Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where would Hootie do us the most good?

Started by Locutus_of_Boar, November 24, 2015, 08:10:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What SEC job would you most want to see go to our favorite coach?

South Carolina - open
16 (8.7%)
Missouri - open
28 (15.3%)
LSU - Hot Seat #1
58 (31.7%)
Auburn - Hot Seat #8
9 (4.9%)
Kentucy - Hot Seat #13
8 (4.4%)
A&M - Hot Seat #24
13 (7.1%)
Just stay by the phone Houston and wait for that call from Jeff Long ;-)
16 (8.7%)
Other
35 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Locutus_of_Boar

There's opportunity in chaos and there's going to be a lot of coaching chaos in the SEC this winter.  Football is just more fun when HDN is in the process of getting fired somewhere.

(notOM)Rebel123

Forget football....I say Mizzou gymnastics.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Nashville Fan

I don't want to win that bad. It is criminal what he does to a program.
Pittman or Bust!

Hawghiggs

Iowa state. He is good enough recruiter to hurt Mizzou and he is just lucky enough to win against Oklahoma or Texas.

Smokehouse

I just voted as if the question was "which school would we like to have the worst hire?" I voted A&M, so any progress they've made lately would be shot down. I think it's best if Auburn stays respectable while Saban is at Bama so Bama has some more competition for in state recruits (to whatever extent that actually slows them down.)
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

LZH

How 'bout standing in the median somewhere in the Midwest holding a sign that says "will kiss ass for attention"?

Locutus_of_Boar

I voted LSU.  LSU is always as potentially good as Bama and Nutt would waste talent and fail to develop quarterbacks otter than any other coach is America.  He'd drive a lot of good Louisiana recruits north of the border too.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: tusked on November 24, 2015, 08:37:43 pm
Washing cars at a car wash.

Hmmm, would you let Houston Dale Nutt wash your car?

hawgwash

Mr. Porkleone

Aporkalypse Now

Houston Nutt owns some of yall's heads to an unprecedented extent.

LZH

I just have to ask this, why the f*** is he even in this conversation in the first place?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Working as a janitor in the bowels of barnhill arena cleaning tom penders' tanning bed.

The Boar War

Quote from: Aporkalypse Now on November 24, 2015, 09:15:20 pm
Houston Nutt owns some of yall's heads to an unprecedented extent.

Living there rent free.

yraciv

If they ever want this Mizzou rivalry to heat up, he should end up there.

thefisher

It would also be a great option for him to replace Charlie Strong at Texas. Although, that typically might help A&M, TT, & TCU more than the Hogs. However, long held hatred of Texas doesn't die easily. So ..... as a non SEC contender I would submit Texas.  There is a place he could do sum peeeple heepin'.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

jgphillips3

Hey, Saban recommended Nutt to LSU when he went to the Dolphins.  I think it's time for LSU to correct their error and hire Nutt.

PonderinHog

Mean Machine! Mean Machine! Mean Machine! Mean Machine!

RazorChuck

I think Hootie should be in another country,( coaching tether ball to monkeys), maybe Karakistan?

Bubba's Bruisers

Play the 3rd stooge in those Sonic commercials. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Everbody sure thought he was something back in the day, though.  Then everbody soured up on him.  We sour up on everybody at some point.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Inhogswetrust

I don't even think he is qualified to be the manager of the Alma Sonic.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

elksnort

elksnort

Quote from: OTR on November 24, 2015, 10:09:34 pm
Everbody sure thought he was something back in the day, though.  Then everbody soured up on him.  We sour up on everybody at some point.
haaa! You aren't kidding.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OTR on November 24, 2015, 10:09:34 pm

Most knew he was "something" alright...................but a coach was not it..........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Justifiable Hogicide

Nobody's that desperate (or delusional).
He's not getting a job coaching.

hawgXi

Quote from: thefisher on November 24, 2015, 09:28:05 pm
It would also be a great option for him to replace Charlie Strong at Texas. Although, that typically might help A&M, TT, & TCU more than the Hogs. However, long held hatred of Texas doesn't die easily. So ..... as a non SEC contender I would submit Texas.  There is a place he could do sum peeeple heepin'.

