Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting Tweet about our Bowl Possibilities

Started by WilsonHog, November 25, 2015, 03:10:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

@ChrisVernonShow: Been told Liberty Bowl list of wants (in order)- 1) Arkansas 2) Tenn 3) Miss St. and 1) Texas Tech 2) K State 3) WVU...

Hogarusa

I like Liberty Bowl possibility but those are 3 matchups that arent real exciting
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Potosihog

Ruh Roh.  If that happens it will be quite a game with lots of drama, much of which could happen in the pressers before and after the game.  It might set a record in scoring because both coaches would try to score a 100 on the other.

Atlhogfan1

Would prefer MCB vs ACC or B1G but Miss St loss reduced our leverage.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Großer Kriegschwein

You think CBB and Dingleberry would BS at midfield before the game? Or would it be:
This is my non-signature signature.

hogsanity

Nothing says blah like a lower tier bowl rematch of a game played 4 months prior.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

I don't care where we play, looking forward to an extra game this year.

Lake City Hog

ESPN has the Hogs either in the Belk Bowl against Duke or the Outback Bowl against Northwestern.
I would much rather see us in one of these matchups.

Here's what the experts say:

ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Belk Bowl vs Duke (Wednesday, December 30, 2:30 pm - Charlotte)

ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Outback Bowl vs Northwestern (Friday, January 1, 11:00 am - Tampa)

SB Nation: Liberty Bowl vs Kansas State (Saturday, January 2, 2:20 pm - Memphis)

Fox Sports: Liberty Bowl vs Kansas State (Saturday, January 2, 2:20 pm - Memphis)

CBS Sports: Texas Bowl vs West Virginia (Tuesday, December 29, 8:00 pm - Houston)

Bleacher Report: Music City Bowl vs Penn State (Wednesday, December 30, 6:00 pm - Nashville)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2015, 03:25:42 pm
I don't care where we play, looking forward to an extra game this year.
After that Sept, agreed. 
Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2015, 03:23:01 pm
Nothing says blah like a lower tier bowl rematch of a game played 4 months prior.

Yep.  Would prefer K St. if this is our option.  Hoping a win Fri makes us a little more appealing.  Hopefully Fl beats FSU and ends up in one of the major bowls and we have more options for placement. 

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 25, 2015, 03:34:16 pm
ESPN has the Hogs either in the Belk Bowl against Duke or the Outback Bowl against Northwestern.
I would much rather see us in one of these matchups.

Here's what the experts say:

ESPN (Mark Schlabach): Belk Bowl vs Duke (Wednesday, December 30, 2:30 pm - Charlotte)

ESPN (Brett McMurphy): Outback Bowl vs Northwestern (Friday, January 1, 11:00 am - Tampa)

SB Nation: Liberty Bowl vs Kansas State (Saturday, January 2, 2:20 pm - Memphis)

Fox Sports: Liberty Bowl vs Kansas State (Saturday, January 2, 2:20 pm - Memphis)

CBS Sports: Texas Bowl vs West Virginia (Tuesday, December 29, 8:00 pm - Houston)

Bleacher Report: Music City Bowl vs Penn State (Wednesday, December 30, 6:00 pm - Nashville)

Last I saw on CFN, MCB vs Duke I think. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogcard1964

I could actually see a Gator Bowl matchup with Wisconsin.

Kind of in between the Music City and Outback.

Großer Kriegschwein

We would do unspeakable things to K-State in a bowl game this year.
This is my non-signature signature.

ZERO

I guess I don't think the same way. I'd love another chance to show Texas Tech that they ain't shite. And another game vs. Kansas State would even up the all-time series if we won, so I'm all for that one. At the end of the day, I just want another Bowl win to end the season on a good note and to improve our dismal Bowl record.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

WilsonHog

I'd rather play West Virginia, just because we've already played Tech.

Steef

I'm selfish.

Belk bowl in Charlotte would be less than 2 hours from me.

But I want the Tarheels, not Duke.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Tom Bennett on November 25, 2015, 03:46:12 pm

Agree, but we're not going back to the Texas Bowl.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Tom Bennett on November 25, 2015, 03:46:12 pm

Would be interesting.  Don't like the matchup for our D. 

Quote from: steefhog on November 25, 2015, 03:49:02 pm
I'm selfish.

Belk bowl in Charlotte would be less than 2 hours from me.

But I want the Tarheels, not Duke.

UNC deserves better.  I'm there if so.  I would be for Charlotte. 

Lord of the Styes

That blocked field goal sure killed the bowl buzz. I was stocked up on sunblock.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on November 25, 2015, 04:05:18 pm
That blocked field goal sure killed the bowl buzz. I was stocked up on sunblock.
Quote from: code red on November 25, 2015, 04:05:06 pm
F the Liberty Bowl kick a fg were talking Orlando

We lost to Toledo and TT at home.  Go to Memphis or Charlotte and enjoy it. 

Svrdhd

Playing a passing team in our bowl could make this off-season much more uncomfortable. We didn't make much progress in that area this year.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

ricepig

Quote from: Svrdhd on November 25, 2015, 04:16:42 pm
Playing a passing team in our bowl could make this off-season much more uncomfortable. We didn't make much progress in that area this year.

Not really, it is what it is. It would be more practice against a passing/spread team with 9 of the players coming back.

