough year.  Quit whining and making excuses for him.  He is incompetent.

Get over it.  It is what it is, and he is what he isn't.
Good gravy man...Sorry it's impossible for me to stoop down to your level with the childness insults but I do believe he needs to go for like the 8th time. AGAIN, BB NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you comprehend that? Or do I need to repeat it again for you? I hope with the new coach you add something more to this board.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 02:32:11 pm
I'm not defending BB but looking at the schedule who SHOULd we have beat? Name the teams and explain why we should have won. You can scratch off Auburn and Alabama because one of them will be in the playoffs. TCU has lost 2 games and ranked 10.  SC? Nope LSU? Nope Miss State/A&M? maybe split 1-1. So, out of our losses take one out of the L column and add it to the W column.
Let's also say we add Missouri to the W column and we'd finish at 6-6. Still wouldn't be good enough for most. Not ranked in the top 25 to start year. Lost our #1 RB to retirement before season started. Didn't return any WR besides Cornelius, who went out with injury early second half of A&M game. AA goes down, Ragnow out for year and defensive injuries.
Like I said tough year to have all these issues go against you. Of course the SEC west is always tough but this year is unusually tough with Miss State playing lights out and add SC from the east to the mix. IMHO there was not anyway BB was going to survive this year but I don't know of many coaches that could have taken the same situation and got us to 8 wins.

Exactly!  The deal is, most of these people calling for Bret Beliema's head have hated him since his arrival.  They deny that there was year to year improvement until this year and now they pretend that every year was like this one.  It's all just their agenda.  They hate BB because he's not Bobby Petrino and because he was hired by Jeff Long.  They have also hated Jeff Long because he's from the north.  I don't know what that has to do with anything but, they hated him just the same.  There are perfectly good explanations of what has happened this year if you look at the big picture.  But that doesn't matter.  They hate BB, they have acted like children and insulted him personally, and it's all because they wanted a head football coach who was a slime ball because he won a lot of football games.  That's the bottom line.  They want a cheater, they want a slime, they want anything as long as the Razorbacks win a LOT of games.  Many have even said so.  No matter that Ole Miss cheated. . .A LOT. . .and yet still has nothing to show for it.  People want to cheat none-the-less.  I'm sorry it has come to this.  It's nice to see there is someone else who can see things as they are and not through hate tainted glasses.  Thank you!

East Clintwood

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 22, 2017, 12:17:58 am
Good gravy man...Sorry it's impossible for me to stoop down to your level with the childness insults but I do believe he needs to go for like the 8th time. AGAIN, BB NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you comprehend that? Or do I need to repeat it again for you? I hope with the new coach you add something more to this board.

You can repeat it all you want but them you turn around and post excuses for him.  Makes it hard to know which to believe.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 22, 2017, 12:39:59 am

You can repeat it all you want but them you turn around and post excuses for him.  Makes it hard to know which to believe.

These are good reasons, not excuses.  Every game I've watched this year, the analysts have pointed out the reasons for the bad season.  Only the people who hate BB can't see the big picture.  You're blinded by hate.  Seeing reality is not the same as making excuses.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 22, 2017, 12:39:59 am

I guess it takes less thought to just say "it's year 5 should have won more!" Take a man/woman who works at the NTSB at a crash site and they state "the plane crashed because it quit flying."
Some people like to investigate further into the details. I appreciate Oklahawg because he actually promotes discussion whereas most people lately just throw insults and unfounded rumors. Facts will always be facts just like BB's record here is not good. 

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 03:01:56 pm
Never stated he should stay, just looking back at this season and how tough it was compared to last year.
Win % of SEC teams that beat us last year 59.6% includes Missouri
Win % of SEC teams that beat us this year 77.9% does not Include Missouri
We had a much tougher schedule this year.

So maybe WE should have become tougher in five years. Oops we didn't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

niels_boar

When you lose games by -21, -26, -32, -32, and -23, I'm skeptical that rearranging the deck chairs was going to make a lot of difference in record.  Maybe we could have been more competitive.  For one thing the injuries on offense were going to wreck the best laid plans even if we came out of the gate with a fully optimized team. We know for certain what didn't work.  It gets a little more nebulous in determining what would have succeeded. 

In theory the lineups were at their worst against TCU, but that turned out to be one of our better performances, though it was immediately taken as a sign of the team's imminent doom.  We never improved at all, no matter what changes were made.  Of course, injuries may have derailed any changes in the positive direction.

