Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poaching LSU's Staff?

Started by ronsooie, November 24, 2015, 07:20:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ronsooie

If the domino's begin to fall in Baton Rouge how about we invite Ed Orgeron to come north? Discuss . . .
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result."

ricepig

MissippHog

I'm more interested in poaching a few of their recruits to be honest. 

Hog in MO

I'm happy with the staff as is.  I think what we need more than anything is some continuity so these players don't have to keep adjusting to different coaches every year. That's tough to do this day and age, but its worth more than many realize.

FANONTHEHILL

I'm with MissippHog,  attack their commit list.  They always have a world of talent.  If their staff has allowed there current players to underachieve, we don't want part of that staff here.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

GoHogs1091

I am really happy that Jemal Singleton is our Running Backs Coach, but if we could get Frank Wilson (LSU's RB Coach) on our Staff in some capacity, then it would tremendously benefit our recruiting.

Wilson is probably the 2nd best recruiter in the Conference after Nick Saban.

reddogjcss

I just want to poach there recruits

Hawghiggs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 24, 2015, 07:47:11 pm
I am really happy that Jemal Singleton is our Running Backs Coach, but if we could get Frank Wilson (LSU's RB Coach) on our Staff in some capacity, then it would tremendously benefit our recruiting.

I'm with you.

regi

Would like to have Coach O, and Corey Raymond. Both great recruiters and Raymond would be a huge upgrade as a secondary Coach.

BPsTheMan

Ed Orgeron the great D-line coach that got his ass whipped by the Hogs this year

Frank Wilson the "great recruiter" who put together the talent that got it's ass whipped by the Hogs the last two years

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 24, 2015, 09:34:25 pm
Ed Orgeron the great D-line coach that got his ass whipped by the Hogs this year

Frank Wilson the "great recruiter" who put together the talent that got it's ass whipped by the Hogs the last two years
Well then. I guess that settles that.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

presidenthog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on November 24, 2015, 09:42:37 pm
Well then. I guess that settles that.
It really doesnt. the only people on our staff who are good recruiters are coach michael smith and Sam Pittman. every other staff in the sec has 7 just like them. we have 2.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: regi on November 24, 2015, 08:58:44 pm
Would like to have Coach O, and Corey Raymond. Both great recruiters and Raymond would be a huge upgrade as a secondary Coach.

I dunno, Oregano always seemed a bit shady to me.

yraciv

Sed76

If they have someone who can teach basic fundamental tackling then sure since that seems to be a issue.

presidenthog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 24, 2015, 10:20:43 pm
idc about coach O being shady. all I care about is if he can bring us some men in the trenches.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: presidenthog on November 24, 2015, 10:30:05 pm
idc about coach O being shady. all I care about is if he can bring us some men in the trenches.

Yeah but will CBB care?

PonderinHog

Leave the coaches.  Take the recruits.

redeye

Wilson's the guy LSU fans always talk about as their best recruiter.  If he's as good as they say, we'd clean up in Louisiana with him on our side.

razorsharptusk

My guess is Lane leaves bama, hooks back up with coach O at one of the many openings there will be this year.
GO HOGS!!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: presidenthog on November 24, 2015, 10:18:37 pm
It really doesnt. the only people on our staff who are good recruiters are coach michael smith and Sam Pittman. every other staff in the sec has 7 just like them. we have 2.

according to who?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 24, 2015, 10:20:43 pm

Ed Orgeron is a dirt bag, and if the NCAA had any moral compass, he would have been suspended from coaching at the NCAA level years ago

1highhog

Please let LSU keep the Mad Hatter, gives us and almost guaranteed win every year.

BPsTheMan

Ed Orgeron is the most hyped up overrated POS in the history of college football

What did he do for LSU this year, or USC during his second stint there, or Tennessee? Nothing. They sucked.

He's never been a coordinator, but bullsh*tters will swear to you that he's a "defensive genius"

His first stint at USC was with Paul Hackett, who was fired. Nice resume there. Then Pete Carroll kept him. So he was lucky that Carroll kept him. And of course he was a big part of getting USC on probation. Rode Carroll's coat tails like he road the Miami Hurricane's coat tails years earlier.

Scum bag at Ole Miss, loser at Ole Miss, tried to poach Tulane players after Hurricane Katrina

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jackflash

Like our staff as it is. Don't think they will any change unless the are offer a better job

hoglady

LSU can keep their staff - just give us some of those waivering verbal commits.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: presidenthog on November 24, 2015, 10:18:37 pm

Total garbage.

So many armchair experts around here. Arkansas is one of the hardest recruiting jobs in the league behind only Vandy and MAYBE Kentucky. If you don't understand why, then that explains your above comments.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

rmcchris

Ed's response: Whodatarkyboycanplayasomefoosball.  Imitetakeuponthatboysomday.  Press conferences would be fun again!

Danny J

Quote from: hoglady on November 25, 2015, 01:35:57 pm
LSU can keep their staff - just give us some of those waivering verbal commits.

presidenthog

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on November 25, 2015, 01:59:29 pm
Total garbage.

So many armchair experts around here. Arkansas is one of the hardest recruiting jobs in the league behind only Vandy and MAYBE Kentucky. If you don't understand why, then that explains your above comments.

No its not garbage and I know fully how hard it is to recruit here and I understand the locational problems and the demographic problems associated with recruiting to arkansas.

