Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday Weather

Started by osumed14, November 24, 2015, 09:23:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

osumed14

Anyone else concerned that the forecast for Friday could play right in to Mizzou hands of wanting an ugly sloppy 9-6 type game like it seems all their games have been this year?  I am showing high of 47 with 100% chance of rain.  I think on beautiful night we score over 30 on them and blow them out the way BA has been playing but their D has been the one somewhat legit part of their team and throw in a cold soaking wet day and could be the great equalizer I fear.  Thoughts?

lstewart

Cold and wet hurts our passing game and probably cuts down on scoring. Since they have a decent defense, and a low scoring offense, does seem to help Mizzu.

HuntsvilleHawgFan

I am also concerned about the attendance, in a cold down pouring rain, might be lucky to have 30,000 there.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: HuntsvilleHawgFan on November 24, 2015, 10:20:35 am
I am also concerned about the attendance, in a cold down pouring rain, might be lucky to have 30,000 there.
We are at home this year...not in Columbia.

RME

Quote from: HuntsvilleHawgFan on November 24, 2015, 10:20:35 am

When was the last time a game in Reynolds was anywhere remotely near 30k

jkstock04

Hey look! Another weather thread! Where is Harry Rex when you need em?

He would tell you regardless type of weather/climate it always favors the Hogs. I guess so much for the theory that Mississippi boys wouldn't be able to handle all that cold last weekend.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

longtimeHogfan

November 24, 2015, 10:44:49 am #6 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:48:30 am by longtimeHogfan
There's no way I'll get Mrs. Longtime to bundle up and sit through rain.  Cold?  Yeah, maybe.  But cold and wet?  Not a chance.

Update:  We gave our tickets to neighbors that will go.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hobhog

It will not be well attended. Bad weather, students gone, day after huge family holiday.

Should have left this game in LR. Yes, I said it- Officially highjacking the thread....

870hogfan

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

code red

This will be a close game.  Mizzou is down to their last bullet and need to get bowl eligible.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2015, 11:06:34 am
This will be a close game.  Mizzou is down to their last bullet and need to get bowl eligible.

Mizz will have to bring more emotion than they did in Pinkels last home game vs UT

Cause they just rolled over in that game

Hogarusa

You guys are crazy.  First, no way less than 60k will be at the game.  And B, rain sloppy cold conditions is a huge advantage for the Razorbacks. It's almost like you haven't seen the Razorbacks play in weather before.   The Hogs are like the post office when it comes to the weather.  I will be present
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Pigsknuckles

My thermals, and rainsuit will make Fridays weather a non-factor to me,
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Hogarusa

Quote from: hobhog on November 24, 2015, 10:47:30 am
It will not be well attended. Bad weather, students gone, day after huge family holiday.

Should have left this game in LR. Yes, I said it- Officially highjacking the thread....

If Wal mart and Best Buy can attract thousands of people to be at the store at 5 AM on people's day off for a discount on panty hose or iPhone accessories, people will show up to watch a Razorback football game.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

code red

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 24, 2015, 11:20:55 am
You guys are crazy.  First, no way less than 60k will be at the game.  And B, rain sloppy cold conditions is a huge advantage for the Razorbacks. It's almost like you haven't seen the Razorbacks play in weather before.   The Hogs are like the post office when it comes to the weather.  I will be present
Wanta bet on that 60K?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 24, 2015, 11:21:54 am
My thermals, and rainsuit will make Fridays weather a non-factor to me,
And Dr. Magilicutty's just what the doctor ordered.

Tim Harris

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 24, 2015, 10:26:40 am

It is Hogville.  You don't have to actually have facts.

rhames

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2015, 11:48:20 am
Wanta bet on that 60K?

There will be over 60k

Are you going to be there?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

scruf

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! lol, what a bunch of pantywaists

RME

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2015, 11:48:20 am
Wanta bet on that 60K?

I'll take the over on that bet. Believe it or not, Razorback fans actually exist outside of Hogville.

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 24, 2015, 11:53:33 am
It is Hogville.  You don't have to actually have facts.

You are correct, sir. A couple of my buddies last week didn't think MS State would be over 50k due to the coldness (wasn't even that cold) and duck season. Told them they were crazy and that Reynolds seldom falls under 65k.

code red

Quote from: rhames on November 24, 2015, 11:55:44 am

There will be over 60k

Are you going to be there?
I am always there

code red

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 24, 2015, 12:00:52 pm
I'll take the over on that bet. Believe it or not, Razorback fans actually exist outside of Hogville.