SPAL

Quote from: Svrdhd on November 25, 2015, 04:16:42 pm

Not for me. As soon as that final whistle sounds, I'll turn my focus to baseball aand recruiting and eagerly anticipate August.

Uberanubis

you may not want this but I would not mind us getting another shot at them. I would like to redo 3 games, I'm sure you know which. the TT is definitely one of them.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Lord of the Styes on November 25, 2015, 04:05:18 pm

pretty sure that is why a lot of hogs fans were on here crying about the loss to MSU.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

JaketheSnake

ricepig

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 25, 2015, 04:47:44 pm
Is love another shot at Tech.

That's not what I would describe as "love," I'd prefer to play someone new, but I'll be there no matter who we play.

Danny J

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 25, 2015, 04:47:44 pm
Is love another shot at Tech.
If we are going to get a spread team in a bowl then there is no other team I would prefer over TTU. However I would prefer not to play a spread team in a bowl game.

Steef

I don't want another shot at Tech.

They still have a very mobile quarterback and last week proved we still aren't ready to stop one.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Danny J

Quote from: steefhog on November 25, 2015, 04:54:35 pm
I don't want another shot at Tech.

They still have a very mobile quarterback and last week proved we still aren't ready to stop one.
I would prefer not to play a spread team at all but IF we have to I would love another shot at TTU.

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Danny J on November 25, 2015, 04:54:32 pm
If we are going to get a spread team in a bowl then there is no other team I would prefer over TTU. However I would prefer not to play a spread team in a bowl game.

That's a good way of putting it.

pigroots

TT might score 50 on us but I think we'd still win. Would love it if CBB ran the score up on them just to shut their punk coach up. That matchup has the most sauce lest we're scared they'd beat us twice

elksnort

Penn State in the Music City Bowl would be my choice.

Rzbakfromwaybak

We would be much better off playing a running team.  We just gave up over 500 yds. passing in our last game....& our pass defense & secondary tackling has been below average all year.  Hopefully, next year.....we will have our pass defense geared up better, but for our bowl game this year...it's just not there.  We need to win this bowl game to help with our recruiting.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Mr. Porkleone

November 25, 2015, 08:54:52 pm #35 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:28:03 am by Mr. Porkleone
Memphis is a Dump zone. Hated the last visit. My Yukon was Jacked up  and tires stolen. Imagine the feeling. It's 20° and frigid and you get to truck and its sitting on its hubs. Im never going back.

MissippHog

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 25, 2015, 08:54:52 pm
Memphis is a Dump zone. Hated the last visit. My Yukon was Jacked up  and tires stolen. Imagine the feeling. It's 20° and frigid and you get to truck and its sitting on its hubs. Im never going back.
It's amazing so many of us have been able to survive here for so long......

PonderinHog

Quote from: MissippHog on November 25, 2015, 09:06:58 pm
I love Memphis, but somebody stole my car!

ricepig

Quote from: MissippHog on November 25, 2015, 09:06:58 pm

Yeah, I kid about Memphis a lot, but I make over an average of twice a month and never have any problems, more when the Grizzlies are playing.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2015, 09:10:46 pm
Yeah, I kid about Memphis a lot, but I make over an average of twice a month and never have any problems, more when the Grizzlies are playing.
Where do you park?  What kind of tires do you have?

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 25, 2015, 09:12:42 pm
Where do you park?  What kind of tires do you have?

I always park off of Front Street, some guy takes my keys and sometimes brings the car back. The tires are rubber.

TexomaRazorback

Wow, it's crazy that they were nice enough to leave t on blocks rather than drop it to the ground.  Really nice guys.

WilsonHog

I go to Memphis maybe twice a month to eat out. Like any city, there are places to stay out of, but I've never had a bad experience.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 25, 2015, 03:57:43 pm
Hogs beat mizzou they are liberty lock

Thanks Mr. Steve Ehrhart.

P.S. Your director of the Liberty Bowl.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tom Bennett on November 25, 2015, 09:39:19 pm
I go to Memphis maybe twice a month to eat out. Like any city, there are places to stay out of, but I've never had a bad experience.

I live in a suburb there. Just because you've never had a bad experience doesn't mean a LOT of people haven't, because they have.

The Liberty Bowl stadium is literally right on the edge of some really bad areas right south of and next to a really good area. It is the "buffer" zone.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawghiggs

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2015, 09:15:04 pm
I always park off of Front Street, some guy takes my keys and sometimes brings the car back. The tires are rubber.

Front street being west of the FedEx Forum it is a decent area. Try parking south or east and your car will be gone.

tophawg19

my feelings exactly . i wouldn't go back if they let me play. No decent parking , just an all around dump .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MissippHog

Quote from: TexomaRazorback on November 25, 2015, 09:21:22 pm
Wow, it's crazy that they were nice enough to leave t on blocks rather than drop it to the ground.  Really nice guys.
The picture that guy posted isn't even his Yukon.  Just Googled it and apparently it's a picture from a Virginia newspaper.

bvillepig

I also go to Memphis to eat about once a month and enjoy it.

However my wife and I landed at the Memphis airport after a trip to Cozumel one year.  I  took my luggage to my parking spot and found a pile of glass where the SUV used to be.  They found my vehicle about a month later trashed.