Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In memory of K.J. Hill

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 24, 2015, 12:25:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WooPig90

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 24, 2015, 02:58:57 pm
This is a dumb thread.  No clue why so many of you like to tear down Arkansas kids that choose to go the top programs in the country.

He is a true freshmen playing on the defending national champion team that is currently 10-1.  Every WR they have on the roster is a former 4 and 5 star.

Alright Montez calm down

tusksincolorado

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2015, 03:10:24 pm
Best zinger in the whole damn thread right here! That's my kind of sarcastic humor.

Only thing I would say is kid does have a national championship ring. Even if he doesn't get much play time, he could get a degree and graduate...and that combined with being on a national championship caliber team would (to me) still be a heck of an experience.

Well....

1st....he has not won a National Championship

2nd....he has not started

3rd....he has not played

4th....he has not graduated

5th....he does not live in Arkansas anymore

6th....he lives in Ohio....HE LIVES IN OHIO! He is LIVING WITH Midwesterners!

7th....if he does graduated from tOSU then he is only one of a multitude of tOSU grads that will be hoping to work in the Chicago area.

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2015, 03:13:28 pm
Kid doesn't have a national championship ring...
My mistake...thought he was a 2014 recruit
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: swinemaster on November 24, 2015, 03:42:07 pm
I think the OP made a good point about the comparison of offensive styles.  The media had portrayed us as a power running team with no downfield passing potential.  Now look at us.  We throw it way better than they do.  And to be honest, they never have really thrown it that effectively.

Point is, if he was making a business decision to play in an offense that could showcase his abilities the best, he made the wrong choice based on how this season is playing out.

I love it.

The even larger point is that Ohio State is a good, but not great, football team playing in a mediocre conference.  They got hot at the right time last year and played lights out.  This year's team isn't last year's team.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

MountieDawg

Highly Ranked QB Ty Story has not played a down for Arkansas.  Do you think he is hating his decision?  You can't judge a player and his happiness on a freshman season.  I think most people on this board care more for hating players that didn't come here than enjoying the players that do come.
SEC!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 24, 2015, 04:05:59 pm
Highly Ranked QB Ty Story has not played a down for Arkansas.  Do you think he is hating his decision?  You can't judge a player and his happiness on a freshman season.  I think most people on this board care more for hating players that didn't come here than enjoying the players that do come.

How much incentives did Story's handlers get?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 24, 2015, 12:25:20 pm

K.J. Hill must be wondering OMG what have I done?

LMAO  More than likely he's wondering if he'd ever have seen the field here if he'd come...

CallThemHawgs!

hoglady

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 24, 2015, 04:01:22 pm
The even larger point is that Ohio State is a good, but not great, football team playing in a mediocre conference.  They got hot at the right time last year and played lights out.  This year's team isn't last year's team.

Bama should not have lost to OSU.
Lane Kiffin handed Ohio State the playoff game when he forgot who could win him the game for him - Henry not Sims. (13 carries for Henry and something like 11 carries for Yeldon both I think were averaging over 5 yds a carry).
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

IronHog

Quote from: wholehog92 on November 24, 2015, 03:09:09 pm
Not sure I understand the mentality of this thread.  I would have loved to have had KJ playing for us.  He is a talented kid.  If he didn't want to be here, good riddance I'll focus on those that do.

I did click on the thread with dread thinking the young man passed.  I shouldn't have been surprised at what I found I guess.

+1
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Grumpypenguin

Quote from: Karma on November 24, 2015, 12:41:52 pm
In light of the tragedy with fellow NLR alum Tenpenny, this thread could have a better name.

What a ridiculous statement

upperdeck_hawg

Whether he plays a down or not, he won't have a problem finding a good job when he graduates.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on November 24, 2015, 05:53:19 pm
What a ridiculous statement

Disagree. My heart sank when I saw the thread title.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Cure

KJ will be great for the Buckeyes and he just barely missed the rotation at H-back, but that's great for him. He'll have a good few years ahead of him.

The offense he's in this year is much different from last year's, so it's expected there will be a drop off, but the kid made a good decision. KJ is an extremely talented player and would have gotten on the field if we weren't loaded at the position.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Qadi999

I'm sure he is sitting on the bench of a 10-1 team just hating the fact that he missed out on the chance  to be on a team that's just above 500 . I'm sure its just killing him not being able to see a defense give up 500 to 600 yards a game. And you can almost bet he wishes he could have been apart of that historic loss to Toledo.

3kgthog

I'm sure he's heartbroken that he'll be in the national title hunt every season while we struggle to stay out of the West cellar.

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: scorekeeper on November 24, 2015, 01:00:54 pmBama's loss wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed.

