Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Calling It Now

Started by NaturalStateReb, November 24, 2015, 03:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Arkansas will kill Mizzou.  I think they win by 30+ points.  Mizzou is terrible, the team has been a campus flash point, and Arkansas is looking to make a statement win for bowl selection.  To me, it's a perfect storm for a Razorback blowout of the Tigers.

This one's over by halftime.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

East TN HAWG

Mizzou is averaging 8 points per game against the SEC. We are averaging 35 points against the SEC.  I'm calling it final 35 to 8 us.  Mizzou defense is fairly decent.  They allowed 31 against MS St, but generally its about 20 points. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Weather conditions could make it interesting.  Or at least somewhat competitive.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogFansReunited

I agree, I don't think this one will even be close.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

OLDHOG

We should but that doesn't mean we will.

go hogues

No lead is safe with this team. Probably closer than many expect.

We'll win and go bowling in Memphis or Nashville.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Augustus

I think mizzou players will be amped for this game, just because of the whole Pinkel situation. 

Their DE's are scary, but past that there's not much to their team that worries me.

I think they play hard but in the end we roll over them by at least 17 points.

Hogsfan1981

I was worried about Miss State and I am worried about this one but for different reasons.

They are playing for a bowl game...they are playing for their coach.

They have a good defense when it shows up. Teams are not running up scores on them.

We are coming off a hard loss and a win won't make much a difference in how our year ends. Won't effect bowl selection.

We come out flat and we will have a game on our hands.

Hopefully CBB gets his group together this week.

We will see.

elviscat

They have a great defense but have trouble on offense. They gave MS all the wanted and more. It was a tough game for state and they tagged Dak very hard and often.
This game will not be a cake walk by any means. They have a defensive end that is holy terror, I just hope he doesn't nail BA. It would be lights out. The guy is a freak.

regi

I think we win, but I just can't see a blow out with how poorly our back 7 is playing. It goes against everything SEC. 34-21 Hogs.

HangTenHog

If we can get to the freshman QB, it's lights out! I have a feeling that for the second time this year, our DL will put pressure on the little kid and rough him up. The offense will be the offense. So, I also think it will be a blow out.

It better be, I'll be at a brat and beer house in Santa Barbara, CA calling the hogs upstairs. Generally, I do more beer than brats though. :)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HangTenHog on November 24, 2015, 05:43:34 pm
If we can get to the freshman QB, it's lights out! I have a feeling that for the second time this year, our DL will put pressure on the little kid and rough him up. The offense will be the offense. So, I also think it will be a blow out.

It better be, I'll be at a brat and beer house in Santa Barbara, CA calling the hogs upstairs. Generally, I do more beer than brats though. :)

The offense probably won't be the offense if it's poor weather conditions.  That's the potential equalizer this weekend.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pigsknuckles

Rooting for Hedlund to be the hero.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ricepig

jgphillips3

We will win.  We will probably win comfortably.  I think this will be a 42-17 type game if our players are still pissed about the MSU loss and want to take it out on someone.

hawgwild child

Their averaging 7pts in SEC play on the road. I think we win 31-13.  They have a great pash rush, but that's what we do best and BA is playing lights out.  I think they will get in our redzone but will hold them to FGs. Our D has been bad but their Offense is just as bad

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on November 24, 2015, 05:09:08 pm
I was worried about Miss State and I am worried about this one but for different reasons.

They are playing for a bowl game...they are playing for their coach.

They have a good defense when it shows up.
we need to crush their dreams
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TheRazorback500

Never. Underestimate. Your. Opponent.

I've watched a lot of Mizzou games this year-their D is badass. Protecting BA is a must.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

STLhawg

Quote from: Augustus on November 24, 2015, 04:54:58 pm
I think mizzou players will be amped for this game, just because of the whole Pinkel situation.
They weren't amped last weekend playing at home (even with it being their senior day).  Not sure why they'd get up more for this game.

regi

Every SEC team we have played, has had their best passing day of the season against us in total yards. That is almost impossible to do. Mizzou will do the same. This will not be a blow out.

If Bret walks into Long's office and asks for a raise for any of his defensive assistants or himself, Long should long should laugh him out the door.

Country Stylz

Every time we underestimate Mizzu, we end up p*ssed as hell. Y'all can say it isn't a rivalry if you want to...but I hate these sum b*tches.

Locutus_of_Boar

Yes, but they've already had their carry coach off the field moment and the staff is hunting jobs this week.  They may get a bowl bid even at 5-7 and nobody really seems to want a bowl.  The new hire will happen very soon and that is another distraction for the team.  Arkansas hasn't had a win over a power five team at home this year and I suspect everyone want to send BA and the seniors out on a high note.  Mizzou will have to grab the lead because if they get behind like last year I don't see them fighting their way back.  I'd say this is the sort of game that ends up about 31-17.

hawgwash

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 24, 2015, 08:52:02 pm
Yes, but they've already had their carry coach off the field moment and the staff is hunting jobs this week.  They may get a bowl bid even at 5-7 and nobody really seems to want a bowl.  The new hire will happen very soon and that is another distraction for the team.  Arkansas hasn't had a win over a power five team at home this year and I suspect everyone want to send BA and the seniors out on a high note.  Mizzou will have to grab the lead because if they get behind like last year I don't see them fighting their way back.  I'd say this is the sort of game that ends up about 31-17.
While Auburn isn't very good, they ARE a power 5 team.

Dropkick

Quote from: hawgwash on November 24, 2015, 08:59:48 pm
While Auburn isn't very good, they ARE a power 5 team.
that is the kind of crap that drives me crazy. People making statements as fact that are not even. Dayem!

jacobp

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on November 24, 2015, 08:46:30 pm
Never. Underestimate. Your. Opponent.

