Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday Weather

Started by osumed14, November 24, 2015, 09:23:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

I will be there and bringing 11 others with me.

hawgbawb

Flash flood watch. I'm thinking about 50K show up.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 26, 2015, 11:23:21 am

You got enough of those Sumo cars for everyone there? Can I drive one all the way back home to Memphis.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The Space Age Hustler

Does the UofA offer ponchos for sell on rainy game days at the stadium? I will be at the game tomorrow and would like to know if I should pick one up somewhere else. Thanks

FreshHog

I'd recommend getting them elsewhere. I personally got some awesome rain gear from Academy.

Doug

No, they don't offer them "for sell".

I bet they do offer them "for sale", though.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

swineology

They can be purchased at Hog Heaven, by BWA

BorderPatrol

Weather? What weather?

bp

BPsTheMan

OTR said look for cool, crisp and dry weather.

"There will be no need for ponchos today folks," OTR was quoted. "All them tent cities is just folks showing off they tents. Status symbols really. Not for holding off no inclement weathers."

Don't shoot the messenger here please

:-\

BPsTheMan

I'm gonna go ahead and link this other weather thread that was made just a few seconds after this one was

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=604288.0

code red

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 26, 2015, 10:27:43 am
It depends on the severity of the conditions. How cold it is? How hard is it raining? Is it windy?

If it's in the 30's, windy and raining hard you bet less than 60,000 will show up and many of those who do show up will leave early.
Free tix in tix forum with no response.  Could be sparse.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 26, 2015, 10:27:43 am
It depends on the severity of the conditions. How cold it is? How hard is it raining? Is it windy?

If it's in the 30's, windy and raining hard you bet less than 60,000 will show up and many of those who do show up will leave early.

Not true hog fans!

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 26, 2015, 11:23:21 am

[CENSORED] cats.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: HoopS on November 26, 2015, 11:23:04 am

+1 to you sir.

hoginator

Quote from: HoopS on November 26, 2015, 11:23:04 am
Same! Just half as many. 3 of which are relatives and Ole Miss fans...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: hoginator on November 27, 2015, 07:54:07 am
Same! Just half as many. 3 of which are relatives and Ole Miss fans...

Boo, jk enjoy the game and cheer a hog victory.

tusksincolorado

Looks like you guys are going to need "The Arc" today! BTW...greatest Razorback Game I have ever attended was the AR/TX in LR with Joe Ferguson at QB when we beat them 42-7! It was the "mother of all rainstorms" that whole game.

GO HAWGS!  :razorback: 
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

psooie

My first Razorback game was SMU in Little Rock in the earlier 80's. Man i still remember some serious rain from that game.

McKdaddy

Quote from: psooie on November 27, 2015, 09:21:35 am
My first Razorback game was SMU in Little Rock in the earlier 80's. Man i still remember some serious rain from that game.

1983, maybe? We had to bail under the WMS stands at least once for a weather warning of some sort, I believe.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

rljjr

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 26, 2015, 10:21:31 am
Yes I am actually

HA! Outstanding. I got a nice chuckle out of this. Well played.

atekido

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 26, 2015, 10:21:31 am
Yes I am actually

If you was a Doctor you should know being in the cold does makes it easier to get sick.  The cold reduces the effectiveness of the mucus in the nasal passages and slows the response time of the immune system in general.  This in turn makes it easier for the rhino virus to get into the body.
Sorry but watching "House"  doesn't qualify you as a doctor unless you have watched the full series twice!

Back to the original topic.  The weather benefits Mizzou more than us and if it really is going to be low 30's and windy and fair amount of rain i can see maybe 40-50k showing up and if we are somehow down by 2 TD at half I bet maybe 35k will still be there by the 3rd quarter. If we are winning by 3 TD by half I also say maybe 35k will still be there lol.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 27, 2015, 09:37:18 am
1983, maybe? We had to bail under the WMS stands at least once for a weather warning of some sort, I believe.

Dad is now reminding me it was a tornado warning, fwiw.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BillyHog53

I live in Fayetteville and as of 12:50 i had exactly two inches of rain in my rain gauge with lots more coming

hogpc

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 24, 2015, 10:26:40 am
When was the last time a game in Reynolds was anywhere remotely near 30k
Barrett just estimated 25,000 in the stands...

Oklahawg

Quote from: McKdaddy on November 27, 2015, 11:00:49 am

Dad is now reminding me it was a tornado warning, fwiw.

Indeed it was.

Band marched at halftime with water over the tops of shoes.

I was told several inches of rain in the 2nd quarter alone. Don't remember the exact number but it was wicked to experience.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

This is the first time in a long time I've not attended due to weather. Winter weather advisory for my neck of the woods makes getting home dicey.

It is 70 degrees in my living room, and I'm not in rain gear.

Wish I was there to honor the seniors.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogimusMaximus

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: psooie on November 27, 2015, 09:21:35 am
That was 1983, the best team money can buy, SMU. They won 17-0.
Yes, it was a monsoon, driving rain, and tornado warnings. ABC took down their camera man from his perch in the south end zone in LR.

HognitiveDissonance

This was up there in the Top 5 for worst weather games to attend for me. Don't recall another game where it rained THE. ENTIRE. GAME. And cold. Gassing up the vehicle afterward I nearly froze to death as the NWA wind was cutting me in half.

Then get back to Central Ark and it's 10 degrees warmer here and doesn't feel too bad. Reminded me yet again that LR and Arkansas are southern but NWA is Midwestern.

HuntsvilleHawgFan

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 24, 2015, 10:26:40 am
When was the last time a game in Reynolds was anywhere remotely near 30k

Yesterday!

Where were the 60k plus people you bet were going to be at the game?

Unless they came cleverly disguised as empty seats or somehow they got 30k inside the East stands club seating area, at no time was DWRRS anywhere near half full for yesterday's game.

Before you ask, yes I was there.  I was there in the upper west side stands an hour before kickoff and I was still there when AA took the victory formation kneel down to end the game.

Some one posted the radio guys estimated 25k, I think that is a fair estimate.

By the start of the third quarter, that number had dropped to around 15k, and by the end of the game, maybe 5k were still around, and 5k is being very generous.

Shortest bus line ever leaving the stadium for me, basically walked out of the stadium and boarded a bus for Baum, and no post game traffic at all.     

razorbacker3

Wally said 30k and Tom Murphy said less than 40k. Had to be a post 2000 stadium low.

RebelAt

It was pretty desolate by the end of the game. 

Overtheroadtruckdriver

It was a cold wet one.  I hadn't been to a game in a while and picked a dandy one to go to.  Found out my boots weren't waterproof yesterday.  Can't imagine a better day after thanksgiving with my son, however.  About every ten minutes he would tell me he thought the rain was letting up a little bit, just about the time it started raining harder.  What a great time we had, though.

BallHog1

Quote from: OTR on November 28, 2015, 03:10:17 pm
It was a cold wet one.  I hadn't been to a game in a while and picked a dandy one to go to.  Found out my boots weren't waterproof yesterday.  Can't imagine a better day after thanksgiving with my son, however.  About every ten minutes he would tell me he thought the rain was letting up a little bit, just about the time it started raining harder.  What a great time we had, though.
You went to the game?
After the first fifteen times you told us you were going I just quit believing it and now here you are saying you really did.