You are correct, sir. A couple of my buddies last week didn't think MS State would be over 50k due to the coldness (wasn't even that cold) and duck season. Told them they were crazy and that Reynolds seldom falls under 65k.
If that forecast is right it will be close...real close.

osumed14

Quote from: code red on November 24, 2015, 12:10:16 pm
If that forecast is right it will be close...real close.

Exactly what worries me!!  This weather will play right in to keeping this game low scoring which is only hope they have.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: osumed14 on November 24, 2015, 09:23:31 am
Anyone else concerned that the forecast for Friday could play right in to Mizzou hands of wanting an ugly sloppy 9-6 type game like it seems all their games have been this year?  I am showing high of 47 with 100% chance of rain.  I think on beautiful night we score over 30 on them and blow them out the way BA has been playing but their D has been the one somewhat legit part of their team and throw in a cold soaking wet day and could be the great equalizer I fear.  Thoughts?

Not concerned.  Advantage Arkansas.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Oklahawg

Spring game?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FANONTHEHILL

Spring Game will be over 30k next time.  I'm betting on 65-70k Saturday
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Boarcephus

They're predicting a total of 5-7 inches by the time it's over with it raining all day Friday
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Hogchick

I have seen more tickets for sale on Facebook for this game than any other..

McKdaddy

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 25, 2015, 05:26:17 am
They're predicting a total of 5-7 inches by the time it's over with it raining all day Friday

I'm looking forward to sitting in it cheering on the boys.

#ImASadist
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Inhogswetrust

Why would attendance be more there. It wouldn't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

Quote from: osumed14 on November 24, 2015, 09:23:31 am
Anyone else concerned that the forecast for Friday could play right in to Mizzou hands of wanting an ugly sloppy game?

What favors us:

wind
sun
rain
snow
sub freezing
you name it—it favors us.

opineonswine

Goofiness never ends. 

bythelake

My son and I will be there.  Weather is invigorating. Woo pig.  Yea and I'm 57, the tough generation.

TexomaRazorback

Perfect for hawgs. CBB was planning on running the ball down their throat mostly anyway. Our heavy OL will have better traction than their lighter DL.

mountainhog

Ill be there and bringing 3 other people who have never been to a game.   One is a mizzou fan, if they win he will be walking back to Mtn Home, and if anyone wants to beat him to near death after the game , ill help.  This of course would be in case of an upset. 

He is a friend except when we play mizzou, then he is just like all the rest of them,  idiots!

Mr. Porkleone

Mark it.....if it's down pouring, my family will not sit in rain and possible catch a cold. I'll be watching at home if raining hard. Just not enjoyable to me personally.

TexomaRazorback

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 25, 2015, 08:52:58 pm
Mark it.....if it's down pouring, my family will not sit in rain and possible catch a cold. I'll be watching at home if raining hard. Just not enjoyable to me personally.

WIMP.  LOL

ricepig

reddogjcss

It's a sale out ticket wise. I figure 60,000 or more will be there

Hog Pharm

You don't catch a cold from being out in the cold.

TNhawgfan

there better be 60,000 there. i take pride in m my fellow hog fans not being wimps
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HogimusMaximus

k.c.hawg

I didn't realize that the front moving in is carrying a virus.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 26, 2015, 12:50:28 am
You don't catch a cold from being out in the cold.

Are you a doctor?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on November 26, 2015, 07:55:25 am
Are you a doctor?

No, but he plays one on the internet.

It's a common medical myth that being outside in the rain or cold makes you sick. So, it's natural to assume that, by the same logic, working out in the rain or cold -- or both -- makes you sick. Neither, of course, is true. Being in rainy or cold conditions  is not a direct cause of viruses like cold or flu. You must come into contact with a virus to contract these illnesses.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: reddogjcss on November 26, 2015, 12:20:31 am
It's a sale out ticket wise. I figure 60,000 or more will be there
It depends on the severity of the conditions. How cold it is? How hard is it raining? Is it windy?

If it's in the 30's, windy and raining hard you bet less than 60,000 will show up and many of those who do show up will leave early.