I've watched a lot of Mizzou games this year-their D is badass. Protecting BA is a must.

They've played two offenses ranked in the top 50 all season. They squeaked past Arkansas State and Mississippi State thumped them. Dak threw for over 300 yards in monsoon like conditions.

pigture perfect

They may get a bowl bid even at 5-7 and nobody really seems to want a bowl.
uhm No. You Are not bowl eligible at 5 wins. We win, we spoil their season.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

redeye

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2015, 03:56:43 pm
Arkansas will kill Mizzou.  I think they win by 30+ points.  Mizzou is terrible, the team has been a campus flash point, and Arkansas is looking to make a statement win for bowl selection.  To me, it's a perfect storm for a Razorback blowout of the Tigers.

This one's over by halftime.

That makes sense, but let's not get ahead of ourselves again.  Missouri has a great defense, so if their offense starts clicking, it'll be tough.

Our players need to take this game seriously and they never seem to do that when our fans are predicting blowouts and telling them how easy it'll be.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: Country Stylz on November 24, 2015, 08:51:28 pm
Every time we underestimate Mizzu, we end up p*ssed as hell. Y'all can say it isn't a rivalry if you want to...but I hate these sum b*tches.

You can hate a team and their fans without them being a rival. I also hate them.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Country Stylz on November 24, 2015, 08:51:28 pm

After the 2008 Cotton Bowl, no one here should ever underestimate Missouri.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

dsgreen

Their DE's are scary, but past that there's not much to their team that worries me.

They couldn't score more than 8 points at home for his last home game, why would they get amped up on the road?

bkjbearcat

I think mizzou players will be amped for this game, just because of the whole Pinkel situation

They didn't against Tenn, in his last home game. I think most of the underclassmen just want to finish the season and get a new HC.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

code red

Brothers is as good as Philon last year....it will be close
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

870hogfan

Quote from: code red on November 25, 2015, 10:59:05 am
Brothers is as good as Philon last year....it will be close

No it won't.

osumed14

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2015, 04:22:11 pm
Weather conditions could make it interesting.  Or at least somewhat competitive.

Could not agree MORE!!!  Think I would of completely agreed with OP if not for the terrible weather that is in the forecast right now and yes I do think it can make that big of a difference.  Their D is ranked 10th in the nation and if the weather helps really slow our passing game down then it will likely be a very ugly low scoring game that is close until the end.  I still think we find a way to win this one but think the weather going to keep this one way more close than we would like.

TeufelHog

Going to be closer than many think . . . especially if our defense continues to play they way they have.

Medic821

The whole Miz. Team was disrespectful last year... Hope  Hogs pour it on them.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Medic821 on November 25, 2015, 01:05:48 pm
The whole Miz. Team was disrespectful last year... Hope  Hogs pour it on them.

They sure were dirty.

flynhog

You said it!  I hope you are right!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Augustus

Yes, but they've already had their carry coach off the field moment and the staff is hunting jobs this week.  They may get a bowl bid even at 5-7 and nobody really seems to want a bowl.  The new hire will happen very soon and that is another distraction for the team. Arkansas hasn't had a win over a power five team at home this year and I suspect everyone want to send BA and the seniors out on a high note.  Mizzou will have to grab the lead because if they get behind like last year I don't see them fighting their way back.  I'd say this is the sort of game that ends up about 31-17.

Auburn.

Swine-as-wine

Quote from: regi on November 24, 2015, 08:51:00 pm
Every SEC team we have played, has had their best passing day of the season against us in total yards. That is almost impossible to do. Mizzou will do the same. This will not be a blow out.

If Bret walks into Long's office and asks for a raise for any of his defensive assistants or himself, Long should long should laugh him out the door.

You grandmother could start at QB for Mizzou........they couldn't pass driving a Ferrari down the interstate. Run on back to
Joplin.

The Kig

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 24, 2015, 04:14:00 pm
Mizzou defense is fairly decent.  They allowed 31 against MS St, but generally its about 20 points.

We allowed 51... We lose by 20.  Sigh.
Poker Porker

reddogjcss

Ark by 14 but will be a fight

Hogarusa

Wont be close, weather wont help Mizzou stay close.  Bad teams are also bad in bad weather
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: The Kig on November 26, 2015, 04:29:32 am
We allowed 51... We lose by 20.  Sigh.

....and we allowed 52 at Ole Miss. Oh wait.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TheRazorback500

Mississippi State's DL was the best we've faced since Alabama's (just ask AC). Missouri's is as good or better, and Brothers is as valuable to them as Spaight was to us last year. It won't be easy.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

presidenthog

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on November 26, 2015, 08:49:53 pm
Mississippi State's DL was the best we've faced since Alabama's (just ask AC). Missouri's is as good or better, and Brothers is as valuable to them as Spaight was to us last year. It won't be easy.

and Mizzou has a true freshman at qb unlike miss st who had one of the best qbs in the sec ever. mizzou had like a 5 game stretch where they didn't score a td. they barely scored once on miss state and we hung 50. let that sink in. our defense is bad, but thier offense is literally atrocious. they got the ball on the 1 yard line one time from a fumble and lost 3 yards in 3 attempts. they are terrible. absolutely terrible on offense. it will be like the lsu game without fournette.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on November 26, 2015, 08:49:53 pm

well, yeah, but ya see, Bert has to have this one to have shown improvement....we are going to beat Mizzou as badly as Bert wants to...basically how much slack he cuts Mizzou because of Pinkel's illness...by the way, prayers to coach Pinkel and the long, hard journey he's about to embark upon...I say.... Tigs  17    Hogs 31
The long Grey line will never fail our country.