Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles Addressing The Media at 12:30 Today.

Started by hogcard1964, November 23, 2015, 08:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MissippHog

This may be wishful thinking on my part, but you don't have to look far to see what happened to the last national power that ran off their coach after a down season.  Decade later and Tennessee is just now getting to being an average team.  We can only hope the same happens at LSU.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: MissippHog on November 24, 2015, 03:24:47 pm
This may be wishful thinking on my part, but you don't have to look far to see what happened to the last national power that ran off their coach after a down season.  Decade later and Tennessee is just now getting to being an average team.  We can only hope the same happens at LSU.

Would be nice, but at least with less there we were a 50/50 chance of winning.  Hopefully they don't get someone that knows how to coach qbs.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Cinco de Hogo

November 24, 2015, 05:06:21 pm #253 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:03:19 am by Cinco de Hogo
Quote from: Aporkalypse Now on November 24, 2015, 08:05:53 am
Oh good grief, how wrong. Or SCHEME has been the same all season long every game. It has ALWAYS been " we will run or pass on you depending on which you give us" out of the pro set, THAT is the scheme. Everything after that is playcalling based on the situation, but our overall SCHEME has remained the same.

Mayhaps you just don't understand football lexicon because it certainly isn't as if the coaches are installing a new offense each week depending on the opponent.

I fully believe that CBB has been trying to adjust his scheme to win in the SEC since the day he accepted the job.  I fully believe it's a work in progress.

Do you remember the day he said he wanted to run the ball on you even if you knew it was coming?  I have no doubt he would still love to do that but I also have no doubt he has learned it's easier said than done.

Augustus

Quote from: GuvHog on November 24, 2015, 10:43:44 am
I seriously doubt LSU will spend 15 Million to buy Les out and then spend another 11 Million to buy out Bobby Petrino's contract at Louisville and hire him. 26 Million dollars is a massive amount of money for a college to spend to change head coaches.

Is Petrino's buyout of $11M, "both ways"?  I know if Louisville fires him for on field performance, they owe him $11M...  but if he leaves to go to another school does Petrino owe them $11M?

I didn't think that was the case?

LZH

I still say that LSU is going to keep Miles for now, unless they already have an agreement with a top shelf coach in place. Just because they can poke their chest out and say "we can buy out his 15 million dollar contract whenever we want to", does not mean they are guaranteed to hire a better coach than Les......because there may not be one available right now.

But, hey, whatever man.

ricepig

Quote from: Augustus on November 24, 2015, 06:25:53 pm
Is Petrino's buyout of $11M, "both ways"?  I know if Louisville fires him for on field performance, they owe him $11M...  but if he leaves to go to another school does Petrino owe them $11M?

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/1/9/5292056/bobby-petrino-contract-details

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: razorbackkid on November 23, 2015, 05:56:07 pm
If I were Les Miles, I'd take the $15 million and disappear for a couple years and have an agent to help me assembly a offensive staff for the future from the best high school programs in the nation and and when a "high caliber" job opens I'd make it known I want the job, but require that they schedule LSU every year so as to exact furious rage and revenge on all them corndog eat'en cajuns.

But then again, I'm not Les Miles.  Personally, I'd take the money and move to Alaska.

I'm thinking move to a country that is cheap to live in and has no income tax.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

Atlhogfan1

Saban would welcome Bobby and his offense.  He would constrict it and then crush it.  Hope Lester stays but it doesn't seem likely.  They look like they want to make the Michigan/Texas Mistake.  Go spread go soft 7on7. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 25, 2015, 05:34:16 pm
Saban would welcome Bobby and his offense.  He would constrict it and then crush it.  Hope Lester stays but it doesn't seem likely.  They look like they want to make the Michigan/Texas Mistake.  Go spread go soft 7on7.

Petrino is not available.

GuvHog

Quote from: Augustus on November 24, 2015, 06:25:53 pm

Yes, it goes both ways.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lahawg1

Quote from: lahawg1 on November 24, 2015, 09:32:01 am
I was just told (by someone who claims to be in the right clique) that Urban Myers is the next coach of LSWho

I was told a little more last night and it took some Scotch to get it. UM's "buyout" to leave for another school is $2M and he has been offered $6M to coach LSWho. My source says it is a done deal.......only time will tell

GlassofSwine

Quote from: lahawg1 on November 26, 2015, 10:56:10 am
I was told a little more last night and it took some Scotch to get it. UM's "buyout" to leave for another school is $2M and he has been offered $6M to coach LSWho. My source says it is a done deal.......only time will tell

No way UM jumps from a more prestigious and relevant program like Ohio State to LSU for a 160k raise. He makes 5.86 million a year now. Plus he would have to navigate the SEC West which is much more difficult than the Big Ten.

Smokehouse

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 26, 2015, 11:02:59 am
No way UM jumps from a more prestigious and relevant program like Ohio State to LSU for a 160k raise. He makes 5.86 million a year now. Plus he would have to navigate the SEC West which is much more difficult than the Big Ten.

I'd find it much more believable that LSU thinks they're going to hire Meyer, and will make a mistake operating under that assumption, than Meyer is actually thinking of jumping ship.

He'd have to be extremely motivated by a desire to win a championship at three different schools to even consider it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 24, 2015, 05:06:21 pm
I fully believe that CBB has been trying to adjust his scheme to win in the SEC since the day he accepted the job.  I fully believe it's a work in progress.

Do you remember the day he said he wanted to run the ball on you even if you knew it was coming?  I have no doubt he would still love to do that but I also have no doubt he has learned it's easier said than done.

Oh, I think it's obvious that he learned that lesson. He thought he could get some huge offensive lineman and just line up and run it down every team's throat, b/c hey that worked at Wisky. I think he's learned that in the SEC you have to have the ability to do both, depending on what the defense is giving you.

And I think he's adjusted to believing that you can have a passing attack and still control TOP.