Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where would Hootie do us the most good?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, November 24, 2015, 08:10:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What SEC job would you most want to see go to our favorite coach?

South Carolina - open
16 (8.7%)
Missouri - open
28 (15.3%)
LSU - Hot Seat #1
58 (31.7%)
Auburn - Hot Seat #8
9 (4.9%)
Kentucy - Hot Seat #13
8 (4.4%)
A&M - Hot Seat #24
13 (7.1%)
Just stay by the phone Houston and wait for that call from Jeff Long ;-)
16 (8.7%)
Other
35 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 25, 2015, 06:17:08 am
Funny this thread popped up. I was just thinking that with all of the openings, I could see him landing somewhere next season.

The vote is going the way I thought it might.  After all what could be more natural than Houston Dale Nutt, chowing down on a pair of corndogs, one in each hand, at the Baton Rouge Sonic!

NaturalStateReb

Missouri. That game would mean something instantly.

Ain't happening though. Something about getting your last two bosses fired dims your job prospects.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Augustus

I picked LSU... because after what their AD & idiot boosters/fans are doing to him?  LSU deserves it.  I don't particularly like Les Miles, other than comic relief/soundbytes... but they are doing him wrong, IMO.  Especially the AD.

LSU has no idea what they're about to get themselves into.  I foresee a "Tenn - Derrick Dooley" era in their near future.

With that said, I'm not sure any SEC school would bite on Houston Dale.  Maybe a smaller P5 or G5 school may pick him up.

Also, I'm not sure Mark Stoops is in the hot seat at Kentucky.
1)  he beat his non-conf opponents this year (AHEM...),  with the Louisville game remaining
2)  he beat mizzou & SC, and Kentucky is not the worst in the East this year
3)  he played Florida & Auburn tough. 
4)  he has a recruiting pipeline to the State of Ohio, he has had better ranked recruiting classes than the Hogs, nationally

5)  most importantly, his buyout... I believe if they fire him before Dec 1st, 2017... they owe him 100% of his remaining contract (which would figure in up to the Teens of $Millions).  For a basketball school, that's a big chunk to boosters who are more interested in their Basketball program staying on top at the National level?

East Clintwood

Quote from: superior_wang on November 25, 2015, 11:11:24 am
why wasnt  hootie as manager of the Alma sonic an option?

What did the people of Alma ever do to you?

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Medic821

Last coach at Arkansas to go to  Atlanta??????

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Medic821 on November 26, 2015, 01:44:42 am
Last coach at Arkansas to go to  Atlanta??????

While this is true, you still deserve the smite I am going to give you for ignoring how he got there i.e. circumstances. And if he would have hired and retained i.e. let them do their thing a legit OC we would have won more bowls under him and possibly won one in Atlanta. His downfall is he fancied himself as an offensive playcaller. Something he is most definitely NOT.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Pig Worshipper

I think Gus Malzahn should return the favor, hire Houston as his offensive co-ordinator and then not let him call any plays.

That is, if Gus is still at Auburn next year.

It would also be great to see both Will Muschamp and Houston Nutt on the same sideline histrionically hopping around like a couple of fools during games.

Ironhawg

Quote from: tusked on November 24, 2015, 08:37:43 pm
Washing cars at a car wash.

No way.  He'd steal all the change in your ashtray and change all your radio presets just for fun.

Kendall

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 24, 2015, 08:40:41 pm
Hmmm, would you let Houston Dale Nutt wash your car?

Only if my car was the color of the helmet because we all know he loves that helmet.  I think he would take care of my car then unless it was a five star QB then he would neglect it and over the next 4 years it would start to play I mean run like crap.

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: The Divine Swine on November 26, 2015, 03:42:18 am
While this is true, you still deserve the smite I am going to give you for ignoring how he got there i.e. circumstances. And if he would have hired and retained i.e. let them do their thing a legit OC we would have won more bowls under him and possibly won one in Atlanta. His downfall is he fancied himself as an offensive playcaller. Something he is most definitely NOT.

To be fair, Reggie Fish cost us that SEC title, Nutt had us in position to win it , and circumstances ? That's something stupid that people who don't understand football say. EVERY team has circumstances that give them an opportunity to win.