I hope that I'm wrong, and the new coach can immediately mold what he has into a competitive team.  The right coach might be able to do something with what we have returning at the skill positions.  I'm not sure how we can lose Ragnow and expect major improvement in the O-line unless an infusion of talent arrives.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

farmhawg

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 22, 2017, 12:41:49 am
These are good reasons, not excuses.  Every game I've watched this year, the analysts have pointed out the reasons for the bad season.  Only the people who hate BB can't see the big picture.  You're blinded by hate.  Seeing reality is not the same as making excuses.
Jen, that you? Kinda weak.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hehawg

It's been a tough (5) years
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Wants2Win

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 22, 2017, 12:41:49 am
The reality is that the CBB era has been a disaster and it cannot end fast enough.

hehawg

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 22, 2017, 12:58:29 am
I guess it takes less thought to just say "it's year 5 should have won more!" Take a man/woman who works at the NTSB at a crash site and they state "the plane crashed because it quit flying."
Some people like to investigate further into the details. I appreciate Oklahawg because he actually promotes discussion whereas most people lately just throw insults and unfounded rumors. Facts will always be facts just like BB's record here is not good.

Not sure what you are trying to spin? The facts and stats are there for anyone to see. Saying a "tough year" is the equivalent of stating this is something new when in fact it's not. Under .500 over BB's tenure is unacceptable.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

farmhawg

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 23, 2017, 04:54:43 pm
The reality is that the CBB era has been a disaster and it cannot end fast enough.
This. He has tanked our program and for that he needs to be fired, ridiculed and ran out of town. Anyone that is the worst coach ever doesn't deserve our respect.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

JackTNHogfan

Excuses are like...

Never mind.  Bert is just not the right guy.  A better coach, despite the excuses, would have won at least 2 more games with a chance to win the 7th total tomorrow. 

My expectations are:

Bad years 6 wins
Average years 7-8 wins
Good years 9-10 wins
Great years 11+ wins

In a 10 year span, we should have 1 bad, 1 great, 3 good, and 5 average years.

HogBreath

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 02:32:11 pm
I'm not defending BB but looking at the schedule who SHOULd we have beat? Name the teams and explain why we should have won. You can scratch off Auburn and Alabama because one of them will be in the playoffs. TCU has lost 2 games and ranked 10.  SC? Nope LSU? Nope Miss State/A&M? maybe split 1-1. So, out of our losses take one out of the L column and add it to the W column.
Let's also say we add Missouri to the W column and we'd finish at 6-6. Still wouldn't be good enough for most. Not ranked in the top 25 to start year. Lost our #1 RB to retirement before season started. Didn't return any WR besides Cornelius, who went out with injury early second half of A&M game. AA goes down, Ragnow out for year and defensive injuries.
Like I said tough year to have all these issues go against you. Of course the SEC west is always tough but this year is unusually tough with Miss State playing lights out and add SC from the east to the mix. IMHO there was not anyway BB was going to survive this year but I don't know of many coaches that could have taken the same situation and got us to 8 wins.

The coach we had before CBB normally defeated the Auburn's, South Carolinas, Miss States and Aggies.  Try to keep up.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HogBreath on November 23, 2017, 07:57:45 pm
The coach we had before CBB normally defeated the Auburn's, South Carolinas, Miss States and Aggies.  Try to keep up.
Too bad he didn't appreciate what he had...

HogBreath

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 23, 2017, 08:42:04 pm
Too bad he didn't appreciate what he had...
You got it backwards, he appreciated it all very much.  It was all of those who were drunk on the Long on integrity drink who couldn't appreciate a top 5 program.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HogBreath on November 23, 2017, 08:54:07 pm
You got it backwards, he appreciated it all very much.  It was all of those who were drunk on the Long on integrity drink who couldn't appreciate a top 5 program.
Nah, this one is pretty indisputable.  In fact don't take my word for it just google Bobby Petrino and see what pops up.

hogcards

Great post.  100% spot on.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

jgphillips3

That is a mic drop post...outstanding!

CareBear

Very well said my friend!
The worst stretch of Hog football that I've ever seen in  the 42yrs. Amazing that Jeffy & Bert were able to extend the honeymoon for 4+yrs. It was a lazy hire. Jeffy had months, upon months to vet Bert thoroughly. He either did not do it or used the wrong sources. There was a helluva lot of info our there. I'm interested to see what comes out after he is gone. Players are not going to say anything while he's here. That's not a smart move. I wish him the best, but he has been a comically bad coach on every level. #truth

HogPharmer

Quote from: CareBear on November 23, 2017, 10:23:11 pm
Very well said my friend!
The worst stretch of Hog football that I've ever seen in  the 42yrs. Amazing that Jeffy & Bert were able to extend the honeymoon for 4+yrs. It was a lazy hire. Jeffy had months, upon months to vet Bert thoroughly. He either did not do it or used the wrong sources. There was a helluva lot of info our there. I'm interested to see what comes out after he is gone. Players are not going to say anything while he's here. That's not a smart move. I wish him the best, but he has been a comically bad coach on every level. #truth

Maybe Hammonds will pipe up and talk. Definitely won't hurt his playing time.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 23, 2017, 10:34:51 pm
Maybe Hammonds will pipe up and talk. Definitely won't hurt his playing time.

Expect a very long post from FOTH next week.
This is my non-signature signature.