Yea had bama not had 5 Turnovers they would've won

Hawgphish

not a fan of the name of this thread. 

reddogjcss

Where did that Kid KJ come from? Who and what is he?

Bigpiggin

November 24, 2015, 07:29:38 pm #69 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:09:00 pm by Bigpiggin
Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 24, 2015, 01:43:12 pm
I guess Hill made a business decision like Monk and Goodwin.

One day the truth will come out on what went down, but it hasn't happened yet. Too many people know for it to stay quite forever.

bigdaddyhawg

Highly Ranked QB Ty Story has not played a down for Arkansas.  Do you think he is hating his decision? 

Stupid question!!

Of course Ty is not hating his decision -- he's a Razorback!!  And he goes to school, and lives, and plays football in freaking ARKANSAS!! in the freaking OZARKS!!

What in the world could he possibly have to Hate??

TJ Hill, on the other hand, is not blessed with ANY OF THOSE THINGS!!  I can only imagine the HUGE list of piled up crap things about his life!!

Poor kid.  (Not poor in money, I'm sure, just in things that really matter.)
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

FreshHog

How sad is it that the Hill situation was far less shady than the Monk tragedy....   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Bigpiggin

Quote from: FreshHog on November 24, 2015, 07:37:18 pm
How sad is it that the Hill situation was far less shady than the Monk tragedy....   :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
It wasn't.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 24, 2015, 06:42:29 pm
I'm sure he's heartbroken that he'll be in the national title hunt every season while we struggle to stay out of the West cellar.

He'd better hunt for the field, first.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

FreshHog

Quote from: Bigpiggin on November 24, 2015, 07:38:55 pm
It wasn't.

Really? I'd say Marcus Monk pushing his lil bro is far more shady than hills decommitment...

Bigpiggin

Quote from: FreshHog on November 24, 2015, 07:50:52 pm
Really? I'd say Marcus Monk pushing his lil bro is far more shady than hills decommitment...
That's because the full story isn't out there.

grayhawg

Quote from: FreshHog on November 24, 2015, 07:50:52 pm
Did Monk's high school coach loose his job too?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Karma on November 24, 2015, 12:41:52 pm
In light of the tragedy with fellow NLR alum Tenpenny, this thread could have a better name.

This. Poor choice of words....
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on November 24, 2015, 06:24:01 pm
Whether he plays a down or not, he won't have a problem finding a good job when he graduates.

So he'll have trouble finding a job after graduating from tOSU?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Piggfoot

Just a thought. If Urban doesn't play him and just uses him on the practice squad, maybe it can't come back and bite him in the butt for presumed recruiting violations.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 24, 2015, 01:20:38 pm
You guys just don't get it.  Until you experience the atmosphere of playing Indiana at 11am on ABC in the 35 degree weather, you aren't really in position to criticize KJ. 

post of the day
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

scorekeeper

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on November 24, 2015, 06:49:50 pm
Yea had bama not had 5 Turnovers they would've won
That is football...the defense did there job.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 24, 2015, 12:30:28 pm

First in with who is K.J. Hill?

Not sure. Seems like he was some player from NLR, that's Dad (or step Dad).....sold hot dogs at football games.  ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

RedBird5

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 24, 2015, 02:58:57 pm
This is a dumb thread.  No clue why so many of you like to tear down Arkansas kids that choose to go the top programs in the country.

He is a true freshmen playing on the defending national champion team that is currently 10-1.  Every WR they have on the roster is a former 4 and 5 star.

Exactly!  I don't understand why people hate to see people, and pertaining to kids/young men here, succeed.  Who cares if he goes elsewhere and does well?  Seriously, good for him.  Hope his life and career go great in whatever he does.  Football or not.  It's so stupid to whine about stuff like this. 

HogInFlorida

None of the WRs you listed are freshmen. How do you know Hill wouldn't be redshirting like Stewart and Pettway? Who would he have jumped on the depth chart that you mentioned?

If KJ Hill isn't 1 or 2 on their depth chart by his junior or senior year, THEN you can make this thread whining about what could have been.

Who cares? He's a buckeye and I seriously doubt he regrets the decision. Get over it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Sivad

Out of State.
To paraphrase Les Miles..."Where Arkansas expatriate's dreams go to die."

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 24, 2015, 08:07:19 pm
This. Poor choice of words....

Today's society with politically correct.  Title is fine.  Don't wine. It's a message board

bkjbearcat

Quote from: RedBird5 on November 25, 2015, 12:31:07 am
Exactly!  I don't understand why people hate to see people, and pertaining to kids/young men here, succeed.  Who cares if he goes elsewhere and does well?  Seriously, good for him.  Hope his life and career go great in whatever he does.  Football or not.  It's so stupid to whine about stuff like this.