Pittman gets 4 stars here. Michael Smith gets kids from LA a place we have historically had trouble with. devin white has said If smith was our running backs coach he would already be committed here. it isn't garbage. if some members of our staff can get big time players to look and consider us and others can't it is 110% obvious they aren't near as good of recruiters as other coaches on other teams. I'm sure you thought Joel Thomas was amazing at recruiting he just couldnt get a single running back to even consider us because we are poor wittle arkysaw. hogwash. you don't understand recruiting. I can tell you those 2 are easily the best recruiters we have and it isn't even close. clay Jennings is as a damn fine coach and an above average recruiter. the rest are average.

elksnort

Maybe I ask how you know this about Frank Wilson?

presidenthog

Quote from: elksnort on November 25, 2015, 05:43:11 pm

the running backs coach on most staffs is usually the best recruiter on your staff because they have the least "coaching" to do. also just go back and look at LSU's recruiting classes. look to who thier recruiter is. I'm sure frank wilson is the one recruiting the biggest name guys for LSU.

elksnort

Quote from: presidenthog on November 25, 2015, 05:46:27 pm
the running backs coach on most staffs is usually the best recruiter on your staff because they have the least "coaching" to do. also just go back and look at LSU's recruiting classes. look to who thier recruiter is. I'm sure frank wilson is the one recruiting the biggest name guys for LSU.

Reasonable answer.

presidenthog

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 25, 2015, 07:48:38 am
according to who?

is it hard that one look at guys we recruit, look at their star ranking, look who thier main recruiter is? if you pay attention to recruiting at all its not hard to see which coaches are putting in work and getting results and which ones arent.

presidenthog

Quote from: elksnort on November 25, 2015, 05:53:36 pm
Reasonable answer.

Its one of the reasons Wildhog wanted Joel fired. that dude, while was good enough of a coach to go to the NFL, had 0 interest or drive to spend his time talking teenager, developing relationships and getting guys to come to the university of Arkansas.

Darren DeLoach

Thomas? He simply could not recruit to Arkansas; not everyone can. Kevin Wilson has crazy deep ties into Louisiana high school football. Using him as an example of what can be done here is asinine. Every "top" recruiter is located in fertile territory and has similar connections into their prospective territory. All of these guys from Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and even South Carolina and Missouri have talent bases we do not possess. Kiffin at Ole Miss appears to be a strong recruiter pulling in players from various places, but he seems similar to one John Blake of Oklahoma and North  Carolina fame.  Partridge, the carry over from Wisconsin, was an amazing recruiter, and is a similar talent as the guys we currently have on staff. 

And I have no  inferiority complex in regards to our program. We put as much money into recruiting as many if the national powerhouses. But it takes a special sort of coach to recruit at a high level nationally to Arkansas. And until now, it has never been done. So to say this staff is average is simply untrue.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Hawk

I don't want any of their staff. Starting with Les, they are a poorly disciplined team throughout. I think the staff has absorbed Les' penchant for "team votes" and I much prefer the way CoachB handles his business here.

LAHOG1962

I would take Frank Wilson in a heartbeat. He is a good guy, a very good coach and a great recruiter.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: LAHOG1962 on November 25, 2015, 07:39:44 pm
I would take Frank Wilson in a heartbeat. He is a good guy, a very good coach and a great recruiter.

And I agree with you on all points...if there is an opening and he fits then it's a no brainer.

ChicoHog

Quote from: redeye on November 24, 2015, 11:08:06 pm
Wilson's the guy LSU fans always talk about as their best recruiter.  If he's as good as they say, we'd clean up in Louisiana with him on our side.
He has New Orleans mostly locked down for LSU.  He worked for Oregeron at Mississippi I think when Ed was the HC there and then moved back to LSU.  He was a long time HS coach in New Orleans and has endless connections. 

LAHOG1962

You are correct. Nobody can recruit New Orleans like Frank.

LZH

I hate what Missouri has gone through lately, I really do. I hope that those in charge as well as those students who are on the front lines can make everything work out for everyone.

But otherwise, this is SEC football and we don't give a s*** about your problems. I hope we beat Mizzou by 40 points. Screw them, I never liked them anyway.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on November 25, 2015, 09:41:30 pm
I hate what Missouri has gone through lately, I really do. I hope that those in charge as well as those students who are on the front lines can make everything work out for everyone.

But otherwise, this is SEC football and we don't give a s*** about your problems. I hope we beat Mizzou by 40 points. Screw them, I never liked them anyway.
The sooner we shut them up, the better.

LZH

How 'bout we poach some of their recruits?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: elksnort on November 25, 2015, 05:43:11 pm

From his Bio.

"In six years as LSU's recruiting coordinator, Wilson has engineered signing classes that have ranked among the top 10 in the nation five times, including the No. 2 rated class in 2014. LSU's 2014 signing class featured the consensus No. 1 rated player in the nation in Leonard Fournette and the No. 1 rated wide receiver (Malachi Dupre). LSU had the No. 6 rated class in 2011 and the seventh-ranked class in 2013 and the No. 8 ranked class in 2015. Wilson was named as the 2011 Recruiter of the Year by Rivals.com."

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28715&SPID=2164&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=204845550&Q_SEASON=2015

ADavisTheGOAT

I'd imagine their new coach would do everything to keep Frank Wilson.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

elksnort

So this Frank Wilson guy recruits Louisiana players well while at LSU. Could he do this when at Arkansas?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 26, 2015, 04:18:19 pm
From his Bio.

"In six years as LSU's recruiting coordinator, Wilson has engineered signing classes that have ranked among the top 10 in the nation five times, including the No. 2 rated class in 2014. LSU's 2014 signing class featured the consensus No. 1 rated player in the nation in Leonard Fournette and the No. 1 rated wide receiver (Malachi Dupre). LSU had the No. 6 rated class in 2011 and the seventh-ranked class in 2013 and the No. 8 ranked class in 2015. Wilson was named as the 2011 Recruiter of the Year by Rivals.com."

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=28715&SPID=2164&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=204845550&Q_SEASON=2015

who kicked their ass two years in a row?

BPsTheMan