Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In memory of K.J. Hill

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 24, 2015, 12:25:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Against an assortment of mostly sad-sack opponents, using a revolving door quarterback system, Dee Ohio State University has thrown the football 25 times per game. That included 16 passes in the crippling loss against Michigan State.

Ohio State quarterbacks have completed 63% of their passes for 12 yards per reception, 7.6 yards per pass attempt, with 17 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Top receivers have been

WR Michael Thomas (6-3 jr) - 47-659 (14.0 ypc), 8 TDs
H-back Jalin Marshall (5-11 so) - 29-417 (14.4 ypc), 4 TDs
RB Ezekiel Elliott (6-0 jr) - 24-169 (7.0 ypc), 0 TD
QB/H-back Braxton Miller (6-2 sr) - 23-324 (14.1 ypc), 3 TD

Yup. Hill has been on the active roster but unneeded, because Ohio State HARDLY THROWS PASSES TO MORE THAN ONE WIDE RECEIVER.

Keon Hatcher, who played two games for Arkansas, has more catches than almost the entire roster of Ohio State wideouts.

Some Arkansas stats...

Arkansas is averaging 30 passes per game. Completion: 65%. Yards per catch: 14.2. Yards per throw: 9.3. Touchdowns: 30. Interceptions: 6.

Top receivers:

WR Drew Morgan - 52-723 (13.9 ypc), 10 TDs.
TE Hunter Henry - 44-619 (14.1 ypc), 3 TDs.
WR Dominique Reed - 23-483 (21.0 ypc), 6 TDs.
TE Jeremy Sprinkle - 23-308 (13.4 ypc), 5 TDs.
WR Jared Cornelius - 22-358 (16.3 ypc), 3 TDs.

Arkansas has a real passing game. Crappy dump passes to a tailback are not a staple of the Hogs' offense.

K.J. Hill must be wondering OMG what have I done?
[CENSORED]!

Bebop

Ironhawg

First in with who is K.J. Hill?

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

An old hog fanatic

Hope whoever got the bribe money is enjoying it.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Biggus Piggus

Promise I didn't make him up. He is a name on the OSU depth chart. Promise. It's in 4-point type, but he's there.
[CENSORED]!

wildturkey8

Kids being led astray by "handlers" and "advisers".

sickboy

Careful, the kid may be asking for a transfer soon. :)

SemperHawg

Some where a coach thought he was going to get his Hugh Freeze/Gus Malzahn big break into D-1 football.   Crootin is a dirty a$$ business sometimes, I genuinely feel bad for KJ.

In light of the tragedy with fellow NLR alum Tenpenny, this thread could have a better name.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Karma on November 24, 2015, 12:41:52 pm
In light of the tragedy with fellow NLR alum Tenpenny, this thread could have a better name.
This is my non-signature signature.

DCimport

November 24, 2015, 12:43:14 pm #11 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:27:30 pm by DCimport
Reed has been a difference maker this year.  Not sure how Hill would have been.  Corrected

WooPig90

Good. Hope he regrets his decision

PorkRinds

Quote from: DCimport on November 24, 2015, 12:43:14 pm
Reed has been a difference maker this year.  Not sure how Hill would have been  but bringing up Reed because Hill would have taken his scholarship.

This.  It's easy to see now why CBB said Reed was their first priority at WR.  The dude just has it.  KJ would not have made as much difference this year as Reed has IMO.  He likely would have played though, which is more than he can say at OSU.  I hope Montez is happy!

Biggus Piggus

Reed has been a difference maker this year.  Not sure how Hill would have been  but bringing up Reed because Hill would have taken his scholarship.

Untrue. Arkansas was recruiting Reed all along. He wasn't a last-minute offer by any means.
[CENSORED]!

jgphillips3

Reed is a freak.  Can we put him on the Darren McFadden reproduction program to enhance our team in the 2030's?