Hill is old enough to...vote, fight and die for his country, earn and destroy his credit, get a loan and be tried in a court of law as an adult.

If he can do all of those things he can take some criticism for his "Business Decision" just like other business men do with theirs. Welcome to the real world.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hogarusa

Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 25, 2015, 08:18:52 am
Hill is old enough to...vote, fight and die for his country, earn and destroy his credit, get a loan and be tried in a court of law as an adult.

If he can do all of those things he can take some criticism for his "Business Decision" just like other business men do with theirs. Welcome to the real world.

Doubtful he reads Hogville so its not really about how KJ feels about criticism.  More about why people still have Hurt feelings about him 9 months later to post this thread instead of talking about all the guys who chose to be Razorbacks.  Just poor form is all.  He gone, move on
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

immahog

I don't care if he reads hogville or not other ppl do and this thread is part of the reason kids like goodwin, monk and hill and allen don't stay home b/c of stupid grown men bashing KIDS for choosing to do something that they feel is best for them. I hate it as much as anyone but im not gonna bash a kid for not calling the hogs.

Some of you need a life
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: immahog on November 25, 2015, 08:46:33 am
I don't care if he reads hogville or not other ppl do and this thread is part of the reason kids like goodwin, monk and hill and allen don't stay home b/c of stupid grown men bashing KIDS for choosing to do something that they feel is best for them. I hate it as much as anyone but im not gonna bash a kid for not calling the hogs.

Some of you need a life

I agree win your last sentence. But, Goodwin, Monk and Allen didn't leave Arkansas because of fans bashing them. That is false.

lrcentral

A degree from Ohio State > Arkansas. He made a great business decision. People who are saying he made a bad decision must be fat middle-aged white guys who never played football. He gets a chance to earn a degree from one of the most prestigious universities for free.... You know who wants to play in Ohio in 35 degree weather? Winners.

The Hogfather

Quote from: immahog on November 25, 2015, 08:46:33 am

Some of you need a life

Frank em

The Hogfather

Quote from: lrcentral on November 25, 2015, 09:06:07 am
A degree from Ohio State > Arkansas. He made a great business decision. People who are saying he made a bad decision must be fat middle-aged white guys who never played football. He gets a chance to earn a degree from one of the most prestigious universities for free.... You know who wants to play in Ohio in 35 degree weather? Winners.

We'll see.  He'll probably end up like 99% of kids who leave the state, sitting the bench for a year or two and transferring to Arkansas State/UCA/OBU, sitting the bench and getting in trouble for drugs/guns, or just doing nothing on the field and getting a useless degree created for athletes, making it very hard to do anything when/if he graduates (especially in his home state).

Razor1997

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 25, 2015, 08:13:08 am
Today's society with politically correct.  Title is fine.  Don't wine.

I won't wine today, but I'll wine and dine to my heart's content tomorrow.

Sue E NoNutts

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 25, 2015, 08:13:08 am
Today's society with politically correct.  Title is fine.  Don't wine. It's a message board

It's not about being politically correct.  OP isn't trying to offend anyone with the title.  It's about people being concerned that something truly tragic has happened to KJ.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

Hogarusa

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 25, 2015, 09:10:36 am
We'll see.  He'll probably end up like 99% of kids who leave the state, sitting the bench for a year or two and transferring to Arkansas State/UCA/OBU, sitting the bench and getting in trouble for drugs/guns, or just doing nothing on the field and getting a useless degree created for athletes, making it very hard to do anything when/if he graduates (especially in his home state).

This is really poor.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

texas tush hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2015, 02:23:20 pm
Don't think he would swallow his pride and transfer back to little ole Arkansas.

Not if Bama offers.

Smokehouse

Quote from: swinemaster on November 24, 2015, 03:42:07 pm
I think the OP made a good point about the comparison of offensive styles.  The media had portrayed us as a power running team with no downfield passing potential.  Now look at us.  We throw it way better than they do.  And to be honest, they never have really thrown it that effectively.

Point is, if he was making a business decision to play in an offense that could showcase his abilities the best, he made the wrong choice based on how this season is playing out.

I love it.

Yup. I think everyone is missing BP's main point here. OSU runs a system that really highlights one receiver and focuses on a diverse rushing attack. So Hill will not just need to improve during his tenure at OSU to make a large impact, he'll need to work himself up to #1 on the depth chart.

Meanwhile, the Hogs have three WRs who are routinely making big contributions on top of the TEs being heavily involved. If there's a dropoff at the TE position in terms of route/running and catching after Henry and Sprinkle are gone, maybe that goes up to 4 wide outs being consistently involved. It now appears that Hill would have the ball in his hands a lot more over his career had he chosen the Hogs.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.