That's actually a pretty accurate assessment, fish

redeye

I was tempted to say LSU, but two things: 1) I have no interest in playing him every year and having him take out his grudge against Arkansas.  He's actually very good in grudge games.  2) Give him some great recruits and he can be tough to beat.  He'd get those recruits at LSU, even though he'd still struggle to win a SEC Championship.

That's why I picked South Carolina.  We no longer play them, he'd struggle to recruit great there and it would destroy all the hype South Carolina receives for hiring legendary coaches.  I really don't have any interest seeing him coach anywhere in the SEC, but I wouldn't mind South Carolina, just because I'm sick of the respect they've received for Holtz and Spurrier.

The Divine Swine

I would be very surprised if Nutt ever coaches a P5 school again. Reason I say this is because I believe Nutt was finally exposed for the caliber of coach he really is. Not only did he flame out miserably at ole miss, Petrino proved to the world that Arkansas can be a winner. Petrino turned out to be an idiot for other reasons, but he had us winning big. That proved that Nutt underachieved in his 10 years at Arkansas. Most people know Nutt is not a good coach because he refuses to let go of the play calling. He is grossly inept as a play caller, yet he believes the opposite.

He will probably never coach a P5 school again.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Potosihog

Missouri.  Sure way to make the Battle Line Rivalry a real rivalry and still win consistently.  We have seen how CBB does against Hootie even when he had his greatest talent.

Sivad

MOTHO, Danny, Leatherface Diana, HagNutt, H3, Teresa, the MSM, and the whole sorry "Nutt Family Posse" as Leatherface called them allowed another time to excoriate an SEC team? No matter how much we dream - not a chance.

The Great Hambino

hogcard1964

Funny this thread popped up. I was just thinking that with all of the openings, I could see him landing somewhere next season.

1highhog

I voted other.  He should go join ISIS and have a bomb from no less a pilot flying a bomber that just happens to be from Arkansas and is a Razorback fan born and bred, drop right on him and Danny both as they're doing their job of supplying the ISIS fighters with Sonic runs.

Mr. Porkleone

Hootie be great man anger at "We got dat wood lumber mill of MLK"

hawganatic

Quote from: LZH on November 24, 2015, 09:16:16 pm
I just have to ask this, why the f*** is he even in this conversation in the first place?

Because bashing on a coach that hasn't been here in 8 years is what the cool kids do on Hogville...

DeltaBoy

SC cause I don't want to see him every year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

yraciv

Quote from: 1highhog on November 25, 2015, 08:09:28 am
I voted other.  He should go join ISIS and have a bomb from no less a pilot flying a bomber that just happens to be from Arkansas and is a Razorback fan born and bred, drop right on him and Danny both as they're doing their job of supplying the ISIS fighters with Sonic runs.

Was this supposed to be humorous?

superior_wang

why wasnt  hootie as manager of the Alma sonic an option?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Paul Swinebaum

He would be a pretty good Urinal Cake Technician at WMS.

westside_player

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: OTR on November 24, 2015, 09:19:52 pm
Working as a janitor in the bowels of barnhill arena cleaning tom penders' tanning bed.

Concur. Along with his custodial duties, he should probably take on the task of keeping Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head in check.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Inhogswetrust

ZERO

Houston to Houston would be good, IMO. Herman is gone after this season, and Nutt is a good enough coach to make it and win big at a directional school. He's just not good enough for an SEC program (or most P5 programs, really).

Edit: I just realized the topic question is where Hootie would do us the most good, not just the most good. Disregard my stupid opinion.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

The real Hogules

It'd help us out the most if HDN were the head coach at Bama.
Just sayin...........
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Sivad

Quote from: Paul Swinebaum on November 25, 2015, 01:29:33 pm
He would be a pretty good Urinal Cake Technician at WMS.
But they would have trouble with Danny eating them.