Hakuna Matata

Separated at Birth - KJ Hill Edition

KJ Hill

Bench Rider

scorekeeper

I agree.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

hogsanity

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 24, 2015, 12:25:20 pm
Against an assortment of mostly sad-sack opponents, using a revolving door quarterback system, Dee Ohio State University has thrown the football 25 times per game. That included 16 passes in the crippling loss against Michigan State.

Ohio State quarterbacks have completed 63% of their passes for 12 yards per reception, 7.6 yards per pass attempt, with 17 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Top receivers have been

Yup. Hill has been on the active roster but unneeded, because Ohio State HARDLY THROWS PASSES TO MORE THAN ONE WIDE RECEIVER.

Keon Hatcher, who played two games for Arkansas, has more catches than almost the entire roster of Ohio State wideouts.

Some Arkansas stats...

Arkansas is averaging 30 passes per game. Completion: 65%. Yards per catch: 14.2. Yards per throw: 9.3. Touchdowns: 30. Interceptions: 6.

Top receivers:

Arkansas has a real passing game. Crappy dump passes to a tailback are not a staple of the Hogs' offense.

Several people predicted the Oho St part of this when he signed with them. Not sure much changes for Ohio St next year either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

scorekeeper

The team had just won a national championship along with returning a lot of starters. Maybe he thought "For a championship ring I'll ride the bench my freshman year" didn't work out for him even though Ohio State has one loss and Bama has one loss and Bama's loss wasn't as close as the scoreboard showed.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Danny J

Hope he rides the bench all 4 years....serves him and his family right for being led a$tray.

What is really glorious about this whole deal is that he needs us(Playing time) more than we need him.  ;)

Sivad

That he screwed the pooch.

Corkscrew Johnson

You guys just don't get it.  Until you experience the atmosphere of playing Indiana at 11am on ABC in the 35 degree weather, you aren't really in position to criticize KJ. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

We had a scholarship for both.

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 24, 2015, 01:31:38 pm
We had a scholarship for both.

Correct, we might not have gotten Ricky Town, though. I'll take a kid wanting to come here over a traitor any day of the week.

Hogeration

I still think he wanted to go to the UA but after all the crap that broke, he decided to get away from any kind of crazy talk.  It died down so quick that I bet he wished he would have stayed committed to the Hogs.

bkjbearcat

I guess Hill made a business decision like Monk and Goodwin. So far the only business Hill will do is in the Arena League, maybe CFL. Go Rattlers or Go Roughriders!
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 24, 2015, 01:43:12 pm
I guess Hill made a business decision like Monk and Goodwin. So far the only business Hill will do is in the Arena League, maybe CFL. Go Rattlers or Go Roughriders!

North Kentucky River Monsters.
This is my non-signature signature.

DoctorSusscrofa

Let's be kind. Hill is a true freshman on a team loaded with talent. Give him another year before mocking him. Besides - I'm happy with who we got. No reason the pile on a kid we didn't get.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2015, 01:37:28 pm
Correct, we might not have gotten Ricky Town, though. I'll take a kid wanting to come here over a traitor any day of the week.

I wonder what KJ thought when he heard about Town coming here as they both played on the same team at the opening and the Army game

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 24, 2015, 01:48:42 pm
Let's be kind. Hill is a true freshman on a team loaded with talent. Give him another year before mocking him. Besides - I'm happy with who we got. No reason the pile on a kid we didn't get.

My understanding is he is redshirting this season

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 24, 2015, 01:51:29 pm
My understanding is he is redshirting this season

I'm sure that's true. It makes good sense on a team that can recruit great athletes every year at all positions.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

No kidding.
I thought - oh my god - what happened when I saw the title.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

gmarv

the title is fine.you want sensitive you probable ain,t gonna find it here on hogville.

bigdaddyhawg

Top receivers have been

Some Arkansas stats...

Top receivers:

Hey, don't be too hard on good ol' KJ.

It takes most of their new freshmen their RS year to figure out where the best free cars, tatoos, fur coats, etc. are to be located.

He's got to have his priorities.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Calling All Hogs

He already has a historical legacy as a high school player. The only player in Arkansas history to lose 10 football games and at least 24 boys basketball games that had already been won. 

Quote from: gmarv on November 24, 2015, 02:05:38 pm
the title is fine.you want sensitive you probable ain,t gonna find it here on hogville.
I guess some of us are bothered by teenagers dying more than you.

The_Iceman

Don't think he would swallow his pride and transfer back to little ole Arkansas.

Hogarusa

This is a dumb thread.  No clue why so many of you like to tear down Arkansas kids that choose to go the top programs in the country.

He is a true freshmen playing on the defending national champion team that is currently 10-1.  Every WR they have on the roster is a former 4 and 5 star.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

wholehog92

Not sure I understand the mentality of this thread.  I would have loved to have had KJ playing for us.  He is a talented kid.  If he didn't want to be here, good riddance I'll focus on those that do.

I did click on the thread with dread thinking the young man passed.  I shouldn't have been surprised at what I found I guess.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on November 24, 2015, 01:20:38 pm
You guys just don't get it.  Until you experience the atmosphere of playing Indiana at 11am on ABC in the 35 degree weather, you aren't really in position to criticize KJ. 

L.O.L.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

jkstock04

Best zinger in the whole damn thread right here! That's my kind of sarcastic humor.

Only thing I would say is kid does have a national championship ring. Even if he doesn't get much play time, he could get a degree and graduate...and that combined with being on a national championship caliber team would (to me) still be a heck of an experience.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkRinds

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2015, 03:10:24 pm
Best zinger in the whole damn thread right here! That's my kind of sarcastic humor.

Only thing I would say is kid does have a national championship ring. Even if he doesn't get much play time, he could get a degree and graduate...and that combined with being on a national championship caliber team would (to me) still be a heck of an experience.

Kid doesn't have a national championship ring...

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: wholehog92 on November 24, 2015, 03:09:09 pm
Not sure I understand the mentality of this thread.  I would have loved to have had KJ playing for us.  He is a talented kid.  If he didn't want to be here, good riddance I'll focus on those that do.

I did click on the thread with dread thinking the young man passed.  I shouldn't have been surprised at what I found I guess.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

gmarv

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2015, 03:13:28 pm
Kid doesn't have a national championship ring...
guess they could of reserved one for his signature ????

sickboy

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 24, 2015, 02:58:57 pm
This is a dumb thread.  No clue why so many of you like to tear down Arkansas kids that choose to go the top programs in the country.

He is a true freshmen playing on the defending national champion team that is currently 10-1.  Every WR they have on the roster is a former 4 and 5 star.

It's just sour milk. We get that from time to time. KJ Hill's departure was made a little more sour because of his handlers. That seems to be an issue with high valued Arkansas recruits.

Anyway, Hill has plenty of opportunity to make a career for himself at Ohio State. Though, I do think he's unlikely to be an elite college football receiver. Not on that team. If he was a real difference maker, he'd have made a name for himself this year. Christian Kirk is that kind of WR -- the one that all the national media folks chat about on Saturday mornings as a game breaker.

I think that's just the nature of college football. It's such a short window of years that you get to play that if you're not grabbing national attention as a freshman, then people see you as a role player, not a game breaker. Especially at a position like WR.

And there's no doubt that KJ Hill, had he come to Arkansas, would have garnered more attention.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 24, 2015, 02:58:57 pm

One day, perhaps, if you're lucky, you'll find your clue.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Choctaw Hog

LOL.

swinemaster

I think the OP made a good point about the comparison of offensive styles.  The media had portrayed us as a power running team with no downfield passing potential.  Now look at us.  We throw it way better than they do.  And to be honest, they never have really thrown it that effectively.

Point is, if he was making a business decision to play in an offense that could showcase his abilities the best, he made the wrong choice based on how this season is playing out.

I love it.